PFT's Mock Draft 3/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
    Yep. I remember the year Steven Jackson came out. Everyone was so certain we would be drafting him...except the Bronco fans. We had no doubt a RB in the 1st round was not on the agenda, and its the same deal all over again. (Though we did take Tatum Bell in the relatively early 2nd).

DeAngelo Williams and Laurence Maroney are no better then Steven Jackson was. LenDale White may be, but I'm not sure he fits in our system. This draft is similar to the 2004 draft because there are several good RBs that will be available well into the 4th round, if we decide we need one. (We've already spent time with a few of them at the combine).

I do agree with the liklihood of drafting a TE in the 1st round, especially at 22 however.
    I think this year might be an exception. But, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you're right. It depends on who Shanaham thinks is the "best player available" and he's been all over the map on that over the last 5 years.

I have absolutely NO hope of predicting what he'll do. He's just as likely to pick a LB or something nobody expects!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
      I think this year might be an exception. But, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you're right. It depends on who Shanaham thinks is the "best player available" and he's been all over the map on that over the last 5 years.

I have absolutely NO hope of predicting what he'll do. He's just as likely to pick a LB or something nobody expects!

Marcus Vick anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan
        Yep. I remember the year Steven Jackson came out. Everyone was so certain we would be drafting him...except the Bronco fans. We had no doubt a RB in the 1st round was not on the agenda, and its the same deal all over again. (Though we did take Tatum Bell in the relatively early 2nd).

DeAngelo Williams and Laurence Maroney are no better then Steven Jackson was. LenDale White may be, but I'm not sure he fits in our system. This draft is similar to the 2004 draft because there are several good RBs that will be available well into the 4th round, if we decide we need one. (We've already spent time with a few of them at the combine).

I do agree with the liklihood of drafting a TE in the 1st round, especially at 22 however.
        Assuming we move no more, and guys like Ngata and Davis are off the board at 15, who is most likely to end up in Dove valley at that spot, IYO, MUG?
        Originally posted by boltzpride619
        What's so funny is seeing all this mess that the Donks and the fans have placed on themselves. Can you say Raiders.

Originally posted by RunByDesign
        True comedy is observing the Self Imploding Organization that is the Raiders and then asking yourself this question:

What separates them (Raiders) from us (Chargers)

Answer: Championships.

Comment

Working...
        X