2 Dlinemen in the 1st round??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrangePeel
    i think all lawson needs to do to be able to stand up to the hutchinson's and jones's of the NFL is to add bulk, especially arm strength. He has an great frame to add weight to at 6-5 3/8, and honestly, i think he is a few ticks faster than his 4.43 40 time after seeing him play against the entire ACC and the NC state line usually dominating the offensive lines of that conference. I really hope he isnt just a workout warrior because i see him as being something special. He just needs to get more weight on, probably 10-20 lbs, so he can get better leverage against blockers.
    If he's good enough, he'd just run around Jones. If he can beat the tackle off the snap, it almost doesn't matter who it is IMO. Once a speed guy has a step he's got everything in his favor. I saw Osi Umenyiora, who is a speed rusher, own Walter Jones on a couple plays. Shocking...

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
      If he's good enough, he'd just run around Jones. If he can beat the tackle off the snap, it almost doesn't matter who it is IMO. Once a speed guy has a step he's got everything in his favor. I saw Osi Umenyiora, who is a speed rusher, own Walter Jones on a couple plays. Shocking...
      the problem that ive seen with Lawson against elite sized tackle is he just doesnt use his hands very well, and i hope that patterson could help him with this, even though im not sure what our current philosophy is with with pass rushing DE's as we havent had a dominating one in a long time.
      Blet

Comment

In response to this thread, I would say that hoping for 2 defensive linemen in the first is like hoping for an adequate amount of hot fudge in a Dairy Queen dessert (in Washington anyways). It just won't happen...

Well, if Mario and Haloti fall to 15 and 22 respectively, then I'd say there's a strong chance...

Comment

Originally posted by WABronco
          In response to this thread, I would say that hoping for 2 defensive linemen in the first is like hoping for an adequate amount of hot fudge in a Dairy Queen dessert (in Washington anyways). It just won't happen...

Well, if Mario and Haloti fall to 15 and 22 respectively, then I'd say there's a strong chance...
          well the chances of haloti falling are not that out of this world, that is if the bills, browns, and ravens all decide to not be good at drafting on the same day.

after thinking about it over and over again, Ngata/Bunkley + Kiwi/Lawson >>Vernon Davis.
          Blet

Comment

Originally posted by OrangePeel
            the problem that ive seen with Lawson against elite sized tackle is he just doesnt use his hands very well, and i hope that patterson could help him with this, even though im not sure what our current philosophy is with with pass rushing DE's as we havent had a dominating one in a long time.
            In my unprofessional opinion, I would say that's a very teachable part of the game (hand placement).

Comment

That Bronco mock was one of the best I've ever seen. I love it. Terrific!
              Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Damien Nash 1982-2007

Comment

Working...
              X