Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our 3rd round compensatory pick... Wow I want HESTER!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    Stop being such a hard ass... The guy ran a 3.98 coming out of high school... Scouts say that if a guy chasing him down runs a 4.2, he'll speed up to a 4.1 just to outrun him... Say what you want, but this guy is amazing...
    That is humanly impossible. The fastest time ever run by a human was Ben Johnson. He ran a 4.38 after 40 yards. Here's a link for some of you folks regarding NFL 40 times.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...1s18forty.html

Comment

Wait, didn't Michael Vick run a 4.25 40 time?

sigpic

Sig made by me. Click top sig to view my Graphics Portfolio.

There are three things you can expect in life:

1. Death
      2. Taxes
      3. The Ball Being Picked Off by Champ Bailey

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer
        That is humanly impossible. The fastest time ever run by a human was Ben Johnson. He ran a 4.38 after 40 yards
        Your an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by stargazer
          That is humanly impossible. The fastest time ever run by a human was Ben Johnson. He ran a 4.38 after 40 yards. Here's a link for some of you folks regarding NFL 40 times.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...1s18forty.html
          In that same articel:

There is no official world record for 40 yards.

sigpic

1. Death
          2. Taxes

Comment

?????

Originally posted by West
            Your an idiot.
            What's with the name calling/insults, you know better than that.

Comment

There was a WR on the 85 bears that ran a 4.0 40 time. So it is possible to run that fast. I can't remember his name right now, but he's a track athlete who is still running now and he is about 47.

He was not very effective though, the guy would always trip and stumble. He was not a good all around player. So I have my doubts about this guy.

Willie Gault is his name. He ran a 4.03 40 before his combine. He had to bulk up a bit and ened up getting a little slowwer, but his official 40 speed before his NFL carrer is 4.03.
              Last edited by WhatWould#7Do; 03-26-2006, 06:02 PM.
              "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF6S0...devin%20hester

FREAKIN' AMAZING!!!

We need this guy back returning kicks!

That was a nice run, but it was against Duke.
                John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by WhatWould#7Do
                  There was a WR on the 85 bears that ran a 4.0 40 time. So it is possible to run that fast. I can't remember his name right now, but he's a track athlete who is still running now and he is about 47.

He was not very effective though, the guy would always trip and stumble. He was not a good all around player. So I have my doubts about this guy.

Willie Gault is his name. He ran a 4.03 40 before his combine. He had to bulk up a bit and ened up getting a little slowwer, but his official 40 speed before his NFL carrer is 4.03.
                  THere was a receiver for the Cowboys about 3 years ago who ran a 4.0 flat. The name escapes me as of now, but anyone who watched that documentary on them (I think it was on HBO) will have seen it.
                  Go Huskers.

Comment

Originally posted by SM19
                    No, there's no official record, but as the article says, it's possible to break down Johnson's run and see how fast he ran the first 40 yards. Stargazer is 100% correct; NFL 40-yard times are badly out of whack. Did Michael Vick really run a 4.25? Did Willie Gault really run a 4.03? I'm sure those are their official recorded times, but it seems obvious to me that they weren't actually that fast.
                    Vick really did run a 4.25, well it was definetly sub 4.3.

However, the times are very distorted, because don't forget, they don't have pads when they run these. So when they play in the game, they're all a bit slower because of the pads.

sigpic

1. Death
                    2. Taxes

Comment

If anyone wants to know, Champ was allegedly timed at 4.19. He's a bit slower now for some reason but...

Like Sanders, Bailey switched teams after his fifth NFL season, at the height of his abilities. Bailey says he no longer runs like he did as a rookie, when he allegedly timed a 4.19 in the 40-yard dash. But he's still rabbit fast.
                      http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...28/ai_n6158364

sigpic

1. Death
                      2. Taxes

Comment

Originally posted by Nick7
                        THere was a receiver for the Cowboys about 3 years ago who ran a 4.0 flat. The name escapes me as of now, but anyone who watched that documentary on them (I think it was on HBO) will have seen it.
                        It was Randall Williams, who last I checked, saw time as a TE for the Raiders.
                        Originally posted by boltzpride619
                        What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                        True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Originally posted by Snk16
                          If anyone wants to know, Champ was allegedly timed at 4.19. He's a bit slower now for some reason but...

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...28/ai_n6158364
                          I remember watching him in college, my God he was uncatchable.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X