X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Kirwan Article

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9339274

Example...

5. THE BRONCOS MENTION THEY WOULD LIKE TO JUMP FROM NO. 15 TO NO. 10 IF 'THEIR GUY' WAS STILL THERE.
    To move from 15 to 10, the Broncos have to show 250 points. Their second-round pick is worth 300 points, and an Arizona giveback of their fifth-round pick (40) is close enough to keep the deal alive for now. Arizona would end up with Nos. 15, 47, 61 and 79 on the first day.

Whoa, thanks for that man, interesting read.

I don't know if I'd trade up to get Cutler, and the 10th spot is not a guarantee to land him.

I'm leaning against drafting a QB or moving up for one in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildHorse
      Whoa, thanks for that man, interesting read.

I don't know if I'd trade up to get Cutler, and the 10th spot is not a guarantee to land him.

I'm leaning against drafting a QB or moving up for one in the first round.
      Well, of course those trades wait 'til draft day to see how things go down, as Kirwan said. I honestly wouldn't be against that scenario, especially if we come out with some nice comp. picks...

Comment

Moving up would give the FO a better chance at a more 'sure' player, but it doesn't guarantee it.

If their top 2-3 players weren't there, would Shanny pull another "daft" and pick what others might consider to be a stretch?

Or, would he go the best overall player?

Or would he trade back, and pick up more picks?

Right now, I see the latter being the most obvious, even if he stands pat at #15.
        "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate,
        tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of
        men."

-- Samuel Adams

sigpicJacks RULE!!!!!!

Comment

Why do i think that "their guy" is Vince Young?

Comment

Originally posted by ttejuco
            Why do i think that "their guy" is Vince Young?
            The same reason that Maurice Clarett was there guy in round 3 last year. Shanahan is a smart guy but he hasn't always made the best decisions on draft day (neither has Carl Peterson and the Chiefs).
            "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575
              The same reason that Maurice Clarett was there guy in round 3 last year. Shanahan is a smart guy but he hasn't always made the best decisions on draft day (neither has Carl Peterson and the Chiefs).

Name one coach or front office that ALWAYS makes wise choices.
              John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by kmartin575

An easy thing to say as an armchair draftnik with the benefit of hindsight. I still support the Clarett gamble. If it worked out, it would have been hands down the steal of the draft...and everything from the psychological tests to Bobby Turner (the best RB coach in the league, hands down) said that it was going to work. I would much rather have a team that takes a gamble once in a while than errs on the side of caution constantly.

Win some, lose some. We still made it to the AFC Championship.

Comment

I really hope "our guy" isn't Cutler. I don't want him. I don't know a lot about him, but isn't he more of a pocket passer? Right now, I'm hoping we don't trade up. The only top ten guy that's worth trading up for is Super Mario.

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
                    I really hope "our guy" isn't Cutler. I don't want him. I don't know a lot about him, but isn't he more of a pocket passer? Right now, I'm hoping we don't trade up. The only top ten guy that's worth trading up for is Super Mario.
                    And most mock drafts I've seen have Mario going to the Saints with the 2nd pick. Not a bad choice either for most teams but one wonders what happens with their DL Charles Grant and Will Smith.

Who knows? I could see the Jets taking him at #4 too to replace Abraham.

In no case does he fall past #5 (Green Bay).
                    sigpic

Comment

What I think is interesting is the saints have two very good DEs and are in desprate need of a LB like Hawk. But they will pass on a great LB for a player they don't need. I should expect this, louisiana is the same state that instead of upgrading their dykes they take the money allocatedn to them and spend two million dollar to make a statue of their mayor and then try and blame the federal goverment for their stupid mistakes.
                      The Hebrew Hammer's DVD Collection

Reggie Bush IR watch-( 5 mins into practice and he pulls up lame.)

What will happen when he gets hit by the men in practice.

communism has only killed 100 million people. Let's give it another chance.

Comment

I recently read a piece saying that they'd move Charles Grant inside to the under tackle position...

Comment

Working...
                        X