Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our 3rd round compensatory pick... Wow I want HESTER!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF6S0...devin%20hester

FREAKIN' AMAZING!!!

We need this guy back returning kicks!
    Hell Yeah, did you see how he made those Duke boys miss...ah, wait it was Duke. oh well, good return anyway.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."sigpic

Comment

Yes, because he did it
      Umm...

I have been googling that claim and have found nothing to support it.

He ran a 4.41 40 at the combine and was disappointed. Then, he ran a 4.27 second 40 at his pro days. One other Hurricane who was on the track team ran a 4.24 second 40.

Still, the 4.27 second 40 time is pretty damn good. Especially when you consider that at 5-11, he's not short.
      Last edited by Archimedes Owl; 03-26-2006, 08:45 AM.
      My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
      . Post Your Artwork .
      . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
        say WHAT??!!

i'm assuming that i'm misunderstanding something here-- you aren't saying that the guy ran a 3.98 in the 40 yard dash, are you??!!

is that humanly possible??!!
        It's not. It's not correct. He ran in the 4.2s coming out of high school and then sped up to a 4.1 in college. 3.98 is a world record somewhere but not here. Hester is fast but not THAT fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl
          Umm...

I have been googling that claim and have found nothing to support it.

He ran a 4.41 40 at the combine and was disappointed. Then, he ran a 4.27 second 40 at his pro days. One other Hurricane who was on the track team ran a 4.24 second 40.

Still, the 4.27 second 40 time is pretty damn good. Especially when you consider that at 5-11, he's not short.
          I was talking about coming from high school to college... Not the combine
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by West
            It's not. It's not correct. He ran in the 4.2s coming out of high school and then sped up to a 4.1 in college. 3.98 is a world record somewhere but not here. Hester is fast but not THAT fast.
            Well, I certainly remember a couple years back, hearing that he was the fastest guy on any football level, and he ran a 3.98 - 3.99
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
              Too bad it wasn't against a decent team.......

.....to give it some credibility.
              I saw him do that against a few teams, not just duke. He torched Louisville in their only loss in 2004. I have seen quite a few sportscenter highlights of him.

Comment

Well, I certainly remember a couple years back, hearing that he was the fastest guy on any football level, and he ran a 3.98 - 3.99
                Hmm...

I would have expected to find that type of information easily.

I mean, if he did that, I would expect to be able to google his name and see it referenced numerous times, but I can't find a single reference.

It's your claim. If you want us to believe you, provide a link. Support your claim.
                My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
                . Post Your Artwork .
                . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Hester would function fine as a kick returner, not necessarily as a punt returner.

He struggled against good teams and needs lots of space to function and utilize his speed, which kickoff return provides.

BTW, the world's fastest 40 time ever was 4.38 by Ben Johnson, in his steroid-induced, record 100 meter dash.

Today's accepted standard of recording and publicising 40 times is way off.
                  Originally posted by boltzpride619
                  What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                  True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Must have imagined this, that time isn't true.

Comment

I ran a 4.01 coming out of high school...

Four minutes...one second.

Comment

No We Don't

FREAKIN' AMAZING!!!

Hester sucks.

BTW, I am a Miami Hurricane fan saying that.

This guy is the most over-rated Hurricane I can remember coming into the NFL.

For every 'highlight' filem you caqn produce, I casn point to a game like the FSU game where he got benched from returning kicks because he dropped so many.

Hester has the physical skills, but has ZERO and I mean ZERO insticts that the great kick returners have.

If we want a kick returner/WR to replaqce Darrent Williams, I would still take LSU's Skyler Green or Colorado's Jeremy Bloom over Hester.

Comment

No We Don't

FREAKIN' AMAZING!!!

Hester sucks.

BTW, I am a Miami Hurricane fan saying that.

This guy is the most over-rated Hurricane I can remember coming into the NFL.

For every 'highlight' film you can produce, I can point to a game like the FSU game last season where he got benched from returning kicks because he dropped and mis-read so many kicks.

Hester has the physical skills, but has ZERO (and I mean ZERO) insticts that the great kick returners have.

If we want a kick returner/WR to replace Darrent Williams, I would still take LSU's Skyler Green or Colorado's Jeremy Bloom over Hester.

Comment

Originally posted by West
                            Must have imagined this, that time isn't true.
                            I guess so... I'm trying to look something up and can't find it... My bad
                            sigpic

Comment

I guess so... I'm trying to look something up and can't find it... My bad
                              It's all good. American Football 40 times are over-rated anyways!
                              Originally posted by boltzpride619
                              What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                              True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Screw Hester. Screw "THE U". I want Jeremy Bloom.

Comment

Working...
                                X