Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll was this a good trade for us?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Assuming we don't draft a bust . . .

    -----

    Comment


    • #47
      I liked the move. I'm curious who we pick with the #15, or if we trade up, although I don't seriously see us moving up.

      As far as not liking it because you are afraid Shanahan may reach with the pick, every year Shanahan is accused of reaching with a pick. Part of the time they work out(Darrent Williams), part of the time they don't(Maurice Clarrett). But that happens to everybody. Not everyone drafted makes the team. That doesn't neccessarily mean that we don't draft well. Part of the reason is because we have good players to begin with, and the rookies can't beat them out.

      All I know is I can't wait until draft day.

      This day is like the only day(a new tradition for me) where I tell everyone not to bother me while I watch the draft all day long.

      Go Broncos!
      Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
      Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
      Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

      Comment


      • #48
        I hope the 15th pick can land us Chad Jackson WR Florida.
        Superbowl 50 Champs!

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Football247
          The Broncos still do not have enough Salary Cap space to sign 2 First Round Selections, which leads me to believe another Trade is in the works. Trade the new 15th pick and our 22nd Pick to New Orleans 3rd pick. We take Matt Leinart, he gets to spend a year on the bench behind Jake Plummer learning the offense and the year after Jake is gone! Matt Leinart is the next Bronco Quarterback!

          If money was the problem I do not think Shanahan would have made the trade. Now if we did what you're suggesting then I don't think we would have enough money to cover all our picks.
          John 11: 25-27

          My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



          Thanks Snk16

          Comment


          • #50
            This has got to be the most lopsided poll ever lol, Shanahan robbed the Falcons like he robbed the 'Skins. I really hope we go after Chad Jackson, hes got good size and great athleticism and could be a good #1 WR when Rod has to retire. (Hopefully never)
            Last edited by DarKliger; 03-22-2006, 11:13 AM.

            Comment


            • #51
              I want to know the 3 people (at this time) who don't like this trade. It is a no brainer to move up to 15 and give up mid round draft picks.

              Denver is eyeing someone. (LenDale White, Chad Jackson hmmm. )
              NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                I want to know the 3 people (at this time) who don't like this trade. It is a no brainer to move up to 15 and give up mid round draft picks.

                Denver is eyeing someone. (LenDale White, Chad Jackson hmmm. )

                I was one of the people that didn't like it. Its not like on paper it wasn't good cause it was but to move to the 15th pick doesn't excite me. The players that I like will be gone by that pick also(like Davis). So to me it wasn't that great I don't understand why some people cant get over that fact some didn't like it that much. But the players that we can choose from at spot 15 don't excite me like they excite the rest of you. I will be happy if shanny can now work his way even closer to the bottom though. Thats just how I feel.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by CHUMP-to-CHAMP
                  I was one of the people that didn't like it. Its not like on paper it wasn't good cause it was but to move to the 15th pick doesn't excite me. The players that I like will be gone by that pick also(like Davis). So to me it wasn't that great I don't understand why some people cant get over that fact some didn't like it that much. But the players that we can choose from at spot 15 don't excite me like they excite the rest of you. I will be happy if shanny can now work his way even closer to the bottom though. Thats just how I feel.

                  If you look at most mock drafts the only people available at 15 that wouldnt be there at 22 are the two top WRs in this draft class....Chad Jackson and Santa Holmes.

                  Guess what, WR is a need for us too. Is this a coincidence or something MORE?

                  *X-Files theme song................*

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    GREAT pick! Although I still think we won't be able to draft Vernon Davis, it will almost guarantee us an excellent running back.

                    I want Vernon Davis...

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by BroncoStampede
                      If you look at most mock drafts the only people available at 15 that wouldnt be there at 22 are the two top WRs in this draft class....Chad Jackson and Santa Holmes.

                      Guess what, WR is a need for us too. Is this a coincidence or something MORE?

                      *X-Files theme song................*

                      I understand that but none of thoughs WR make me happy I don't really like them. If were going to go for Davis then this would be a different story but as of write now I don't want to see either of those players.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by CHUMP-to-CHAMP
                        I understand that but none of thoughs WR make me happy I don't really like them. If were going to go for Davis then this would be a different story but as of write now I don't want to see either of those players.

                        Yea im with you, im not thrilled about these wide receivers either, and Davis is the one offensive player I would be doing backflips over if we drafted him. BUT, he wont be available at 15 because he is the second best offensive player in the draft behind Bush. (discounting QBs)

                        He is surely top 10 material. I wouldnt be opposed to try and put a package together to move up into the 6th spot, although that would likely cost us both first rounders and maybe more.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X