Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our 3rd round compensatory pick... Wow I want HESTER!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Originally posted by Snk16
    If anyone wants to know, Champ was allegedly timed at 4.19. He's a bit slower now for some reason but...

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...28/ai_n6158364
    I remember watching him in college, my God he was uncatchable.

Leave a comment:

• RunByDesign
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick7
    THere was a receiver for the Cowboys about 3 years ago who ran a 4.0 flat. The name escapes me as of now, but anyone who watched that documentary on them (I think it was on HBO) will have seen it.
    It was Randall Williams, who last I checked, saw time as a TE for the Raiders.

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    If anyone wants to know, Champ was allegedly timed at 4.19. He's a bit slower now for some reason but...

Like Sanders, Bailey switched teams after his fifth NFL season, at the height of his abilities. Bailey says he no longer runs like he did as a rookie, when he allegedly timed a 4.19 in the 40-yard dash. But he's still rabbit fast.
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...28/ai_n6158364

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    Originally posted by SM19
    No, there's no official record, but as the article says, it's possible to break down Johnson's run and see how fast he ran the first 40 yards. Stargazer is 100% correct; NFL 40-yard times are badly out of whack. Did Michael Vick really run a 4.25? Did Willie Gault really run a 4.03? I'm sure those are their official recorded times, but it seems obvious to me that they weren't actually that fast.
    Vick really did run a 4.25, well it was definetly sub 4.3.

However, the times are very distorted, because don't forget, they don't have pads when they run these. So when they play in the game, they're all a bit slower because of the pads.

Leave a comment:

• Nick7
    replied
    Originally posted by WhatWould#7Do
    There was a WR on the 85 bears that ran a 4.0 40 time. So it is possible to run that fast. I can't remember his name right now, but he's a track athlete who is still running now and he is about 47.

He was not very effective though, the guy would always trip and stumble. He was not a good all around player. So I have my doubts about this guy.

Willie Gault is his name. He ran a 4.03 40 before his combine. He had to bulk up a bit and ened up getting a little slowwer, but his official 40 speed before his NFL carrer is 4.03.
    THere was a receiver for the Cowboys about 3 years ago who ran a 4.0 flat. The name escapes me as of now, but anyone who watched that documentary on them (I think it was on HBO) will have seen it.

Leave a comment:

• TXBRONC
    replied
    Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF6S0...devin%20hester

FREAKIN' AMAZING!!!

We need this guy back returning kicks!

That was a nice run, but it was against Duke.

Leave a comment:

• WhatWould#7Do
    replied
    There was a WR on the 85 bears that ran a 4.0 40 time. So it is possible to run that fast. I can't remember his name right now, but he's a track athlete who is still running now and he is about 47.

He was not very effective though, the guy would always trip and stumble. He was not a good all around player. So I have my doubts about this guy.

Willie Gault is his name. He ran a 4.03 40 before his combine. He had to bulk up a bit and ened up getting a little slowwer, but his official 40 speed before his NFL carrer is 4.03.
    Last edited by WhatWould#7Do; 03-26-2006, 06:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 2 Minute Warning
    replied
    ?????

Originally posted by West
    Your an idiot.
    What's with the name calling/insults, you know better than that.

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    Originally posted by stargazer
    That is humanly impossible. The fastest time ever run by a human was Ben Johnson. He ran a 4.38 after 40 yards. Here's a link for some of you folks regarding NFL 40 times.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...1s18forty.html
    In that same articel:

There is no official world record for 40 yards.

Leave a comment:

• West
    replied
    Originally posted by stargazer
    That is humanly impossible. The fastest time ever run by a human was Ben Johnson. He ran a 4.38 after 40 yards
    Your an idiot.

Leave a comment:

• Snk16
    replied
    Wait, didn't Michael Vick run a 4.25 40 time?

Leave a comment:

• stargazer
    replied
    Stop being such a hard ass... The guy ran a 3.98 coming out of high school... Scouts say that if a guy chasing him down runs a 4.2, he'll speed up to a 4.1 just to outrun him... Say what you want, but this guy is amazing...
    That is humanly impossible. The fastest time ever run by a human was Ben Johnson. He ran a 4.38 after 40 yards. Here's a link for some of you folks regarding NFL 40 times.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniont...1s18forty.html

Leave a comment:

• SethGrandpa
    replied
    Screw Hester. Screw "THE U". I want Jeremy Bloom.

Leave a comment:

• RunByDesign
    replied
    I guess so... I'm trying to look something up and can't find it... My bad
    It's all good. American Football 40 times are over-rated anyways!

Leave a comment:

• ReleaseTheBeast7
    replied
    Originally posted by West
    Must have imagined this, that time isn't true.
    I guess so... I'm trying to look something up and can't find it... My bad

Leave a comment:

Working...
X