Okay, here's the plan...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, here's the plan...

Summing up of a number of the ideas being proposed around the forum, here is our new plan of action:

1) Trade both our first round picks to move up to #6 and draft Vernon Davis.

2) Trade our 4th round pick to Buffalo for Eric Moulds.

3) Trade our 6th round pick to Miami for Ricky Williams when he wins his appeal this week.

4) Spend the rest of our picks (2nd, two 4ths, 5th) on the best defensive linemen available and one Bronco-style running back in case Williams flakes out again.

What do you think? Super Bowl XLI, here we come!
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

I know I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I just can't help myself. I think we are still way better off if keep two number ones rather than one. Davis might be great talent there are several other TEs in this draft that could also turn out to be very good Pope and Byrd come to mind.

For me it still comes down to I like having more picks rather than less, and in a deep draft like this one we stand very good chance of picking that can helps reach the ultimate goal.
    John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRONC
      I know I'm going to sound like a broken record, but I just can't help myself. I think we are still way better off if keep two number ones rather than one. Davis might be great talent there are several other TEs in this draft that could also turn out to be very good Pope and Byrd come to mind.

For me it still comes down to I like having more picks rather than less, and in a deep draft like this one we stand very good chance of picking that can helps reach the ultimate goal.
      I agree. I'm also one of those arguing for keeping both our first rounders. But this is just my combining a lot of the ideas by others. This idea wouldn't be my first choice.
      ------

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
        I agree. I'm also one of those arguing for keeping both our first rounders. But this is just my combining a lot of the ideas by others. This idea wouldn't be my first choice.
        Whew that's relief, It thought for a moment you had given into the dark side of the force.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I posted this in another thread but though it fits here as well.

#1 We are moving up and not back if not staying.

#2 We would need to make a deal with the Jets predraft in order to move back during the draft. The long time given to 1st rounders is short in comparision to finding a trade to lower in the top ten.

#3 There are only a few to move up for. Super Mario, Davis, and Ngata and very possible for Huff.
          Super Mario costs both firsts.
          Davis, Ngata and Huff would cost a second. I think we are looking at late top ten or right out of it and keep our 22nd.

But maybe 15 is were thay want to be for Justice, Jackson, Holmes, Bunkley or maybe a RB like White or Williams. Maybe one they really covet but want to hide it.

Everybody has us picking Moss in Mocks. I think that Mockers have some information from the teams (both, good and bait). I would really like to see what they have in the next round of Mocks. Look at all of them and you may get a picture of what could be.

Me and my daughter, Christmas eve 2006

My wife and my daughter, same game against the Bengals.

:wave:

Comment

Summing up of a number of the ideas being proposed around the forum, here is our new plan of action:

3) Trade our 6th round pick to Miami for Ricky Williams when he wins his appeal this week.

4) Spend the rest of our picks (2nd, two 4ths, 5th) on the best defensive linemen available and one Bronco-style running back in case Williams flakes out again.

1. Shanahan has never traded up this high and he probably won't this year either. Especially when he can get 2 impact players in the first round rather than 1. Reports that the Broncos are willing to move up to #10 (Cardinals) "if our guy were available" might just be a misdirection by Shanny. And even if not, he's far more likely to move up only in the case that he can get someone at ten, rather than breaking the bank to get to #6.

2. The Broncos can't afford Eric Moulds. It has nothing to do with the pick. They've been reported NOT to be interested in him at all by the Rky.Mtn. News. So, I think we can safely scratch Moulds unless his price drops dramatically.

3. Ricky is unlikely to win his appeal. He didn't win the last time, why would he now? Even if he did, how many times can the guy promise to reform and then start smoking another spleef? I don't see Pat Bowlen going for it when he couldn't even stomach T.O. (who has less baggage than Ricky).

4. There's not a lot of point in grabbing DL in the 4th round. Shanny tried that remember? One Aaron Hunt, Clint Mitchell, etc. later and quantity did not make quality. He could find quality in the second round when there will be some decent DL available. If he doesn't draft one in the first, I'm going to be crossing my fingers. BUT he hasn't drafted a DL in the 2nd round since 2001 and there's no reason to think he will this year.

MUG has made a frightening argument that Shanny will just stay with the useless linemen he's got. And unless Courtney Brown suddenly turns magically into a pass-rusher the Broncos DL will be worse than last year or at least no better. If Ekuban is your top pass-rusher, then the team has real problems!
            Last edited by Cugel; 03-27-2006, 09:40 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

...i do not rike that pran...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cugel
                1. Shanahan has never traded up this high and he probably won't this year either. Especially when he can get 2 impact players in the first round rather than 1. Reports that the Broncos are willing to move up to #10 (Cardinals) "if our guy were available" might just be a misdirection by Shanny. And even if not, he's far more likely to move up only in the case that he can get someone at ten, rather than breaking the bank to get to #6.
                Is that still in reference to this snippet?
                5. THE BRONCOS MENTION THEY WOULD LIKE TO JUMP FROM NO. 15 TO NO. 10 IF 'THEIR GUY' WAS STILL THERE.
                To move from 15 to 10, the Broncos have to show 250 points. Their second-round pick is worth 300 points, and an Arizona giveback of their fifth-round pick (40) is close enough to keep the deal alive for now. Arizona would end up with Nos. 15, 47, 61 and 79 on the first day.
                If so, people need to read the whole column. Kirwan was using that as a hypothetical situation based on the "fact" that he think the Broncos might want to move up for Cutler. He was just illustrating the type of talk that goes on behind the scenes and not any inside information.

From the same article:
                It appears that the possible spot someone has to be to get Cutler is the No. 10 spot, which is owned by the Cardinals. So, let's look at a potential conversation between the Cardinals and two teams possibly interested in acquiring Cutler -- Minnesota and Denver. Hopefully after we finish, you will have a better understanding of the value chart, the issues at the owners meeting, and just how trades later on in April get a foothold.

Also, as I previously noted, I do not endorse this plan. I was simply combining a bunch of ideas floating around the board. I personally want to keep our picks where there are.
                ------

Comment

Where do we get the money for this plan?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Knight
                    Where do we get the money for this plan?
                    Why, from the the Salary Cap Fairy of course! Come on, DK, ask me a tough one next time.

(Once again, I was simply combining several of the more popular ideas floating about the forum.)
                    ------

Comment

No offense, but those are all horrible ideas. Vernon Davis, as good as he could be, is not worth both first-round picks IMO.

Eric Moulds is too washed up and is gonna want big money. Forget him. If anything trade for Javon Walker.

Ricky Williams hell no. We can get a guy just as good in the first or second round who actually WANTS to play football.

I agree with the 4th idea though, D-line is the number one priority in the draft, no question.

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildHorse
                        No offense, but those are all horrible ideas. Vernon Davis, as good as he could be, is not worth both first-round picks IMO.

Eric Moulds is too washed up and is gonna want big money. Forget him. If anything trade for Javon Walker.

Ricky Williams hell no. We can get a guy just as good in the first or second round who actually WANTS to play football.

I agree with the 4th idea though, D-line is the number one priority in the draft, no question.
                        Nobody reads through the posts anymore.

I've said numerous times that these aren't my ideas and that I don't endorse them.
                        ------

Comment

i love it....replace moulds with javon and it be perfect
                          Canadian broncos fan for life

Comment

Nobody reads through the posts anymore.

I've said numerous times that these aren't my ideas and that I don't endorse them.
                            Yes, but why do YOU want us to trade our 2 1st rders for vernon davis?

How can you be sure we will get Ricky.

I dont know Jav, you are pretty off on these ideas of yours, i think.

And as a footnote, arent these your ideas, and you do endorse them?

Comment

I could live with that

Comment

Working...
                              X