Why we need a premier RB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why we need a premier RB

I know everyone feels like we can get a 1,000 yd rusher from anywhere in the draft but we have to stop depending on that. We were one game from the superbowl. We need to get that final punch to win the big game, and stop saying " Dayne or Tatum can get us a 1,000 yds." They should be getting us 20 touchdowns and 2,000 yards. Mike knows our running game should be better than it is. This is not the time to be gambling on a sixth round gym. We have the team to win right now.
    CCZUU LUV

we

already have a premier rb. And shanny is gonna let him run wild next year. He's gonna prove to all the doubters that he can duplicate his performance from his college days and show why he won the heisman. Yea u may say he hasnt done enough to prove himself, but obvisouly he has done something to be the leading canidate for the starting job, its all on him now. All he needed was to be in a system that fits his style of running, and u know what? He's in a system that made him the all-time leading rusher in the NCAA and still holds the record till this day.

So all this talk about us needing an elite,superstar, 2000yds a year, running back is just upserd. Were good with who have and possibly drafting a rb in the 2nd or later rounds for more competition and depth will be just fine.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

Originally posted by DAYNETRAYNE
      already have a premier rb. And shanny is gonna let him run wild next year. He's gonna prove to all the doubters that he can duplicate his performance from his college days and show why he won the heisman. Yea u may say he hasnt done enough to prove himself, but obvisouly he has done something to be the leading canidate for the starting job, its all on him now. All he needed was to be in a system that fits his style of running, and u know what? He's in a system that made him the all-time leading rusher in the NCAA and still holds the record till this day.

So all this talk about us needing an elite,superstar, 2000yds a year, running back is just upserd. Were good with who have and possibly drafting a rb in the 2nd or later rounds for more competition and depth will be just fine.

Dude, we understand you love Dayne. Your username and sig speak volumes. The problem is, until Dayne puts his money where your mouth is, most of us are going to be a little leery about handing him the "greatest RB ever award". Up to now, Dayne is still the same guy he was in NY. It may change.

Oh, and BTW, just because Dayne ran behind a zone blocking scheme in college doesn't mean he's automatically gonna be great behind ours. To be frank, a trained Chimp can learn to run in a zone blocking scheme so that is pretty much an immaterial argument. Neither TD nor CP ran behind a zone blocking scheme in college but flourished behind ours. I would love to see Dayne succeed in Denver (especially because we're paying him starting money now), but you'll have to forgive the majority of us in our "cautious optimism" about him.

Comment

DT you still seem to think that Dayne has already won a starting position, the reality is he hasn't. Shanahan is going to give him a chance to prove himself in camp that is all he promised him. Nothing more nothing less.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

hey i got to admit i was on the dayne train when he signed here. I think he will do great things for us in our system, maybe not TD worthy, but still good. I love t-bell but am declining on his status as a starter, just dont see it. All this talk about cobbs though has me intrigued. i know knothing about him but the general concensus im getting is hes a haas. Between his potentail and dayne who will be a good abck for us im excited.
          So far:
          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

oh and a dash of bell, accidentally left that off
            So far:
            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by phatbronco
              I know everyone feels like we can get a 1,000 yd rusher from anywhere in the draft but we have to stop depending on that. We were one game from the superbowl. We need to get that final punch to win the big game, and stop saying " Dayne or Tatum can get us a 1,000 yds." They should be getting us 20 touchdowns and 2,000 yards. Mike knows our running game should be better than it is. This is not the time to be gambling on a sixth round gym. We have the team to win right now.
              Denver ranked second in the league in rushing last year. And no I will not stop saying that Dayne and Bell CAN AND WILL GET THE JOB DONE. We have OTHER NEEDS to address first. Rod's isn't getting any younger and Lelie isn't getting any better. Whos on our D-line again? Whats the name of our starting tight end?

"The Dayne agreement"

Comment

No we do not!

We have much more glaring needs than a superstar RB.

Our TE position is something to worry about right now. We still need a dynamic pass rusher, and depth in the safety position.

I really hope we snag the FS from Tennessee.... He was projected as a top 10 pick before his hip injury, which is very rare for a FS to be projected.

Comment

Shanahan has not made any decision to platoon Dayne and Bell nor has he picked one to be the main horse. Last I heard was that Dayne will get an opportunity in camp to win the position but nothing more has been promised.
                  John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

yea,

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
                    Dude, we understand you love Dayne. Your username and sig speak volumes. The problem is, until Dayne puts his money where your mouth is, most of us are going to be a little leery about handing him the "greatest RB ever award". Up to now, Dayne is still the same guy he was in NY. It may change.

Oh, and BTW, just because Dayne ran behind a zone blocking scheme in college doesn't mean he's automatically gonna be great behind ours. To be frank, a trained Chimp can learn to run in a zone blocking scheme so that is pretty much an immaterial argument. Neither TD nor CP ran behind a zone blocking scheme in college but flourished behind ours. I would love to see Dayne succeed in Denver (especially because we're paying him starting money now), but you'll have to forgive the majority of us in our "cautious optimism" about him.

mabye ur right. But i have to disagree with u saying he's the same guy he was in Ny. Far from it. This team will hve him in heisman form if he's not already. U say a chimp can run this offense, that explains why we can stick anybody back there and they'll get over 1000. Td and Cp didnt run a zone-blocking scheme in college, perhaps if they did they would have been higher picks in the draft, b/c they both ran far more better in the pros than NCAA. So if just imagine what Dayne is gonna do next year. I can take all the "cautious optimism" about Dayne, but i've followed this guy his whole career and he's has tons of talent still left in him, and he's yet to showcase it. u guys have just been teased by it, so i can understand all the critisizm. It's all good though.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

Originally posted by RoorRipper
                      We have much more glaring needs than a superstar RB.

Our TE position is something to worry about right now. We still need a dynamic pass rusher, and depth in the safety position.

I really hope we snag the FS from Tennessee.... He was projected as a top 10 pick before his hip injury, which is very rare for a FS to be projected.

I totally agree with you
                      Glen Haven Fire

Comment

well,

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                        DT you still seem to think that Dayne has already won a starting position, the reality is he hasn't. Shanahan is going to give him a chance to prove himself in camp that is all he promised him. Nothing more nothing less.
                        it may seem that i think that, But as much as i see praise on here about Tatum this Tatum that, i'm still not sold on this guy, especially to be the next CP or TD. Me talking about Dayne this and Dayne that doesnt compare even a little bit of the praise Tatum gets around here.

I know Dayne isnt the starter at this point, but out of the 2yrs Bell has been here looks like the coaches have run out of patience and pretty much know where Tatum stands in this offense.

The real competiton in camp is who will be the backup or change of pace back to the starter.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

Originally posted by phatbronco

Terrell Davis was arguably the best Denver RB ever, the best in the NFL during his time.

He was a 6th round pick.

What makes you think we can draft any RB in the first round and get production like TD?

There's a reason why you have people that look for talent in the NFL as a career, and other people like us posters who don't understand what in the he!! is going on.

Get over the RB situation people.

Comment

well,

Originally posted by TXBRONC
                            Shanahan has not made any decision to platoon Dayne and Bell nor has he picked one to be the main horse. Last I heard was that Dayne will get an opportunity in camp to win the position but nothing more has been promised.

it also said he's the leading canidate for the starting role. That pretty much says its his job to lose.

big ups to snk16.

Comment

it also said he's the leading canidate for the starting role. That pretty much says its his job to lose.

TBell is also a candidate for the starting job and it's also his job to lose too.

Whichever one of those 2 RB's that lose the job will remain to be seen.

Comment

Working...
                              X