Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 CB's last year, Don't be surprized to see 3 D-line players in this years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 CB's last year, Don't be surprized to see 3 D-line players in this years.

With Monsanto Pope gone...

I wouldn'y be surprized if we had 3 Defensife linemen picked up in this years draft.
    sigpic

Why did Mc'D get rid of Hillis?

it would surprise me just because of past tendencies, but the way our roster looks as of today, we could use the numbers.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

If we did, we'd gluttonize on overrated, underachieving DTs. We already have too many high priced underachieving DEs on the roster (Lang, Brown, Ekuban, Engelberger).

Comment

Please Define High Priced if you think all the ends on our roster fit it.
        http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthread.php?p=497087#post497087

Above I will list all my predictions for the 2005 season.

Comment

yeh.

If we did, we'd gluttonize on overrated, underachieving DTs
          I'm glad you mentioned that. I noticed as I read through alot of the DT's player Bios and scouting reports.....I read alot of the same thing.

Does not play to full potential, and is inconsistent.

One of them read...looks like an all-pro on one down.....then a 7th round pick the next.

I hope we find the sleepers out there.
          sigpic

Why did Mc'D get rid of Hillis?

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug
            Please Define High Priced if you think all the ends on our roster fit it.
            "High priced" - Expensive. In football terminology, having a high cap number. That's how I'd define it. Each one of the guys I listed (even if they restructured this offseason) has a ton of money invested in him. All four are making starting money and for having less sacks as a unit (including Lang) last season than most starting DE's (8 total) they're obviously worth it.

Three of the four are former first round picks. Do you think Shanny will want to spend even more money on another first round pick at DE? If he does, that will be great. I'm betting he won't.

Comment

Brown, Courtney
              Salary History

2005 540000.00
              2006 745000.00
              2007 900000.00
              2008 900000.00
              2009 900000.00

Ekuban, Ebenezer
              Salary History

2004 535000.00
              2005 540000.00
              2006 1700000.00
              2007 2210000.00

Engelberger, John
              Salary History

2004 535000.00
              2005 1265000.00
              2006 1050000.00
              2007 1365000.00
              2008 1330000.00

Lang, Kenard
              Salary History

2006 1000000.00
              2007 2000000.00
              2008 1700000.00
              Hardly a "ton of money." IIRC, their bonuses were all below 2 million as well. I'd back that up with KFFL, but it's their site isn't loading for me right now.

Comment

Originally posted by HORSEPOWER 56
                "High priced" - Expensive. In football terminology, having a high cap number. That's how I'd define it. Each one of the guys I listed (even if they restructured this offseason) has a ton of money invested in him. All four are making starting money and for having less sacks as a unit (including Lang) last season than most starting DE's (8 total) they're obviously worth it.

Three of the four are former first round picks. Do you think Shanny will want to spend even more money on another first round pick at DE? If he does, that will be great. I'm betting he won't.
                Well Not one of these Guys is still playing for their first round contract. Engleberger just signed and is making back up DE pay. Nobody Knows what Lang is making at least not that I have seen. Brown Restructered and took less than he could have gotten elswhere. Ekeban is still playing on his Cleveland Contract which means only Base pay counts against the cap. So you can But I have not seen any facts yet.

If I remember correct The Steelers beat the colts and they had both Dwight Freeney the best DE in the game today and Robert Mathis a 15 sack guy. So to say all we need is a killer DE could be faulty logic. What we need is another game one or two missed plays was the difference.

Comment

Hey you stole my thunder!!! CP for you.

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug
                    Hey you stole my thunder!!! CP for you.
                    Yea I did. Sorry pal...

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
                      Hardly a "ton of money." IIRC, their bonuses were all below 2 million as well. I'd back that up with KFFL, but it's their site isn't loading for me right now.
                      CPs to you. Nice listing. Our Dline is not too expensive, but unfortuntately they arent steals either.

Comment

Working...
                      X