Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eagles Cut QB Mike Mcmahon, Broncos better look at this guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles Cut QB Mike Mcmahon, Broncos better look at this guy.

The Broncos need a decent backup Qb and Mike Mcmahon would fit into the Denver system pretty well, wonder if they will give him a look?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

We have Bradlee and his game is similar to McMahons

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum
      We have Bradlee and his game is similar to McMahons
      Agreed...

McMahon can't hit an open receiver past 10 yards...

Comment

Mike M is not a good backup. I live in Michigan and watched him with the lions he is no better then BVP. I do believe that Denver does have to do something with it's qb situation because I am not confident enough in BVP if Jake goes down. I know I may have a different view on him because I live in Michigan and did not see many of his college games, but he scares me when he has to throw.

Comment

Why is it everytime a backup QB suggestion is made on the forums we get the answer "don't need on, we have BVP" comes up? Van Pelt is not good! Probably get some heat for that by the hometown crowd, but i'm sure i'd get some support by the Bronco fans outside of the state of Colorado. I think we could pick up almost anyone and Bradlee would drop to #3 on the depth chart. I really think the Broncos are going to be picking a backup QB early on, maybe 3rd or 4th round. Mikey played the odds last season with only 2 QB's active and lucked out, can't see him doing it again.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan247
            Why is it everytime a backup QB suggestion is made on the forums we get the answer "don't need on, we have BVP" comes up? Van Pelt is not good! Probably get some heat for that by the hometown crowd, but i'm sure i'd get some support by the Bronco fans outside of the state of Colorado. I think we could pick up almost anyone and Bradlee would drop to #3 on the depth chart. I really think the Broncos are going to be picking a backup QB early on, maybe 3rd or 4th round. Mikey played the odds last season with only 2 QB's active and lucked out, can't see him doing it again.
            Yeah, i noticed this also, but to be fair Mcmahon has proven himself more then BVP has and played decent as a backup for the eagles last year when that whole team fell apart around him, to the guy that said Mcmahon cant hit a wr downfield i would say compare his completed passes to BVP's and tell me that BVP would be a better downfield passer, either way i think we need 3 qb's on the roster and a backup with Starting experance in the NFL would be a big plus, Mcmahon is mobile and he has experance in the west coast style offenses, he would be a good cheap pickup in my humble opinion.
            "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

I like Mcmahon....always have. He is a football player just like BVP....they both have the same playing styles. Nothing wrong with bringing in another QB to push everyone else....

Does anyone think that if the Broncos released BVP, other teams message boards would light up with a topic like " Broncos release BVP, lets get him"?

Comment

I've always liked McMahon as a backup QB. Very reliable. Mobile, tough, can throw yet not too acurately, and He has experience in the NFL. I'd like him here more than Harrington.
                Last edited by champbronc2; 03-20-2006, 04:38 PM.
                MMA News
                MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by champbronc2
                  I've always liked McMahon as a backup QB. Very reliable. Mobile, tough, can throw yet not too acurately, and He has experience in the NFL. I'd like him here more than Harrington.

C'mon Denver, sign him. Make me proud.

(He's a Rutgers alum like I am.)

sigpic
                  They're your teammates, now.
                  Best of luck, TT!
                  ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

All I have to say about Mike McMahon is that he won in Detriot.

Comment

It's always funny when a guy like McMahon shows grit and determination despite absolutely SUCKING on the field, and people praise him for his "intangibles" and label him a "man's man" or "throwback-type." All of those are just used to compensate for his apparent lack of talent. There are several "low key" types that are far more competent quarterbacks.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                        Agreed...

McMahon can't hit an open receiver past 10 yards...

That's good one WA.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                          That's good one WA.
                          I'm dead serious!!!

He put on the most pathetic QB performance I've ever seen against Seattle this year. PATHETIC! He was missin' LJ Smith like it was nobodies bidness!

Comment

This guys sucks

Originally posted by theshiverman
                            The Broncos need a decent backup Qb and Mike Mcmahon would fit into the Denver system pretty well, wonder if they will give him a look?
                            McMahon sucks....just because a QB is availabel doesn't mean the Broncos' should add him for the sake of adding him....there is a reason he was cut. Harrington and Griese are still out there so Denver isn't going to go after an irrelevent #4 Qb
                            MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan247
                              I have kind of the same reaction, but I wonder why is it every time another team cuts a QB or one goes FA there seem to be a bunch of people saying, "We better get him!"

There seem to be some people here who will grab anybody who emits odor from his underarms.

-----

Comment

Working...
                              X