Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eagles Cut QB Mike Mcmahon, Broncos better look at this guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vote "Nay!" to Mcmahon. I watched him last season and was not impressed.... at all.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe
      I have kind of the same reaction, but I wonder why is it every time another team cuts a QB or one goes FA there seem to be a bunch of people saying, "We better get him!"

There seem to be some people here who will grab anybody who emits odor from his underarms.

-----
      I wanted Denver to sign Jeff Garcia and then he was signed by the eagles, i thought his mobility and west coast experance could fit in here with Denver, now i mentioned they should 'Give Mcmahon a look' for the same reasons, im not one that wants Denver to sign every qb cut, But there have been a few, Garcia, Gus and now Mcmahon that i think could be good as the Broncos Backup qb, i actually look at the qb to see if he is a good fit before i even post anything, The Backup QB position is so important and right now im worried about BVP backing up Plummer.
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IRISHIDIOT
        McMahon sucks....just because a QB is availabel doesn't mean the Broncos' should add him for the sake of adding him....there is a reason he was cut. Harrington and Griese are still out there so Denver isn't going to go after an irrelevent #4 Qb
        I very seriously doubt that we will ever see Griese in Orange & Blue again.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
          He was missin' LJ Smith like it was nobodies bidness!

Wonder why. They were college teammates.

sigpic
          They're your teammates, now.
          Best of luck, TT!
          ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

humm...

Does anyone think that if the Broncos released BVP, other teams message boards would light up with a topic like " Broncos release BVP, lets get him"?
            Give BVP another pre-season showing, and I think he will spark some interset. Another year in the Bronc's system only makes him better.

Mcmahon is not a good QB. I think Matt Mauck would do a much better job then him.
            And BVP passed Matt up last summer.
            sigpic

Why did Mc'D get rid of Hillis?

Comment

Originally posted by theshiverman
              The Broncos need a decent backup Qb and Mike Mcmahon would fit into the Denver system pretty well, wonder if they will give him a look?
              I am sorry but I think McMahon is horrible INHO
              NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                I am sorry but I think McMahon is horrible INHO
                Well, there is nothing to be sorry about just because you think he is a bad qb, the broncos may think the same thing if they bring him in and look at him, but then again they may like him and since they are the Pro's and not a bunch of 'Monday morning back seat message board Pro Scouts' like we are, id rather see what they have to say before im ready to call him junk, That is if they even look at him at all
                "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                  I'm not averse to giving him a workout, but I think we can do better. I really expected McMahon to step up when the Eagles went down last year, but he didn't.
                  LOL, they coulda had Johnny Unitas in there and the eagles would still have been crap, that whole team was a head case after the T.O cancer ate them from the inside out, even their starter Mcnabb couldnt save them from a total crash and burn i dont see why anybody would think a backup in his first year on the team could do it in that situation. You hear people say 'well, without T.O Mcnabb didnt have any WR'S to throw too' well Mcmahon didnt have T.O either but he doesnt get that excuse , all the sudden he cant hit wr's downfield, he is a bad qb...lol, you guys trip me out. The eagles cut him because a better backup came on the open market and that was Jeff Garcia , Garcia is better but that doesnt mean Mcmahon is crap, they ought to at least give him a look before someone else signs him, because there arent many qb's left to sign as a backup out there.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishConrad
                    Give BVP another pre-season showing, and I think he will spark some interset. Another year in the Bronc's system only makes him better.

Mcmahon is not a good QB. I think Matt Mauck would do a much better job then him.
                    And BVP passed Matt up last summer.
                    I agree that Mauk would be a better fit and is a better QB but that is the reason that we are not going to get him...dont be surprised if he goes to the Jets since there is a lack of faith in Pennington's twice torn rotator cuff....if it were up to me i say give Bradlee another year, but bring in an Aaron Brooks type to push him along....this does not mean that i think that Brooks is good but he does have a better arm than Mike....

Comment

Looks like the Broncos are Interested in Mcmahon also, I knew they would be...hehe

Comment

Originally posted by broncosfan247
                        Why is it everytime a backup QB suggestion is made on the forums we get the answer "don't need on, we have BVP" comes up? Van Pelt is not good! Probably get some heat for that by the hometown crowd, but i'm sure i'd get some support by the Bronco fans outside of the state of Colorado. I think we could pick up almost anyone and Bradlee would drop to #3 on the depth chart. I really think the Broncos are going to be picking a backup QB early on, maybe 3rd or 4th round. Mikey played the odds last season with only 2 QB's active and lucked out, can't see him doing it again.
                        i live in colorado i totally agree with you, if i remember the game where BVP had to take over for Jake...he took every chance he had to run instead for look for an open reciever...what 40 yards rushing? as opposed to like 2-8 passing? ill take Mike over him any day
                        Last edited by str8jacket; 03-22-2006, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X