Join the ABWRFRC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Join the ABWRFRC!

I would like to hereby announce the formation of the Anything But a Wide Receiver in the First Round Coalition (ABWRFRC) here on Broncomania. This is a grassroots campaign to allow people who think that using one or both of our first-rounders on a wide receiver is insane to band together and show strength in unity and resolve. Or something.

Signing up is easy. Simply tout your affiliation to the ABWRFRC in your signature, and everyone will know where you stand on the issue!

Together, we won't make a damned bit of difference, but in our own minds we can share a sense of comradarie and determination to not letting the Broncos compromise the future by wasting important first-round picks on wide receivers!

I am in.

I don't think either Holmes or Jackson have a high enough grade to waste a 15th overall pick on.

And how much playing time are they going to get their first season?

How much of an actual impact will they make?

I don't think very much..

If you want a guy who's going to come in and make an impact right away.

Trade both picks and find some way to get Vernon Davis!
    sigpic

Comment

I dont like it but i still think its going to happen unless we trade up.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede
        I dont like it but i still think its going to happen unless we trade up.
        Yeah.

Unless we trade up, I got a feeling we'll draft one of the two.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder
          Yeah.

Unless we trade up, I got a feeling we'll draft one of the two.
          Im with you I want Vernon Davis. I saw this kid in college at Maryland, he is a beast.

Comment

Finally a thread with some common sense.
            sigpic
            PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
            You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by vicious2500
              Finally a thread with some common sense.
              YES finally jeez. LEts draft reggie bush.

Comment

i'm in but i am a retard and dont know how to put stuff i my sig.....do i have a sig?
                So far:
                FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
                  I would like to hereby announce the formation of the Anything But a Wide Receiver in the First Round Coalition (ABWRFRC) here on Broncomania. This is a grassroots campaign to allow people who think that using one or both of our first-rounders on a wide receiver is insane to band together and show strength in unity and resolve. Or something.

Signing up is easy. Simply tout your affiliation to the ABWRFRC in your signature, and everyone will know where you stand on the issue!

Together, we won't make a damned bit of difference, but in our own minds we can share a sense of comradarie and determination to not letting the Broncos compromise the future by wasting important first-round picks on wide receivers!

I'm down like a clown ...
                  The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                  While he sits by his hearth at home.
                  Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                  That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

I am undecided right now on this issue.

The reason being is Chad Jackson. Overall, there is not a CLEAR star WR in this draft worthy of the top half of the 1st round IMO.

But, I believe Chad Jackson has the ability to be a "special" playmaking #1 receiver in the NFL. However, he is no lock and has bust potential as well.

It's a roll of the dice IMO on Jackson. He clearly to me has the "skillset" to be the #1 type of WR this team is looking for, not just a compimentary #2 guy.

But, there is definite risk involved.

If we select Jackson, I will not be upset, and I'll look forward to seeing if he can fulfill his vast potential, but I'll be nervous while watching and waiting.

Comment

do we get official jackets or anything ?
                      "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

I'm all for a 1st round WR

Originally posted by Perry1977

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is coming from the same guy who advocated using a 1st round pick on LenDale White? Why would you want to pick a RB, epecially a power back, in a system that has proven to be productive whoever is running the ball?

I think I might have to form an interest group that is in direct opposition of this group. I wouldn't advocate any WR other than Jackson or Holmes, but I think either of them would make a fine 1st round pick... It wouldn't be a waste at all.

Comment

I would join you guys this campaign but...

1) ...we need a wide receiver
                          2) ...it's not an anti-tight end group, which I would join in a heartbeat.
                          A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
                            I would join you guys this campaign but...

1) ...we need a wide receiver
                            2) ...it's not an anti-tight end group, which I would join in a heartbeat.

you think we need a reciever more than a tight end?

or are you saying hold out to the second round for a te? if so, okay, but i think we should be looking DT in the second round.
                            "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
                              you think we need a reciever more than a tight end?

or are you saying hold out to the second round for a te? if so, okay, but i think we should be looking DT in the second round.
                              No, I'm saying hold out until the second day for a TE. We did great with Alexander starting last year; I now consider easily one of the top run blocking tight ends. Apparently, we have Duke working to replace Putzier's role as a pass catcher.

I don't know how many times I have to repeat this, but TE is a position that can be had in the later rounds without any significant dropoff in production as rookies. Most of the great TEs were late round draft picks. Putzier was a seventh rounder, and he ended up starting in 2004. So why throw away a first round pick on a position that can be so easily reloaded? It makes zero sense to me.

And for your first question, yes. The draft is about the future. Our future at tight end will be fine as always because we will always be able to find someone to put in there. Our future at wide receiver is, to put it plainly, screwed.
                              A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Working...
                              X