'06 FA a bust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '06 FA a bust?

Is it just me, or is anyone else disappointed by the lack of action this offseason? I mean, I realize that we're set at A LOT of positions, but when FA kicked off, I heard rumors of Jamal Lewis, Terrell Owens, AND John Abraham! As of yet, NOTHING substantial. I'm glad about keeping all of those that we kept, but I'm just a little disappointed about the lack of an attempt to get that player to put us over the top-we won't get that in the draft. Anyone else?

AND:
    what was the point of letting Pryce, Anderson, and Putzier go if not to make room for addition(s)?

Comment

Yes I am also but we also couldn't pay thoughs guys what they wanted thats why we kinda just dropped out of the races. The only thing that I am holding on to is that some how we move up agin in the draft and get Davis no he could be on impact player right away.

Comment

IMHO, FA is not over yet. Also we have moved up in the draft and this could lead to picking up an establised player or getting a target of Shanny. (LeDale White, Chad Jackson, etc)

The main thing is what have teams in our division done? KC very little, SD-lost Brees and I am not sold on Rivers and Oakland added Brooks but still has many holes to fill.

Only a few teams have been active. Wash, Clev, Miami, New Orl and Dallas. So about 60-70% of the teams have been doing as much as Denver, or even less by losing a lot of players (see New England)

Also it is only March 24th. There are still 4 months to training camp and the draft has not even happened yet!

Denver will be okay I believe.
        NHL Blog at:NHL Blog by Medford Bronco!

Comment

Dissapointing maybe, but certainly not a bust. Good article by Ted Sundquist explains their view. I would bet that we end up trading for either Moulds or Walker.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3633589

Comment

OH man! walker would be sweet. i never even thought of that!

Comment

Originally posted by smith2727
              AND:
              what was the point of letting Pryce, Anderson, and Putzier go if not to make room for addition(s)?
              To make sure we got under the cap and weren't overpaying for average production. It's not like releasing those players got us $20 million under the cap.
              "This is a terrible thread and I've negged the OP." -CoryWinget81
              "If the ACL is torn ... Von will in fact miss next year as well." -PFM2013

Comment

Wow, what an interesting and refreshing topic...
                Go Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7
                  Wow, what an interesting and refreshing topic...
                  interesting enough for you to read and feel compelled to post...

Comment

Originally posted by dbjeff
                    To make sure we got under the cap and weren't overpaying for average production. It's not like releasing those players got us $20 million under the cap.

mike was worth 3 million trevor 10.8 or close to and ptzier was gonna cost us around 2 thats pretty darn close
                    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                    While he sits by his hearth at home.
                    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                    That he knows nothing at all.

Comment

Denver is waiting to see what they can get in the draft, I hear a lot of talks about bringing in Moulds, but I would rather have Holmes or Jackson.

I think that whatever Denver doesn't get in the draft, they will fill via free agency.
                      sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Medford Bronco
                        IMHO, FA is not over yet. Also we have moved up in the draft and this could lead to picking up an establised player or getting a target of Shanny. (LeDale White, Chad Jackson, etc)

The main thing is what have teams in our division done? KC very little, SD-lost Brees and I am not sold on Rivers and Oakland added Brooks but still has many holes to fill.

Only a few teams have been active. Wash, Clev, Miami, New Orl and Dallas. So about 60-70% of the teams have been doing as much as Denver, or even less by losing a lot of players (see New England)

Also it is only March 24th. There are still 4 months to training camp and the draft has not even happened yet!

Denver will be okay I believe.
                        I'd like to think so!

Certainly the team will be good again in 2006. But, so far it's difficult to see the current Broncos winning the SB in 2006 with the same team basically, that fell short in 2005 (in rather spectacular fashion in the title game no less).

I've certainly been disappointed that Sundquist seems to feel no pressing need to get some DL who can generate a pass-rush, since that was the glaring shortfall that keep the team from winning a SB.

Or was he NOT watching Ben Roethlisberger standing there under the Broncos all out blitz and calmly surveying the field, saying "one one-thousand, two one-thousand, three one-thousand, ok, now throw." And hitting the WR every damn time on 3rd and 11!

Did I miss something? Did you guys not see that too? Do you think that Kenard Lang's 2 sacks (2005) are going to do the job? Or perhaps a rookie draft pick?
                        sigpic

Comment

Is it just me, or is anyone else disappointed by the lack of action this offseason? I mean, I realize that we're set at A LOT of positions, but when FA kicked off, I heard rumors of Jamal Lewis, Terrell Owens, AND John Abraham! As of yet, NOTHING substantial. I'm glad about keeping all of those that we kept, but I'm just a little disappointed about the lack of an attempt to get that player to put us over the top-we won't get that in the draft. Anyone else?

Why?

I don't recall New England going out and making huge free agent pickups year after year to keep winning their superbowls.

Pittsburgh lost more in free agency last year then they acquired, and it seemed to work out alright for them.

Why do you not want Denver to win the SuperBowl?

Comment

listen,

all those players u named wanted big money, and they all got what they wanted. They all new Denver wasnt gonna pay them what they wanted thats why they never came to visit(well T.O did, but he's desperate). The coaches and FO know what there doing. This is a very successful organization, i have no problems with the moves they made.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

Originally posted by DURANGO BRONCO
                              Dissapointing maybe, but certainly not a bust. Good article by Ted Sundquist explains their view. I would bet that we end up trading for either Moulds or Walker.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_3633589
                              I have to admit I was one of those who was screaming why aren't we out signing the impact player, and I also understood the fact that our #1 priority was to re-sign as many of our players as possible. This article however really needs to be read by everyone in this room, because I now feel that we are ok with out them and that we should be able to pick up that WR, DE, or possibly White with our first 2 picks and they should make an impact on our team not just for the next couple seasons as Lewis, and TO would have but for a whole career given that they don't bust a CP and look for a trade but even that turned out great!!!

I think we are ok and June 1 is just around the corner!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X