Would you be OK with this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you be OK with this?

Would you be satisfied if the Broncos packaged both of our first rounders for the 49ers 6th pick?

HOW ABOUT SOMEONE POSTS WHY?!?!?!
    Yes
    23.08%
    No
    27.69%
    I dont want us to trade both picks
    38.46%
    Trade up, but not for Vernon Davis
    10.77%
    Last edited by RoorRipper; 03-26-2006, 09:29 AM.

I voted that I didn't want to trade up. If we did, the only player worth trading up for is Mario Williams, period. The only way I would trade up would be to get Mario and it would have to be a guaranteed thing. As far as our needs go, he is the only top ten pick I think would be worth 2 first round picks. Davis would be great to have, but there is quality depth in this draft at TE and getting Davis would be more of a luxury than an absolute need.

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
      I voted that I didn't want to trade up. If we did, the only player worth trading up for is Mario Williams, period. The only way I would trade up would be to get Mario and it would have to be a guaranteed thing. As far as our needs go, he is the only top ten pick I think would be worth 2 first round picks. Davis would be great to have, but there is quality depth in this draft at TE and getting Davis would be more of a luxury than an absolute need.
      Good point sir! CP to you.

Super Mario is going top 3 and I think there's no possible way to get him. Of course I would have 2 Super Mario sigs but he's just too far out of reach. The Saints should draft Ferguson but I think they will take Mario.

Comment

VERY WELL SAID, Mario or d'brick would be the only two i would want. Te can be had later, like mercedes lewis, klopfstien (spelling) etc. I thinkthe final piece to the puzzle is what most say,, a speed rushing sack artist. Mario is the man.. But i say we keep the picks get someone and kiwi, and a te in round 2 or 3 and off to the bowl we go.
        So far:
        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

Originally posted by underrated29
          VERY WELL SAID, Mario or d'brick would be the only two i would want. Te can be had later, like mercedes lewis, klopfstien (spelling) etc. I thinkthe final piece to the puzzle is what most say,, a speed rushing sack artist. Mario is the man.. But i say we keep the picks get someone and kiwi, and a te in round 2 or 3 and off to the bowl we go.
          The thing is...

Vernon Davis is WAY better than any other TE. He is lightyears ahead of the #2 TE. He was blocking Shaun Merriman for 3 years in practice. He is probably the fastest TE and is definitely bigger than most coming in. Dude is a "freak".

I want to hear why we DONT need Vernon.

Comment

I'd be alright with it. This guy has tons of potential.
            Originally posted by boltzpride619
            What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
            True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Vernon would be an AWESOME pickup, but I would rather get two good players that we really need and can contribute to a sb run than one great player in a position that is not as depleted as the others and does not require a first round touch up.
              We can get a quality TE in Leonard pope or Mercedes Lewis in the late 1st or maybe in the 2nd.
              "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

If we drafted Leonard Pope I would be 100% satisfied. 100%.

Comment

A resounding HELL YES from my corner of the ring.

Vernon would give us another Red Zone receiving threat, other than Rod. Something we've needed since Sharpe left us. I would gladly make this deal.

Comment

If Davis is still around at pick 9, I would package #15 with our 2nd rd pick to move up. This is possible from the draft value charts I have seen. We would still have 2 first round picks to get our impact players.

Comment

Originally posted by DURANGO BRONCO
                      If Davis is still around at pick 9, I would package #15 with our 2nd rd pick to move up. This is possible from the draft value charts I have seen. We would still have 2 first round picks to get our impact players.
                      We can't gamble that much. The 49ers have been pretty vocal about getting Alex Smith a weapon, and Vernon Davis is the best offensive weapon that isn't a QB in this draft (besides Bush, of course).

Comment

Originally posted by rooRipper
                        We can't gamble that much. The 49ers have been pretty vocal about getting Alex Smith a weapon, and Vernon Davis is the best offensive weapon that isn't a QB in this draft (besides Bush, of course).
                        I should have clarified. As much as I like Davis, I would not want to give up both first round picks for him or any other player. Having two first round picks is a rare opportunity to build for the future.

Comment

I should have clarified. As much as I like Davis, I would not want to give up both first round picks for him or any other player. Having two first round picks is a rare opportunity to build for the future.
                          I see your point, but here's mine.

Vernon Davis is a rare opportunity to build for the future. He led every single WR or TE in YAC in the NCAA. That is special.

Comment

No doubt that he is a special player. I am hopeful that SF will draft defense, after losing Julian Peterson, and that Davis will fall to 9 or 10.

I guess I can hear my mother saying not to put all of your eggs in one basket.

Comment

No doubt that he is a special player. I am hopeful that SF will draft defense, after losing Julian Peterson, and that Davis will fall to 9 or 10.

I guess I can hear my mother saying not to put all of your eggs in one basket.
                              Another good point. At what point do they address the loss of J.P.? AJ Hawk will be taken by the Packers... I cannot wait for this draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X