Moulds's Molding into Moldy Mold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
    PLease. Your biased homerism is forcing you to reach.

If Quinn has another great year next year he will be.

A QB has been taken tops in the draft for how many years now?

He is already the best reprted QB in college going into next year. Or are you going to say that's Rhet Bomar too?
    Dude, what is your problem? How am I a homer of Oklahoma? If you are looking at my avatar, that is Arkansas.

A.P. was a freshman heisman candidate, had a worse sophomore season, and is probably going to have an excellent season this year. No, I don't think Rhet Bomar will be any good, and i'd appreciate it if you didn't make such ridiculous comments just try and objectively talk football.

With that being said it doesn't matter what has happened in previous drafts. Reggie Bush is going #1 this year, why not another HB next year? You didn't even provide an answer to my first question, why not Adrian Peterson.

Comment

I have said it in several other threads and I'll say it again....GET MOULDS DENVER, he is perfect for the Broncos system. Then a great TE in the draft ( Vernon, pls pl spls psll psl spl spl spls psl!!!) and a defensive player. Then bring on the 2006 season!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EddieMac
        I have said it in several other threads and I'll say it again....GET MOULDS DENVER, he is perfect for the Broncos system. Then a great TE in the draft ( Vernon, pls pl spls psll psl spl spl spls psl!!!) and a defensive player. Then bring on the 2006 season!!!
        I agree with you, but how will we be able to get Vernon and a good defensive player unless we get lucky in the second round? Because we can only get Vernon if we trade up with both our firsts. The other TE can't be classified as great but they are good.
        "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
          Thanks for the article, E.

My big question is whether or not we can outbid other teams for his services. We would need a cap-friendly contract early on that other teams might not be concerned with. I know it's been reported that he wants to play for a winner but that doesn't mean it's that much higher of a priority than getting paid with a lot of it coming up front.

If we can work it out, fantastic. But I won't hold my breath.
          I am sure he knows we he wont get the big contract with us ... But he openly said he wanted to play for Denver, to me that says he doesn't care for the money and wants a team that WINS ...

Edit: I think it's stupid to move up for Davis ... even though he a great TE but we can Two for One in the first round imo ....

Comment

LenDale White also says that he wants to play for us, but that doesn't mean that it's definitely going to happen. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have LenDale, but with Shanahan's history I am not seeing us getting him.

Moulds may be different though because he wants to win, so he may take a pay cut for us.

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

Meh... Im not a fan of 1 year rentals. No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Emancipator
                Moulds seeking options

By Keith Jasper

Date: Mar 23, 2006

After rejecting two contract restructure proposals from the Buffalo Bills, Eric Moulds has started to pursue options for leaving the Bills. The top teams with interest in Moulds are the Denver Broncos leading in interest, followed by the Kansas City Chiefs, New York Jets, Philiadelphia Eagles, and New England Patriots.

Towards the end of the 2004 regular season, reports were coming out that Moulds would be possibly be traded or cut before the 2005 season. During that time the Denver Broncos reportedly started showing great interest in Moulds. The Bills decided to keep Moulds and didn’t restructure his contract.
                During the 2005 regular season, Moulds questioned play calling during a Week 13 against the Miami Dolphins and was suspended the next week against the New England Patriots. He rebounded nicely in Week 15 against the Denver Broncos with 9 catches for 110 yards, including a big 27 yard catch, in his last home game with the Bills.

Stay with BillsReport.com for more developments.
                Intresting, very intresting... Thanks for the info mane
                sigpic

Comment

I think that getting moulds will help us more than you think. He can help Rod teach Watts and Terrell and Devoe. I think that moulds will bring in new ideas from his experiences in Buffalo and he will help our young WR. Rod is doing so much trying to help the young WR he can use some help with that. And new point of view may turn Lelie into a better player as well. Moulds is a ten year vet that has a lot of useful knowledge. You know that Lee Evans didn't become great by himself. Moulds brought that guy around fast, Evans is the same kind of player as Lelie. So moulds would help a lot

Comment

Why not?

We need to do something in free agency. Something. Anything. What the he!! is Denver waiting for? We haven't signed anybody yet. It's all about who you signed in free agency. Look at Arizona! Look at Washington! Those are 2 organizations that are doing something in free agency!

signed - your average Denver Bronco poster

Yeah, and there's this year's NFCC matchup, I bet.

sigpic
                    They're your teammates, now.
                    Best of luck, TT!
                    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

From this link, I think Denver has plans for David Terrell ... dunno but looks promising LOL

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=5425

Comment

Originally posted by ManoRodriquez
                        From this link, I think Denver has plans for David Terrell ... dunno but looks promising LOL

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.ph...4&storyID=5425

Yup, pointed that out in another thread. It would be great if he were to pan out over the course of another year or two. We'd have our WR solution right under our belt already.
                        sigpic
                        They're your teammates, now.
                        Best of luck, TT!
                        ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by sbutk
                          Yup, pointed that out in another thread. It would be great if he were to pan out over the course of another year or two. We'd have our WR solution right under our belt already.
                          That's true, we might already have our solution at wide receiver. But I don't believe the Broncos can count on that. And that's why trading for Moulds or using a first rounder is appealing to many of us.

My preference would be to acquire Moulds. I'm not sure that any of the top receivers in this year's draft qualify as the "sure thing" that would be worthy of first round picks. (And I know others on here disagree with that assessment. Just stating my opinion.)

Either way, I still think it needs to be addressed. If we acquired Moulds and then Terrell came on, we'd at least have quality depth for a while.
                          "You can't take the sky from me..."
                          ------
                          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Why not?

We need to do something in free agency. Something. Anything. What the he!! is Denver waiting for? We haven't signed anybody yet. It's all about who you signed in free agency. Look at Arizona! Look at Washington! Those are 2 organizations that are doing something in free agency!

signed - your average Denver Bronco poster

come on man, you know better than this!! get it together! a bronco fan who sounds jealous of freakin' ARIZONA?!!

now don't get me wrong, i'm all for getting moulds if we can do it-- i've said so since i first started posting here-- but let's not hit the panick botton, we still have two 1st rounders. . . good teams generally arern't as active in free agency because they don't have as many holes to fill-- we clearly also weren't ready for the spending spree, and didn't have a lot of cap room left after re-signing our own FAs. . .

i'm not thrilled either that we haven't gotten any help yet-- but PLEASE don't base any claims about what we need to do on the shameful arizona cardinals!! NOT the team you want to emulate!

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum
                              Meh... Im not a fan of 1 year rentals. No thanks.

well, first off he could easily be a "three year rental," we've all seen that older WRs can still be effective in the new "5 yard chuck rule era". . . . and if we get him, he gives us a WR that can contribute NOW, probably a lot more so than say, chad jackson or santonio holmes. . . people who dis older WR need to look at the production of guys like joey galloway, jimmy smith, terry glenn, not to mention our very own ageless wonder. . . .

this team is poised for a run, we need a 3rd option at WR who can help immediately-- doesn't mean we can't also look for a long-term solution, but if we can afford moulds, he would help us make a run this year, while we still have guys like rod and nalen. . . plummer isn't getting any younger or much better either-- realistically, unless we can bring in a young vet in his prime ala brees this year, we may be looking at a little rebuilding 2-3-4 years from now-- we're in position to win now, we need to take advantage of it, and some experienced depth at WR is all to the good. . .
                              Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Trade For Molds:

Broncos Trade 22nd Overall Pick, 5th Round Pick and a Future 2nd Round Pick in 2007 Draft to Buffalo for Eric Moulds, 2006 2nd Round Pick(42), and two 3rd Rd Picks(70 and 73)

Draft

1st Rd - Lendale White - RB, USC
                                2nd(A) - Marcedes Lewis - TE, UCLA
                                2nd(B) - Darryl Tapp - DE, Virginia Tech
                                3rd(A) - Jesse Mahelona - DT, Tennessee
                                3rd(B) - Devin Hester - DB/KR - Miami
                                3rd Comp Pick - Brandon Marshall - WR, UCF
                                4th(A) - Babatunde Oshinowo - DT, Stanford
                                4th(B) - Lawrence Vickers - FB, Colorado
                                6th - Jeremey Bloom - WR/KR, Colorado

Broncos add to the overall talent of the team. They slide out of the first round saving money and add quality depth. Pick twice in each of the 3 early mid rounds. Trading to the top of the 2nd ensures them a shot at an solid prospect at tightend and a pass rushing end at the bottom of the 2nd.
                                A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

Working...
                                X