Will we draft a QB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will we draft a QB?

I'm not talking 1st round, i'm talking the whole draft. We didnt draft one last year, but the year before we grabbed BVP and Matt Mauck... Do you think Shanny will grab a QB somewhere in this draft? There are a lot of names on the board this year that no one is really talking about:

Brad Smith, Mizzou
    Kellen Clemens, Oregon
    Brodie Croyle, Bama
    Klatt and Holland...

you name more...

I really think Brodie Croyle will go somewhere in the 2nd round, and the Broncos will take a good look at this kid. Brad Smith wouldnt be a bad after draft signing since he probably wont be drafted... the guy broke a few records in his senior season last year including most rushing yards all time for a QB i think?
    Sports303: The world of sports, straight from the 303.
    http://www.sports303.com/
    sigpic

yeah im thinkin well somehow get croyle.

Comment

Well, if you scratch off everyone that you listed besides Croyle, then I might be interested. The rest of them would be too similar to BVP, we've already got a work-in-progress QB.

-Klatt doesn't deserve consideration IMO,
      -Holland throws too many picks
      -Smith's accuracy leaves something to be desired (and that's an understatement)

-I don't know a whole lot about Clemens.

I could go for one of the top 3 QB's if they should happen to slide all the way to #15-especially since we would still have the #22 pick to address other needs... But I don't see that happening.

Comment

What about Omar Jacobs he will be a good fit

Comment

I thought we drafted charlie Frehuif (lol thats definitely not spelled correctly). The qb from colorado school of mines.
          Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Originally posted by armedequation
            I thought we drafted charlie Frehuif (lol thats definitely not spelled correctly). The qb from colorado school of mines.
            Chad Freihauf (not sure about the last name) was signed after the draft and he was placerd on the practice squad.
            Sports303: The world of sports, straight from the 303.
            http://www.sports303.com/
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TrojanBronco
              Chad Freihauf (not sure about the last name) was signed after the draft and he was placerd on the practice squad.

yeah, couldnt remember if we drafted him or just picked him up after. Im kinda curious as to what happened to him. The organization was raving about him when they picked him up.
              Glen Haven Fire

Comment

Possibilities I see:

2nd - Brodie Croyle (doubtful)
                4th -6th - Reggie McNeal, Brad Smith, Kellen Clemens

Comment

Originally posted by TrojanBronco
                  I'm not talking 1st round, i'm talking the whole draft. We didnt draft one last year, but the year before we grabbed BVP and Matt Mauck... Do you think Shanny will grab a QB somewhere in this draft? There are a lot of names on the board this year that no one is really talking about:

Brad Smith, Mizzou
                  Kellen Clemens, Oregon
                  Brodie Croyle, Bama
                  Klatt and Holland...

you name more...

I really think Brodie Croyle will go somewhere in the 2nd round, and the Broncos will take a good look at this kid. Brad Smith wouldnt be a bad after draft signing since he probably wont be drafted... the guy broke a few records in his senior season last year including most rushing yards all time for a QB i think?
                  Supposedly the Broncos are interested in Jay Cutler, so it wouldn't surprise me if they made a move to get him on draft day.
                  sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

I wouldnt be surprised if we got one of those "athelete" QB's like Michael Robinson, Reggie McNeal, etc.

Comment

Of the late round QBs, D.J. Shockley is probably the best fit here. Another good possibility is Furman's Ingle Martin. I've never seen him play a game, but he was arguably the most impressive QB at the combine, showing arm strength, accuracy, and athleticism. Brett Basanez would also be a good choice. I love this guy's ability to lead and his intangibles, not to mention that his athleticism makes him a good fit here.

On the whole, it's pretty likely that they'll pick a QB later on and that QB will probably be at least a decent athlete.
                      A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

I think Friehauf was released from the PS, not positive though.

As far as the draft though, I wouldn't be against drafting Darrell Hackney or Bruce Gradkowski. No delusions of grandeur, just guys with their head screwed on straight who you know can step in and not mess up if Jake goes down.

I like my defensive tackles like I like my women: well over 300 lbs.
                        ABWRFRC

Comment

Omar, What a great name!

Omar Jacobs
                          Height: 6-3 7/8 | Weight: 232 | Best 40 Time: 4.77

Very impressive throwing the football, showed excellent accuracy and a strong arm at the combine.

Official Bio

Strengths:
                          Has prototypical size and a big sturdy frame...A very accurate passer...Arm strength is more than adequate...Athletic with solid speed...Moves well in the pocket and can throw on the run...Very smart with the ball and doesn't make a lot of mistakes...Extremely productive...Still has some upside...A leader on the field.

Weaknesses:
                          Has a sidearm throwing motion that could lead to a lot of passes being batted down...May need to have his mechanics reworked...Did not play against top competition all the time...Rarely threw the ball deep downfield...Took most of his snaps out of the shotgun...Played in wide open offense that padded his stats.

Notes:
                          Had an amazing sophomore season (41 / 4 TD to INT ratio) and then struggled a bit in 2005...Has a lot of tools that you look and might just need to be coached up and adjust to the pro game...A potential starting quarterback at the next level.

Comment

Reggie McNeal would be a posible good pick up, he could for sure play WR, with 4.3 speed, but also there was alot of people who think he could be a Vince Young type. but if he dosnt work out you just leave him at wr ala randell ell.
                            sigpic

Comment

Brad Gradkowski QB Toledo.

Comment

Working...
                              X