Moulds's Molding into Moldy Mold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moulds's Molding into Moldy Mold

Broncos like Moulds and he likes them, too (03/23/06)

By FRANK SCHWAB THE GAZETTE

The Denver Broncos are one of eight teams to show interest in receiver Eric Moulds, a former Pro Bowl player given permission by the Buffalo Bills to seek a trade.

Moulds, who has been upset with the Bills and wants to find a winning situation, has the Broncos on his radar.

"We've spoken about it and there's a lot of interest on both sides," said Greg Johnson, Moulds' personal adviser.

Johnson said eight teams have contacted him since the Bills gave Moulds permission to seek a trade. Moulds has spent all 10 of his NFL seasons with Buffalo and has four 1,000-yard seasons and 48 career touchdowns. He will turn 33 in July but had 27 catches and 305 yards in his final three games last season. Moulds has been to the Pro Bowl three times.

Johnson said working out a trade will be difficult. Moulds' new team would have to agree on draft pick compensation with Buffalo and would probably want to work out the parameters of a new contract before trading for him.

"Too many things have to be perfect," Johnson said.

Moulds has a $6.09 million base salary this season and a $7.25 million base salary in 2007, the last year of his contract. Moulds has resisted a pay cut and Johnson said he wants to be released. Johnson said Denver has piqued Moulds' interest because he wants to play for a winning team.

"They are on Eric's wish list," Johnson said. "Why wouldn't they be? He wants to win more than anything."

The Bills want to keep Moulds but not with his current contract.

"We still hope we can get something worked out," Bills general manager Marv Levy said in an interview this week, which was on the team's Web site. "It may take time but we hope we can do something. I'd like to retain him."
    Hrmpphhhhhhhhhh...

Whatever, just promise you'll make a play for CJ or DJ next year, k Shanny?

Wow... If we got Eric Moulds...

We would be SICK-WIT-IT.

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
      Hrmpphhhhhhhhhh...

Whatever, just promise you'll make a play for CJ or DJ next year, k Shanny?
      Who is CJ and DJ?
      sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
        Who is CJ and DJ?
        Calvin Johnson (WR, GA Tech) and Dwayne Jarrett (WR, USC).

Comment

Ya no doubt, Jarrett is a beast.

What about Jeff smardzja? (butchered) lol
          sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
            Ya no doubt, Jarrett is a beast.

What about Jeff smardzja? (butchered) lol
            Mehh, I dunno. I've only seen a few games of his, but he looked good in those.

Comment

Calvin Johnson is an absolute stud. I like how he wears the #21 at receiver.

Shall be an extremely deep WR class next year... Im surprised more juniors aren't leaving early.

Comment

DJ is sick.
                Sports303: The world of sports, straight from the 303.
                http://www.sports303.com/
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoorRipper
                  Calvin Johnson is an absolute stud. I like how he wears the #21 at receiver.

Shall be an extremely deep WR class next year... Im surprised more juniors aren't leaving early.
                  Yeah, hopefully we can trade into the top 5 next year, heh.

I'm all for bringing Moulds in though!
                  sigpic

Comment

Denver, make a trade for Eric Moulds!

You have a dam #15 pick in the first round to trade with, use it!

#15 overall pick for Eric Moulds!! Do it!!

signed - your average Denver Bronco poster......

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                      Denver, make a trade for Eric Moulds!

You have a dam #15 pick in the first round to trade with, use it!

#15 overall pick for Eric Moulds!! Do it!!

signed - your average Denver Bronco poster......

What !! I hope we dont trade our 15th pick for him I wouldn't mind having him though but not for a pick that high hehe

Comment

Originally posted by ManoRodriquez
                        What !! I hope we dont trade our 15th pick for him I wouldn't mind having him though but not for a pick that high hehe

Why not?

We need to do something in free agency. Something. Anything. What the he!! is Denver waiting for? We haven't signed anybody yet. It's all about who you signed in free agency. Look at Arizona! Look at Washington! Those are 2 organizations that are doing something in free agency!

signed - your average Denver Bronco poster

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
                          Why not?

We need to do something in free agency. Something. Anything. What the he!! is Denver waiting for? We haven't signed anybody yet. It's all about who you signed in free agency. Look at Arizona! Look at Washington! Those are 2 organizations that are doing something in free agency!

signed - your average Denver Bronco poster
                          Arizona signs free agents and still sucks.

Washington did this under Turner, and was in salary cap hell under Marty and Spurrier.

The Bills are going to end up releasing him because he won't play for them anymore. When that happens, hopefully, he'll at least visit Denver.

I'd rather draft for that middiling d-line than trade a pick for a vet.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                          You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                            Arizona signs free agents and still sucks.

Washington did this under Turner, and was in salary cap hell under Marty and Spurrier.

The Bills are going to end up releasing him because he won't play for them anymore. When that happens, hopefully, he'll at least visit Denver.

I'd rather draft for that middiling d-line than trade a pick for a vet.
                            Your catching on quickly.

Comment

I am all for a quick fix through trades to shore up WR position this year. Next year will be loaded with QUALITY Receivers. Jarrett, Johnson, and Samardzia are rated higher in my opinion than the 06 group.

Comment

Working...
                              X