Moulds's Molding into Moldy Mold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoorRipper
    Dude, what is your problem? How am I a homer of Oklahoma? If you are looking at my avatar, that is Arkansas.
    oops.. my bad.

A.P. was a freshman heisman candidate, had a worse sophomore season, and is probably going to have an excellent season this year. No, I don't think Rhet Bomar will be any good, and i'd appreciate it if you didn't make such ridiculous comments just try and objectively talk football.

With that being said it doesn't matter what has happened in previous drafts. Reggie Bush is going #1 this year, why not another HB next year? You didn't even provide an answer to my first question, why not Adrian Peterson.
    This is completely irrelevant to my statement towards you. I was commenting on your "Quin won't even be a top 3 pick" next year.

Considering that a QB has gone #1 overall in the last 5 years, and will be a top 3 pick this year, Quin will go into the college season next year as the #1 QB easily. There isn't any other college QB's that are even close to him in terms of talent and production. Throw in the fact that he's with an offensive guru that helped develop the NFL's best QB in the game today and it's virtually a slam dunk.

You didn't even provide an answer to my first question, why not Adrian Peterson.
    Yeah, he'll be a top prospect, but probably not #1. Bush is a player like none other. MOstly because of his route running ability and hands, which make him a matchup nightmare for teams. You can give him 20-30 touches a game. He doesn't even need alot of carries to be an impact player.

Adrian Peterson is a great RB, but he's not Reggie Bush. Peterson is a prototypical RB in the standard position mold. Reggie Bush is not. When was the last time you saw a prototypical running back being the #1 prospect? You don't. Especially lately. Why? Because it's the one of the easiest positions to make the transition too, and as long as people keep pulling out great RB's in the later rounds, you won't see alot of weight at the RB position.

Shaun Alexander is one of the best backs in the NFL, and when Seattle was looking for shoppers for him they couldn't get anymore then a second round pick. That's it.

That is why Brady Quin, if he has another strong year, will be the top prospect in the draft next year.
    Last edited by silkamilkamonic; 03-25-2006, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by silkamilkamonic
      oops.. my bad.
      This is completely irrelevant to my statement towards you. I was commenting on your "Quin won't even be a top 3 pick" next year.
      Considering that a QB has gone #1 overall in the last 5 years, and will be a top 3 pick this year, Quin will go into the college season next year as the #1 QB easily. There isn't any other college QB's that are even close to him in terms of talent and production. Throw in the fact that he's with an offensive guru that helped develop the NFL's best QB in the game today and it's virtually a slam dunk.
      Why do I have to answer a question about Adrian Peterson? Yeah, he's a great back, how is that even relevant? We were talking about Brady Quin, his offense at ND, him being the best QB going into college next year, and being a top pick in next years draft.
      You were the one that brought up Adrian Peterson for whatever reason......
      Good points. I brought him up because it is my opinion he will be the #1 overall pick in the draft next year.

Quinn is another product of Charlie Weis. I think he brings out the best of his Qb's. Im trying to think of a better collegiate QB than Quinn but I can't so you are correct about him being the #1 QB in the draft.

With that said. It really doesn't matter who has the first pick, would you as an owner draft Quinn over Peterson? This is an extremely relevant question to this topic, which is the #1 pick next year.

Comment

?

Originally posted by WABronco
        Hrmpphhhhhhhhhh...

Whatever, just promise you'll make a play for CJ or DJ next year, k Shanny?
        I still hope Moulds winds up a Bronco

Comment

Originally posted by MilitantDBFan
          Trade For Molds:

Broncos Trade 22nd Overall Pick, 5th Round Pick and a Future 2nd Round Pick in 2007 Draft to Buffalo for Eric Moulds, 2006 2nd Round Pick(42), and two 3rd Rd Picks(70 and 73)

Draft

1st Rd - Lendale White - RB, USC
          2nd(A) - Marcedes Lewis - TE, UCLA
          2nd(B) - Darryl Tapp - DE, Virginia Tech
          3rd(A) - Jesse Mahelona - DT, Tennessee
          3rd(B) - Devin Hester - DB/KR - Miami
          3rd Comp Pick - Brandon Marshall - WR, UCF
          4th(A) - Babatunde Oshinowo - DT, Stanford
          4th(B) - Lawrence Vickers - FB, Colorado
          6th - Jeremey Bloom - WR/KR, Colorado

Broncos add to the overall talent of the team. They slide out of the first round saving money and add quality depth. Pick twice in each of the 3 early mid rounds. Trading to the top of the 2nd ensures them a shot at an solid prospect at tightend and a pass rushing end at the bottom of the 2nd.
          nope, don't like it. Denver could really use that 1st round talent and offording them won't be a problem when the salary cap goes up to 109 mill next year.

Comment

With that said. It really doesn't matter who has the first pick, would you as an owner draft Quinn over Peterson? This is an extremely relevant question to this topic, which is the #1 pick next year.

It's all based on need.

If I was a GM, I would seriously consider Quin, and having a heart to heart with Wies.

He has made Brady Quin to Tom Brady comparison's in the past, and if I can get a QB in the mold of Tom Brady, I'm there.

But it is all based on position and need though.

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
              well, first off he could easily be a "three year rental," we've all seen that older WRs can still be effective in the new "5 yard chuck rule era". . . . and if we get him, he gives us a WR that can contribute NOW, probably a lot more so than say, chad jackson or santonio holmes. . . people who dis older WR need to look at the production of guys like joey galloway, jimmy smith, terry glenn, not to mention our very own ageless wonder. . . .

this team is poised for a run, we need a 3rd option at WR who can help immediately-- doesn't mean we can't also look for a long-term solution, but if we can afford moulds, he would help us make a run this year, while we still have guys like rod and nalen. . . plummer isn't getting any younger or much better either-- realistically, unless we can bring in a young vet in his prime ala brees this year, we may be looking at a little rebuilding 2-3-4 years from now-- we're in position to win now, we need to take advantage of it, and some experienced depth at WR is all to the good. . .
              True. If he comes cheaply (as far as the trade and cap) Id support him. We still need youth at WR though.

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum
                True. If he comes cheaply (as far as the trade and cap) Id support him. We still need youth at WR though.

i agree that we need youth at WR-- i'm just not sold on spending a 1st this year to get it. i'm not convinced that holmes or jackson can live up to the #15 pick, but i think we'll have to spend it if we want one of them. . . i honestly see better value with a lower round WR like hass, jason avant, bouknight, david anderson etc. . . none of them will ever be an explosive #1, but i honestly think if we re-sign lelie our top priority should be finding a reliable possesion receiver who can do what rod does now after he retires, and that's move the chains and be consistent. . .

i'm also interested to see if dinger can make anything out of what we already have on the roster, though i'm not overly optimistic there. . .

but given the learning curve for WRs and the window we have right now, i'd rather see us spend out 1st rounders on a DE or DT, possibly a star RB-- someone who can contribute now and is just as good a prospect down the road as holmes or jackson. . .

that's why i'm interested in moulds, or any decent WR that's cut in june-- a vet can come in and help us now, and allow us to spend our top draft picks on other needs where this draft is stronger. . . and wait 'til next year to go after our future #1 WR. . .

in any case, i suspect that moulds will be out of our price range, but i'll hold out at least a little hope until he officialy ends up somewhere else. . .
                Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by Momentum
                  We have Youth at WR ... I haven't seen any cuts ther either, the way it looks Shan believe we have potential at the position ... but I do understand they didnt put out the numbers we all hoped for. that said, I'm sure Shan will draft a WR in the later rounds imo ... might even bring in a vet WR like Moulds ... he will address the needs wher he cut players like RB, DE/DT, and TE ... Also, we can look after the draft for signings too ... I'm sure u will see a lot of ppl cut after draft and training camp that Denver can sign ... We have the potential at WideOut and with another yr they might start producing ... Rod just didn't come out of College and start putting up Hall-of-Fame Numbers did he ? No it took him time to adjust to the speed of the NFL

Just my two cents and opinion

Comment

Where does Mould's fit in for us at this point? I wouldnt mind getting either a star, or an avg player for depth, but I feel like Moulds will cost alot and be in no man's land. Are we going to bump Rod from starting....No. Should we bump Lelie....I dont hink so, I think we need a deep threat to stretch the field, not sure if Moulds still has that type of speed. So can we pay Moulds the money he wants to be a #3, tough call. He woudl be a fantastic #3, and if he got paid like a #3 I would love to have him. But it looks like a few teams are interested in him, which means his price wont be cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by ydave77
                      Where does Mould's fit in for us at this point? I wouldnt mind getting either a star, or an avg player for depth, but I feel like Moulds will cost alot and be in no man's land. Are we going to bump Rod from starting....No. Should we bump Lelie....I dont hink so, I think we need a deep threat to stretch the field, not sure if Moulds still has that type of speed. So can we pay Moulds the money he wants to be a #3, tough call. He woudl be a fantastic #3, and if he got paid like a #3 I would love to have him. But it looks like a few teams are interested in him, which means his price wont be cheap.

not a bad point-- but honestly, there's no reason the roles would have to be that rigidly defined, considering how many different packages and formations a pro team runs. . . he could easily share the #2 duties with lelie, depending on formation, play call and down-and-distance. . . i would expect either moulds or rod to work out of the slot in 3 WR sets. . .

but unfortunately i agree with you that he won't be cheap, although i think if we can afford it he would be worth it-- especially (said with fingers crossed) if one of our top two guys were to get hurt. . .
                      Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by ydave77
                        Wow... Lelie is the deep threat that stretches the field and he's the best in the league at it by once again leading the league in YPC (2 yrs and running). He was also covered by teams best cover corner not Rod Smith this year. So to say Lelie doesn't stretch the field is beyond me.

What we need is another possesion WR not another Deep Threat, if we wanted another deep threat we would've kept Trandios Luke last year instead of Nate Jackson and company. With the lost of Putizer we lost Plummers safety value outside of Rod Smith. So in essence we need a new TE and a possesion WR (preterably at lest 6'2).
                        sigpic
                        PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                        You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by vicious2500
                          Wow... Lelie is the deep threat that stretches the field and he's the best in the league at it by once again leading the league in YPC (2 yrs and running). He was also covered by teams best cover corner not Rod Smith this year. So to say Lelie doesn't stretch the field is beyond me.

What we need is another possesion WR not another Deep Threat, if we wanted another deep threat we would've kept Trandios Luke last year instead of Nate Jackson and company. With the lost of Putizer we lost Plummers safety value outside of Rod Smith. So in essence we need a new TE and a possesion WR (preterably at lest 6'2).

Haha its English buddy, learn it. Kidding. But in all seriousness thats my point, if you read it again, Lelie IS a great deep threat, so we woudnt want to take him off the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicious2500

Spot on observations.

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                              not a bad point-- but honestly, there's no reason the roles would have to be that rigidly defined, considering how many different packages and formations a pro team runs. . . he could easily share the #2 duties with lelie, depending on formation, play call and down-and-distance. . . i would expect either moulds or rod to work out of the slot in 3 WR sets. . .

but unfortunately i agree with you that he won't be cheap, although i think if we can afford it he would be worth it-- especially (said with fingers crossed) if one of our top two guys were to get hurt. . .
                              Thats true, we could also throw in some 3 WR sets obvoiusly, and Moulds I think woudl be in on most 3rd down and 8 or shorter type packages over Lelie. So in that respect Moulds would help. But yh the problem is he is going to get paid too much for that kinda role, where he would be a 2(B) option. Hopefully David Terell can step into that kind of role for us. Not sure, but hey its probably a better chance than Duke being a savior that many of us are hoping for this yr.

Comment

I want Moulds

If the Broncos get Moulds that would be great. He would be a great second option for Jake and possibly 1st. But i would rather havve Rod at 1st. He is a playermaker that is not like TO even though he has some problems. The only thing wrong with him is he is getting a little old

B-Marsh owning Al Harris(Aka: the supposed most physical corner in the league)

Mock Draft:

**If Ellis/Dorsey fall**

1) Dorsey or Ellis(whoever falls)
                                2) Devin Thomas
                                4) Frank Okam
                                4) Beau Bell

**If Ellis/Dorsey dont fall**

1) Desean Jackson
                                2) Pat Sims or Trevor Laws(whoever falls)
                                4) Frank Okam
                                4) Beau Bell

Comment

Working...
                                X