Who do you want at #15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncobuss
    If you ment DE, fine. I have no problem with the Idea of getting a DE, that is a position that needs to be upgraded no doubt. And like I said before, if you think V. Young is a francise QB, then it is far from rediculous to try to get him. In the draft it has been proven out that you dont ever want to draft based on need, but on the best player regardless. And I dont think anyone after mario is worth a 1st round pick, let alone the 15th. thats my point. you may think that one of the other DE is worth that and thats fine. but if they are not worth that high of a pick, then you are wasting it. so why not take a chance on vince? If they dont get him (which is most likely) thats fine to, because Jake is a very good QB also. Our defensive line will also be alright if we dont get a 1st round DE. We have a very good team right now, espesially on defense. and there are plenty of d-linemen in the later rounds that, in my opinion are just as good as the ones in the 1st round

He is no more franchise QB than is vick.

Comment

Originally posted by Jrhampton

and you are no more a fortune teller than mel kiper. . .
      Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

I think he is better than vick, and vick is still very very good. Young can throw and throw well, and is 5" taller, and I think he is probably better at reading defenses right now than vick is.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede
          I want Bunkley or Ngata the way Chester Mcglockton craves ice cream, ribs, cake, mashed potatoes and gravy, fried chicken, baked ham, corn bread and chili dogs.
          LMAO! Did you see that Bang cartoon of him and Warren Sapp jumping up to try and grab a box of twinkies attached to the goal posts. "Man, those are my twinkies."

"No, man, those are MY twinkies, you get your own!"

And behind them is a warning sign in yellow "Please do not feed the Players!"

It always makes me laugh when the Raiders spend a ton of money for over the hill players and they just carve a path to buffet table rather than to the opposing QB!
          Last edited by Cugel; 03-27-2006, 03:32 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

I think he is better than vick, and vick is still very very good. Young can throw and throw well, and is 5" taller, and I think he is probably better at reading defenses right now than vick is.

agreed on all points-- and the dirty little secret is that vick also has a pretty darn good record as a starter, no matter how he gets it done. . . the media can say what they like, but we've all seen what that same team is like without vick, and it ain't pretty at all. . . he's already been to a conference championship game, and has plenty of room for improvement still. . . he's never going to be a pocket passer, but that's not the only way to win games-- results count for more than style! right now i certainly don't consider him one of the better QBs in the league, but he does find ways to get it done. . .

Comment

If you ment DE, fine. I have no problem with the Idea of getting a DE, that is a position that needs to be upgraded no doubt. And like I said before, if you think V. Young is a francise QB, then it is far from rediculous to try to get him. In the draft it has been proven out that you dont ever want to draft based on need, but on the best player regardless. And I dont think anyone after mario is worth a 1st round pick, let alone the 15th. thats my point. you may think that one of the other DE is worth that and thats fine. but if they are not worth that high of a pick, then you are wasting it. so why not take a chance on vince? If they dont get him (which is most likely) thats fine to, because Jake is a very good QB also. Our defensive line will also be alright if we dont get a 1st round DE. We have a very good team right now, espesially on defense. and there are plenty of d-linemen in the later rounds that, in my opinion are just as good as the ones in the 1st round
              To tell you the truth I dont even think we need to address the Dl until the later rounds, looks like we are actually on the same page. Ive actually got my draft lookin like this Lendale White, Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes at the 22 and with the second maybe a DL. I see your point about the unpredictability of the NFL draft especially when you have a guy like Shananagans at the reins but I sure hope my predictions are correct about the draft. If we dont take a wr in the first id like to get the kid from ND maurice stovall with the second. the guy is 6'5'' and pretty quick.

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                and you are no more a fortune teller than mel kiper. . .

Your correct just a long time Bronco fan that has seen it all.

Comment

Your correct just a long time Bronco fan that has seen it all.

Comment

Drafting a QB #1 for a 13-3 team that was 1 win away from the SB? How does that make sense?

I don't care if he's the second coming of John Elway (he isn't)! No QB is going to help this veteran team get over the top in 2006 and THAT's what I and every rational Bronco fan wants! After whiffing 0-4 in FA, (T.O., John Abraham, Andre Carter, and a couple of other FAs who all thumbed their noses at Shanahan) the Broncos need to concentrate in the draft on getting some immediate impact players who will help put them over the top immediately, not next year, not two years from now when Rod Smith and John Lynch will probably be retired!

SB!

THIS YEAR, not 2009!
                    sigpic

Comment

• 2006 Draft

I personally hope we use our #15 on Chad Jackson. I saw him at the combine and that kid is a beast. Huge frame, lightning fast and great hands. It's no wonder many scouts have him rated as the #1 WR in the draft now.

With our #22 I'd like to add a dominat DE. Someone who can get to the QB consistantly. We ranked near the bottom in the NFL last year when it came to QB sacks and having a good D-Line that can pressure the QB is key because that means we won't have to blitz as often. On the other hand, if DeAngelo Williams is available when we pick, I think we have to seriously consider taking him. He reminds me of a young LaDanian Tomlinson and imagine what kind of force he'll be in a couple of years.

With the rest of our pick, it would be safe to just get younger at some positions including S and OL. I wouldn't mind seeing Brody Croyle in a Broncos uniform either as our QB of the future.

It should be an interesting draft and hopefully we bring in some dynamic players.

Comment

• Originally posted by HawaiianStyle11
                        I personally hope we use our #15 on Chad Jackson. I saw him at the combine and that kid is a beast. Huge frame, lightning fast and great hands. It's no wonder many scouts have him rated as the #1 WR in the draft now.

With our #22 I'd like to add a dominat DE. Someone who can get to the QB consistantly. We ranked near the bottom in the NFL last year when it came to QB sacks and having a good D-Line that can pressure the QB is key because that means we won't have to blitz as often. On the other hand, if DeAngelo Williams is available when we pick, I think we have to seriously consider taking him. He reminds me of a young LaDanian Tomlinson and imagine what kind of force he'll be in a couple of years.

With the rest of our pick, it would be safe to just get younger at some positions including S and OL. I wouldn't mind seeing Brody Croyle in a Broncos uniform either as our QB of the future.

It should be an interesting draft and hopefully we bring in some dynamic players.

welcome to the board!!

Comment

• Thank you. Feels good to be surrounded by fellow Bronco die-hards...

Comment

Working...
                          X