X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45% of denver post readers want a WR @ 15

There is an interesting poll at the denverpost site (2600 votes so far),

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos

I would've thought the same poll here would have significantly different results, I think DE would be highest (only 19% there). I don't think the same poll has been posted, and I'm interested to know what the consensus of opinion is here.
    WR
    10.53%
    RB
    33.33%
    QB
    0.00%
    DE
    36.84%
    Move up
    19.30%
    Last edited by eletero; 03-27-2006, 08:22 AM.
    In memory of Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Smiley by me
    My sigs

"It seems like every week you click on the film and you want to roll back out of your chair and say, 'Lord help me,'" Coyer on NFL offenses

I think we should trade up and get Davis.

Comment

I went DE but I would really be happy with anyone on the D-line. Anyone that is who can get into the mix and produce next season.

Comment

Originally posted by CHUMP-to-CHAMP
        I think we should trade up and get Davis.
        You mean trade up?

Comment

Originally posted by Domostick
          You mean trade up?

uhhh-- that's exactly what he said. . .
          Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

I think the D-line would be good, but as was already mentioned its hard to say if there will be anyone worth while at 15. A receiver sure wouldnt hurt. We need a deep threat. Lelie is improving and is quick but we need more. I by all means DONT WANT him, but someone like TO without the cancerous baggage would be great. He's fast as hell and can catch. We have enough RB's for now, no need to rush on picking any up.
            5280 feet above the competition!!

Comment

Originally posted by eletero

I would've thought the same poll here would have significantly different results, I think DE would be highest (only 19% there). I don't think the same poll has been posted, and I'm interested to know what the consensus of opinion is here.

And in related news, the other 55% actually know what they are talking about.
              I vote for DE.

Everybody's gotta elevate from the norm...

The greatest list of music I don't own on CD :sad:
              You should check these guys out

Comment

Originally posted by SLCBroncFan
                I think the D-line would be good, but as was already mentioned its hard to say if there will be anyone worth while at 15. A receiver sure wouldnt hurt. We need a deep threat. Lelie is improving and is quick but we need more. I by all means DONT WANT him, but someone like TO without the cancerous baggage would be great. He's fast as hell and can catch. We have enough RB's for now, no need to rush on picking any up.
                The defensive line is the weakest link on the team right now. Its the only thing thats keeping our good defense from becoming a great or elite defense. A WR at 15 makes me wanna puke none of these WR's are good to be taken at 15. Well that is unless you need a deep threat and we don't need another deep threat. Lelie's the best in the league at it. What we need is another POSSESSION WR, which can easily be found in the 3rd round or later on in the draft. Somebody that's small and strong or big and strong preferrably somebody who's over 6'2 and can go over the middle with no fears.
                sigpic
                PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Well how I interpret the poll results is that people taking the pole are clued in enough to know we need help at wide receiver, however they aren't the extremely obsessed fans like we are and don't hang out on messageboards and look at every mock draft they can find. They simply don't know that this is a weak wide receiver class with even the top receiver not warranting the 15th pick. So don't get upset where you see a poll where 90% of the people are Joe Fan clueless as to the draft value of the prospects.

Comment

I just read on nfl.com that one of the rumors floating around the owners meeting is that denver might want to trade up to no. 10 with arizona if "their guy" was there. The guy they're referring to is jay cutler. I hope to God that we don't jump up to no. 10 to take him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jared
                      And in related news, the other 55% actually know what they are talking about.
                      I vote for DE.

"you have given out too much contributor status. . . "

Comment

Originally posted by danj
                        Well how I interpret the poll results is that people taking the pole are clued in enough to know we need help at wide receiver, however they aren't the extremely obsessed fans like we are and don't hang out on messageboards and look at every mock draft they can find. They simply don't know that this is a weak wide receiver class with even the top receiver not warranting the 15th pick. So don't get upset where you see a poll where 90% of the people are Joe Fan clueless as to the draft value of the prospects.

good post!

Comment

As its been stated the majority still want a DE not WR.
                          John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by eletero

Personally I would put more stock in this poll than the poll on the news paper site. I feel this crowd is a little more informed than our friends at the post.

Comment

Originally posted by mdog1764
                              Personally I would put more stock in this poll than the poll on the news paper site. I feel this crowd is a little more informed than our friends at the post.
                              Yes I agree, I was curious to see how unpopular a WR pick @ 15 is.
                              It seems fairly conclusive so far.
                              In memory of Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Smiley by me
                              My sigs

"It seems like every week you click on the film and you want to roll back out of your chair and say, 'Lord help me,'" Coyer on NFL offenses

Comment

Working...
                              X