No announcement yet.

NFL.Com Broncs looking at getting #10 Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think they would trade up to #10 to get a tackle that will probably be there at #15 anyways.

sigpic

Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildHorse
      I think Vernon Davis could very well be there by #10; the Lions have a good TE in Marcus Pollard and the 49ers have a good TE in Eric Johnson. Both have bigger needs to fill and would do well to look elsewhere for help with their first picks.
      Davis to the 49ers is a fad pick right now, but I have them taking Michael Huff.

As for Detroit, Pollard is getting up there in years, and has never been a 50+ reception TE. If I was running the team, I wouldn't do it, but I think they'll be willing to dish out a pick on a receiving TE. Remember, it's the incompetent Matt Millen who's making the pick, and I don't think he'll reach for a WR, so he'll take a TE because they catch passes just like WRs do. Anyways Huff and Davis are interchangeable between SF and Detroit in mock drafts right now.

Speaking of interchangeable, I also think Haloti Ngata and Winston Justice are interchangeable between Buffalo and Cleveland at #8 and #12.
      A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken
        Davis to the 49ers is a fad pick right now, but I have them taking Michael Huff.

As for Detroit, Pollard is getting up there in years, and has never been a 50+ reception TE. If I was running the team, I wouldn't do it, but I think they'll be willing to dish out a pick on a receiving TE. Remember, it's the incompetent Matt Millen who's making the pick, and I don't think he'll reach for a WR, so he'll take a TE because they catch passes just like WRs do. Anyways Huff and Davis are interchangeable between SF and Detroit in mock drafts right now.

Speaking of interchangeable, I also think Haloti Ngata and Winston Justice are interchangeable between Buffalo and Cleveland at #8 and #12.

I see your point, but I don't think the niners would pass up on AJ Hawk.

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildHorse
          I see your point, but I don't think the niners would pass up on AJ Hawk.
          The Packers at #5 should trump that.
          A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

Originally posted by PsychoChicken

As for Huff, you're not the only one, draft Ace has him going to the '49ers too: LINK

They could sure use some secondary help. But they have many other needs too. Personally, I don't know why they don't trade down and stockpile picks. They need LOTS of picks. If they could get 3 or 4 good players that would be better in their circumstances than 1 great one.

At the rate of 1 or 2 excellent players a year it would take 6 years to replace enough players to make a difference!

If the Broncos were to trade up to #10 they could maybe grab Ngata, if he weren't taken by Buffalo which is what I'm reading, and I personally would be psyched to get him!

But, then I've been Jonesing for an elite DT or DE for a long time!
            sigpic

Comment

i heard somewhere the Lions might get a WR

Comment

Cutler....Cutler....for real???
                Well there goes the 1st round.
                MMA News
                MMA News 247

Comment

Working...
                X