2 picks; 3 choices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 picks; 3 choices.

so the two first rounders open up a myriad of choices for shanny and ted. but i have narrowed it down to three. obviously there are countless combinations of who we can pick, but i am curious as to what broncomania feels the best course of action is. so should we;

1. stand pat. say enough is enough with trading these first rounders and get us two solid players at 15 and 22.

2. move up. the draft value chart says we have enough value to move up to around #4. should we package the two picks, move up to #4-7 and get either mario, vd, ngata or huff (makes absolutely no sense to move up and take a qb, so dont bother).

3. trade down. take the 15 (or 22, but 15 obviously has more value) and move back into the 20's. still have two first rounders this season, both in the 20's but also get a 1st rounder in next years draft plus a pick or two. obviously this assumes that there is a dance partner willing to move up to 15 and give up next years #1. but this isnt a legally binding poll, so that doesnt matter. assume mid 20's somewhere.

there are pros to all three options, imo. so let shanny know what YOU want him to do.
    stand pat
    72.50%
    move up
    27.50%
    move down
    0.00%
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

I say move up, packaging #15, with a player or two and our 4th.... I figure we can get to about 6-10 range with a little creativeness (remebering hat bell has been on the trading block for a couple of weeks now), and I think Dayne/Sapp could fill the RB role nicely.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

I think we should stay right where we are. Our two picks I beleive would give us the number 4 pick, so in case someone like Mario Williams falls to number 4, i think we should trade them for someone like him.
      R.I.P. Darrent Williams and Damien Nash

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
        so the two first rounders open up a myriad of choices for shanny and ted. but i have narrowed it down to three. obviously there are countless combinations of who we can pick, but i am curious as to what broncomania feels the best course of action is. so should we;

1. stand pat. say enough is enough with trading these first rounders and get us two solid players at 15 and 22.

2. move up. the draft value chart says we have enough value to move up to around #4. should we package the two picks, move up to #4-7 and get either mario, vd, ngata or huff (makes absolutely no sense to move up and take a qb, so dont bother).

3. trade down. take the 15 (or 22, but 15 obviously has more value) and move back into the 20's. still have two first rounders this season, both in the 20's but also get a 1st rounder in next years draft plus a pick or two. obviously this assumes that there is a dance partner willing to move up to 15 and give up next years #1. but this isnt a legally binding poll, so that doesnt matter. assume mid 20's somewhere.

there are pros to all three options, imo. so let shanny know what YOU want him to do.
        1. I like this option because we could improve multiple positions quite a bit and are in a better place to grab falling scraps from the top ten.

2. Guys up this high cost a lot of money and despite panning out pretty often, sometimes bust. I'd rather have two picks that had a decent chance of panning out. If we did move up, I'd rather move up to 8 or 9 with our second rounder. This way we'd still have two first rounders, but we'd be given a much better chance of getting a top prospect at that point. Either way, I'd probably rather stay pat and take my chances than to lose one of our picks. More shots at success seems to be the better strategy in my opinion.

3. I find this option to be funny because it really does show how Atlanta should have been able to get something better in the trade with us. Wouldn't it be funny to trade back to the late twenties and to get a second rounder this year to go along with a pick similar to what we already had.

With that scenario, we'd have what we had before in the first round before, but would also have two second rounders.

Two first rounders and two second rounders would be nice to have to build the team a bit in what is considered a deep draft.

In the end, I'd really like us to stay pat unless we can come out with a deal that is clearly better for us.
        My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
        . Post Your Artwork .
        . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

I mentioned this before, I am adamant about moving up into the top 10. Again, if there's any way we can get Super Mario, I think he would transform not only our defense (which is already really good as it is), but he'd also transform our team, I'd argue. But that would mean sneaking in to the top 3. I like the idea, but I can see why a lot of us here are against trading both our first rounders to get him.

If we get into the top 10 by trading a first and second rounder, we would be in prime position to draft a player that could make an instant impact and possibly be a franchise player for us in the future.

If we get in the top 10, we could nab guys like Ngata, Huff, and Davis. I'd be much happier with any of those signings than with a Chad Jackson or Lendale White. If D'Brickshaw Ferguson drops to us, I'd say we HAVE to get him and package a trade with one of our current OTs to get a veteran player at one of our weak positions.

At pick 15, we won't get any of these guys. I like Lendale, but I wouldn't draft him with pick 15. What a lot of us seem to not be getting is that we can remedy our RB and WR holes in free agency if we aggressively pursue guys like Nate Burleson and Najeh Davenport.

Somehow these guys are still available and if we just pushed for them, it would position us nicely for the draft.

Comment

If V. Davis is still there at pick number 9 I say we offer pick numer 15 and our second round pick to move up and grab him.

Pick # 9 = 1350

Pick # 15 + our second = 1342

Since these are guidelines it should be close enough and if not we can offer a late round pick like our sixth which is worth 15.8 points.

Comment

I say we trade the texans both of our picks for there first!

Comment

Originally posted by all DENVER
                I say we trade the texans both of our picks for there first!

With our two first round picks we do not have enough to get the # 1 pick.

Pick 15 = 1050

Pick 22 = 780

Total = 1830

This will get us as high as the # 4 pick which is worth 1800 pts.

1 = 3,000
                2 = 2,600
                3 = 2,200
                4 = 1,800
                Last edited by Shalom; 03-23-2006, 11:30 AM.

Comment

We Should Do It Then!

Originally posted by Shalom
                  With our two first round picks we do not have enough to get the # 1 pick.

Pick 15 = 1050

Pick 22 = 780

Total = 1830

This will get us as high as the # 4 pick.
                  We should try to get that atleast, it will cost more to sign TWO first rounders than just one.

Comment

There are only 2 players that may be available in picks 4-6 that I think would really help our team and therefore would be worth trading up for.

Vernon Davis
                    Mario Williams

If we couldnt get either of those 2 guys I would not move up.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede
                      There are only 2 players that may be available in picks 4-6 that I think would really help our team and therefore would be worth trading up for.

Vernon Davis
                      Mario Williams

Yea, i would luv to see Vernon in the BLUE AND ORANGE!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede

Vernon Davis
                        Mario Williams

I agree no other player is going to be worth moving up for.

Comment

Originally posted by CHUMP-to-CHAMP
                          I agree no other player is going to be worth moving up for.
                          Maybe for a good wide reciever, cuz we need one bad.

Comment

Davis in my opion would be better then getting a wr.

Comment

For the last two days I have been spouting off for a DE. When I came to grips with reality. There is a reason Mike brought in all the DL players from the browns. We won't drat a DE or DT at least not with the first two picks. I sure we will go with.

WR- Chad Jackson (but from what I have seen he should still have been there by the 22 pick

The other will either be a TE or RB

TE- Lenoard Pope (Should start on day one)
                              RB- White will be here at 15th pick but not 22nd
                              RB- Deangelo Should be there at 22nd

If we trade up we have to get Vernon Davis no questions asked.
                              The Hebrew Hammer's DVD Collection

Reggie Bush IR watch-( 5 mins into practice and he pulls up lame.)

What will happen when he gets hit by the men in practice.

communism has only killed 100 million people. Let's give it another chance.

Comment

Working...
                              X