PFT's Mock Draft 3/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PFT's Mock Draft 3/26

Here is the first mock offered up by the guys at profootballtalk.com this year.

You can go here to see all the picks... I've listed Denver's picks and in parentheses is the player's agent...

What would you guys think of 2 offensive players, and a TE in the 1st round?

15. Denver Broncos (from Atlanta): DeAngelo Williams, RB, Memphis (Jimmy Sexton).

Coach Kevlar needs more than Ron Dayne and Tatum Bell.

22. Denver Broncos (from Redskins): Leonard Pope, TE, Georgia (Todd France).

Oversized target will make Denver fans says, "Shannon who?"

Was this already posted or something? When I saw that they had us drafting a RB and a TE in the first round, I was a little skeptical-- So I figured this would be controversal around here... Come on people, where are all the dissenting opinions?

Comment

If Vernon Davis goes to Oakland... I will go off my nut!!!!

EDIT ~ If Ngata falls past 10, I say we do what it takes to snatch 'im up.
      Last edited by BroncoFanCam; 03-26-2006, 03:41 PM.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Originally posted by Buff_bronc_fan
        Was this already posted or something? When I saw that they had us drafting a RB and a TE in the first round, I was a little skeptical-- So I figured this would be controversal around here... Come on people, where are all the dissenting opinions?
        OK, OK, OK.......TE, yes......RB, no. There will be some good value RB's to be found in the 4th rd......and Denver needs some D-Line help. At least 1 DL needs to be taken in the 1st rd. "Shannon Who??" LOL.......that's a stretch, but Pope would be a nice pick......a huge target who could develop into a decent blocker.
        My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam

Yeah, that would be ugly...

I've also noticed that this draft has alot of offensive players making jumps into the 1st round, with some defensive players being noticeably absent... Kiwanuka, Wimbley, Lawson don't make the list.

Comment

Wow, LenDale going to the Browns....didn't see that one coming. Let's hope he's wrong!!!

Comment

Yeah, that would be ugly...

I've also noticed that this draft has alot of offensive players making jumps into the 1st round, with some defensive players being noticeably absent... Kiwanuka, Wimbley, Lawson don't make the list.
              The only consolation is Aaron Brooks @ QB - A joke at the best of times. But with Moss, & Davis, he's bound to get lucky now and then.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

whoever has us drafting a RB at 15 is an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam

EDIT ~ If Ngata falls past 10, I say we do what it takes to snatch 'im up.

BFC, hate ta say it man, but i hope yer prepared come draft day-- i've been predicting that al will take vernon, he's exactly the fast workout warrior that al likes. . . obviously nothing is certain, and you never know who might fall, they could take a QB, etc. . . but be prepared for the worst! sorry. . .
                  Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

That draft seems to be based on opinions not facts.

I doubt we get a RB at 15 and if Mario Williams dropped that far there's no way we don't trade up for him.

I've heard it said before and I'll say it again, the only person worth trading 2 first rnd picks is Mario.

No way GB passes on super mario, that's not possible. The bills wouldn't take Joseph over Huff. Huff will be a better CB than any othe DB in the draft.

The baltimore trade makes sense, but how will they do it?
                    It seems almost impossible, if it were possible why doesn't Denver do it to get Mario Williams.

This draft is based on illogical B.S.
                    "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

If Vernon Davis gets past the SF 49ers, he WILL be an Oakland Raider. The moment the Raiders signed Aaron Brooks(Immediately after Vince Young Workout) They stopped looking at QB. From what i heard, they came away unimpressed and turn their attention to Vernon Davis. Al Davis is enamored with speed. And putting together Randy Moss, J. Porter, Lamont Jordan and Vernon Davis is flat out scary.

Broncos will have to deal with

Antonio Gates and LT
                      Tony Gonzales and LJ
                      Vernon Davis, Randy Moss, Lamont Jordan

the broncos combat that with

Stephen Alexander and Ron Dayne

damn sounds like someone needs an upgrade in offensive talent. Im all for both picks being on offense.
                      A Wise Man Once Told Me Dont Argue With Fools Cuz People From a Distance Cant Tell Who is Who

Comment

Originally posted by The Dyna$ty
                        whoever has us drafting a RB at 15 is an idiot

why? I think spending the #15 on a WR is stupid; as no receiver in this draft except for maybe Santonio is worth a first-rounder. DeAngelo is right up there with Reggie Bush as the most talented back in the draft and could be the next Ladainian Tomlinson.

Comment

just read the whole thing-- i will love it if the chefs draft jimmy williams!

but they need to lay off the paint thinner, no way buffalo passes on ngata to draft a corner. . . and i can't see cleveland taking lendale either. . . and i definitely don't see 6 RBs going in the 1st round. . .

EDIT: i also predict that the steelers will take nick mangold at the end of the 1st round, and that he will be a great addition for them in a year or two. . .
                          Last edited by dogfish; 03-26-2006, 05:10 PM.
                          Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

What would you guys think of 2 offensive players, and a TE in the 1st round?

It would be a poor first day that does not fill the biggest need.

That would be my thought.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
                            You should check these guys out

Comment

It's funny that all the experts, with all of their mock drafts, always have us taking a RB in the first round.

Year after year, they come out with the same stuff.
                              Originally posted by boltzpride619
                              What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
                              True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Working...
                              X