Draft expect; NFL Insider says there's two possibilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft expect; NFL Insider says there's two possibilities

So, I emailed my one friend who helps run nfldraftcountdown.com... I asked him about the possibilities, in fact, this was my email:

------------

I sent you an email a few weeks back, seeing who the Broncos would be intrested in, and you said they were looking at positions like pass rushing DEs, Chad Jackson, etc. And that they might land T.O. Well, Terrell signed with the Cowboys and the Broncos have just signed a decent pass rusher in Kenard Lang, but also lost Trevor Pryce. They also lost their starting RB in Mike Anderson, and Mike Shanahan addressed early in the offseason that he was going to look for a franchise back outside of the roster... They pursure Jamal Lewis, but he re-signs with Baltimore, and before that they were looking at Ricky Williams -- until he failed his drug test again. Then I hear the latest news on how they traded up, and still kept their #22 pick -- which is great news.

So with the latest news, I could really see us bringing in a guy like maybe Chad Jackson/Santonio Holmes at #15, and then maybe Maroney or White at #22 -- Maroney should be avalible, yet White is in question... But with Edgerrin James signing with the Cardinals, I think I can speak for the NFL world when I say that there should be alot of value at around pick #20 when it comes to RBs.

So, I know this is just hours after the trade, but I'm really excited about this... And it's been killing me to know who we have our eye on for trading up 6 spots... So, have you had any contact with the Broncos on who they are targeting on and who they are really intrested in taking at that pick? Have you heard anything of them being real intrested in bringing LenDale White/Laurence Maroney/Any first round RB in?

P.S. -- Looking forward to your next mock on Monday, should really heat up now

------------

Then he sent:

------------

The Broncos obviously have something in mind in getting that #15 pick and I think it might be one of two things:

1) Positioning themselves ahead of Miami so they can get Chad Jackson.

2) Getting better ammo in an effort to trade up further, maybe for Vernon Davis.

I also think that Laurence Maroney is a strong possibility and a top defensive end is needed as well.

------------

Imagine if we traded up on draft day for Vernon? WOW! Things should get VERY intresting
    sigpic

The following text will contain nothing that makes sense to anybody but me:

YEAVERNONDAVISOMGLOL!!!!!11111oneoneeleven!!

Sorry, but seriously how many times have I said I would love for them to take a shot at Vernon. If we draft Vernon.... wow... There goes my last pair of clean underwear.

Comment

Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd
      The following text will contain nothing that makes sense to anybody but me:

YEAVERNONDAVISOMGLOL!!!!!11111oneoneeleven!!

Sorry, but seriously how many times have I said I would love for them to take a shot at Vernon. If we draft Vernon.... wow... There goes my last pair of clean underwear.
      Time to visit the laundromat?

-----

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe

-----
        He should just wait until the season, because after his first REAL beast catch, he's going to have to clean them off anyway
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by topscribe

-----
          Nah, there's a reason underwear has 2 sides.

Flip and reuse baby.

Comment

I wouldn't be too keen on trading both 1sts for Vernon Davis. Maybe 15 and some future picks...

Although, I suppose a TE with his athleticism would be great in this offense. Just imagine it. Jake boots outside...hits Davis in the flat...Davis outruns the entire defense and scores. YEA!

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
              He should just wait until the season, because after his first REAL beast catch, he's going to have to clean them off anyway
              I know you're a white fan, so would you be adverse to us trading up to get vernon davis instead of sticking around for white?

Comment

I know you're a white fan, so would you be adverse to us trading up to get vernon davis instead of sticking around for white?
                I don't really WANT to trade up, in fact I'd much rather have our 2 picks, and get a guy like White or Maroney and a DE or WR... BUT, there's no doubt that Vernon is a baller and he would bring nothing but upside to the passing game...

If I had to choose, I'd keep the 2 first rounders... But if we were to trade up and take Vernon, well, so be it... I'll support him
                sigpic

Comment

Marcedes in the second Im holding out hope

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                    I wouldn't be too keen on trading both 1sts for Vernon Davis. Maybe 15 and some future picks...

Although, I suppose a TE with his athleticism would be great in this offense. Just imagine it. Jake boots outside...hits Davis in the flat...Davis outruns the entire defense and scores. YEA!
                    Sounds kind of unfair, really
                    sigpic

Comment

I don't really WANT to trade up, in fact I'd much rather have our 2 picks, and get a guy like White or Maroney and a DE or WR... BUT, there's no doubt that Vernon is a baller and he would bring nothing but upside to the passing game...

If I had to choose, I'd keep the 2 first rounders... But if we were to trade up and take Vernon, well, so be it... I'll support him
                      Me, I'm kind of the other way around. I WANT to trade up snag Vernon. But, if we were to draft a DE with a huge upside and White I wouldn't be too sad.

Comment

Me, I'm kind of the other way around. I WANT to trade up snag Vernon. But, if we were to draft a DE with a huge upside and White I wouldn't be too sad.
                        Either way, with 2 first rounders, a second, and probably a 3rd comp... I don't think there's any doubting that we won't be winners on the first day
                        sigpic

Comment

Why is everyone so high on Vernon Davis???

Is it because he was on Cold Pizza today?

Is it because he ran a sub 4.4 in the 30?

Let me remind you, Shannon Sharpe was a 7th round pick....other than Shockley and Heath Miller, who has gone early in the draft as a TE..???

Comment

I'm going with you. I would like 2 impact players instead of one but its Davis and hes just a freak,but tight end is just one of many positions we need to fix.
                            Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by watchthemiddle
                              Why is everyone so high on Vernon Davis???

Is it because he was on Cold Pizza today?

Is it because he ran a sub 4.4 in the 30?

Let me remind you, Shannon Sharpe was a 7th round pick....other than Shockley and Heath Miller, who has gone early in the draft as a TE..???
                              Vernon is a hell of an athlete... I'm not tremendously high on him, but if we got him, I'd like the pick... But I'd hate the fact that we'd have to give up two firsts to move up for him
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X