Realistic Broncos Mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realistic Broncos Mock

These picks are not part of my final mock. This is just my prediction of Shanahans draft.

Now before I do this, I must say that Im putting my Shanny hat on. I'll try to draft from his eyes and tendencies over the years. Some of these picks, I may not agreee with personally. Some may anger you. But remember, this is with my Shanny hat on.

Round 1

(15) Winston Justice, OT USC.

Why? It seems that Shanahan traded up with someone in mind that wouldnt last the 7 picks from 15-22. That man is supposedly Chad Jackson but I dont see it happening. Shanahan has a tendency to stop drafting a position high after he gets burned. (See: Lelie, Watts). This is a very talented tackle draft and after the AFC Championship replacing Foster wouldnt be a bad idea. After all Cornell Green a journeyman, already takes a lot of snaps away from Foster. Foster could move inside and would make a better guard. Dont be surprised if the Mastermind uses this pick on Justice or McNeil.

(22) Marcedes Lewis, TE UCLA.

Why?! I can hear the groans. Its clear this team needs another pass catcher. Not nessecarily reciever. Looking at the TE position you got a guy in NFLE right now trying to get up to speed, Alexander who is a great blocker, but drops the easy passes, a former WR that gets no PT, and a longsnapper. You know Marcedes will be the best pass catcher on the board at this point and an upgrade over what we curently have.

Round 2

(61) Brian Calhoun, RB Wisconsin.

But we have Dayne and Bell! I expect Bell to be dealt next summer if he keeps criticizing Shanahan about his role on the team. Shanahan just doesnt play that. Dayne is a good complimentary back but of course RB's go down all the time. Tatum is no stranger to his fair share of injuries. So wearing the Shanny hat, I select the back that carried the rock more than anyone in college football and never missed a down. Not to mention he can catch and maneuver the screen play, something Portis couldnt even do coming out.

Round 3

(TBA) Troy Bergeron, WR Gerogia Force (AFL)

Dont kill the messenger. Im wearing my Shanny hat, so you got to remember how Shanahan likes to reach in the 3rd round. To his credit, Bergeron is 5 inches taller than Jeremy Bloom (Bergeron's 6-2) and is actually in shape to contribute now if he panned out.

Originally posted by Momentum
    These picks are not part of my final mock. This is just my prediction of Shanahans draft.

Now before I do this, I must say that Im putting my Shanny hat on. I'll try to draft from his eyes and tendencies over the years. Some of these picks, I may not agreee with personally. Some may anger you. But remember, this is with my Shanny hat on.

Round 1

Why? It seems that Shanahan traded up with someone in mind that wouldnt last the 7 picks from 15-22. That man is supposedly Chad Jackson but I dont see it happening. Shanahan has a tendency to stop drafting a position high after he gets burned. (See: Lelie, Watts). This is a very talented tackle draft and after the AFC Championship replacing Foster wouldnt be a bad idea. After all Cornell Green a journeyman, already takes a lot of snaps away from Foster. Foster could move inside and would make a better guard. Dont be surprised if the Mastermind uses this pick on Justice or McNeil.

Why?! I can hear the groans. Its clear this team needs another pass catcher. Not nessecarily reciever. Looking at the TE position you got a guy in NFLE right now trying to get up to speed, Alexander who is a great blocker, but drops the easy passes, a former WR that gets no PT, and a longsnapper. You know Marcedes will be the best pass catcher on the board at this point and an upgrade over what we curently have.

Round 2

But we have Dayne and Bell! I expect Bell to be dealt next summer if he keeps criticizing Shanahan about his role on the team. Shanahan just doesnt play that. Dayne is a good complimentary back but of course RB's go down all the time. Tatum is no stranger to his fair share of injuries. So wearing the Shanny hat, I select the back that carried the rock more than anyone in college football and never missed a down. Not to mention he can catch and maneuver the screen play, something Portis couldnt even do coming out.

Round 3

Dont kill the messenger. Im wearing my Shanny hat, so you got to remember how Shanahan likes to reach in the 3rd round. To his credit, Bergeron is 5 inches taller than Jeremy Bloom (Bergeron's 6-2) and is actually in shape to contribute now if he panned out.
    nice job ... but I hope we dont draft an OT in the first round ... hehe

Comment

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

How does this help us improve on the defensive line?
      sigpic
      PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
      You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

When I first saw your choices, I thought you were an idiot. But when I read your reasoning it makes so much sense, good work.

I hate to say it, but I think he's right. I would like a good DE and maybe LenDale White just as much as anyone else, but with Shanny's history this makes more sense.
        "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

Nice job. I don't agree that we should pick those but I can see how you might arrive at those picks using your "Shanny hat".

So really don't think Shanny will opt for a running back in the first round?
          "You can't take the sky from me..."
          ------
          "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Nice read, at least its not a carbon copy of the other 8,000 mocks out there.

Personally I'd like a Deangelo Williams/ Manny Lawson combo in the first but what Shanahan wants and what anyone on this message board wants could very well be different things.
            You've got to know when to sack em...

Comment

its realistic, but doesnt really help us.

Comment

If we could get Bunkley the DT at 15 I woulld like it better then a OT. Like the TE pickup though.

Comment

Round 1

now if he panned out.

I won't discount that anything is a possible with Shanny, but that would be a nightmare 1st round IMO...

Justice would be a good pick-up, but with the pieces in place on the line currently (especially given Nalen and Lepsis resigning) it just wouldn't make sense given the other holes that need to be filled.

I think that you have Lewis rated way too high. I'd rather have Pope if you were gonna go the TE route with the 22 pick-- And remember, Shanny expects TE's to block, something that is not one of Lewis's strong suits.

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Momentum

Round 1

Round 2

Round 3

Those picks were terrible. I hated everyone. I would've pick Lenerod Pope at TE instead. And i would pick a different RB. I would'be pick Daryn Colledge in the second round but all of these picks are only if I would pick at those positions. My picks are

15. Chad Jackson
                    22 Lendale White
                    61. John McCargo, or Daryn Colledge, or Daniel Bullocks (which ever one is still there)
                    Round 3. haven't figure that out yet
                    President Cool

Comment

Originally posted by WhatWould#7Do
                      When I first saw your choices, I thought you were an idiot. But when I read your reasoning it makes so much sense, good work.
                      :
                      Not it doesn't.

We pick an OT in the 1st round when we're coming off resigning Lepsis and we have George Foster the most underrated OT in the NFL. BRILLIANT! I'm sure Merecedes Lewis is a 1st round pick with a 4.8-4.9 40 time and average catching ability. And it'd help if we HAD a 3rd round pick but we obviously don't.

You really can hear the groans after that horrible 'Realistic' Broncos Mock.

Comment

15-DeAngelo Williams-He is gonna be better than Bush MARK MY WORDS

22-The Best TE on the Board, wether it be Pope or whoever, prefferable Pope granting he's still there, which he probably will be
                        vvvv Palomar-Mnt. Southern California vvvv

sigpic

Comment

I like Justice, but not at 15. Calhoun at 62, would be a good pickup, IMO.
                          Originally posted by boltzpride619
                          What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                          True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Originally posted by West
                            Not it doesn't.

We pick an OT in the 1st round when we're coming off resigning Lepsis and we have George Foster the most underrated OT in the NFL. BRILLIANT! I'm sure Merecedes Lewis is a 1st round pick with a 4.8-4.9 40 time and average catching ability. And it'd help if we HAD a 3rd round pick but we obviously don't.

You really can hear the groans after that horrible 'Realistic' Broncos Mock.
                            We will have a 3rd round pick, might have 2 after the comp picks are released, that is what he was probably going off of. I dont see a 1st round pick of a lineman either, but who knows, anything can happen
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncobuss
                              We will have a 3rd round pick, might have 2 after the comp picks are released, that is what he was probably going off of. I dont see a 1st round pick of a lineman either, but who knows, anything can happen
                              We won't get two 3rd round picks for comps... MAYBE a 6th or 7th to go with a 3rd... That's a big maybe too
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X