Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myoung
    I like that you posted it.

That said, I believe there is no way the Jets pass on Leinart and Bush. No way....

bush maybe. but there is a lot of talk about the jets liking brody croyle. so it comes down to which is better: leinhart or cutler and kiwi or wimbley OR mario and croyle. both good options.

but it isnt too far of a stretch to think that williams in a year or two will be an upgrade over abraham. plus two years ago they were set on pennington being their franchise qb. with him still on the roster, they must still have some hope of him returning to form, even if it is slight. so with chad and ramsey already on the team, it makes sense to me to add the high priced pick at DE (where there is now a hole) and put 2nd round money into the 3rd qb.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

When I said the Human Factor I perhaps should have said the greed factor. I don't think Benson is as rational, or inteligent as you are. You raise very good points for not taking bush and if I were in charge of the draft for NO I don't take him. However I think that if Benson sees Bush fall past the texans, or someone who trades up to take their spot, I believe that he takes him in an attempt to make money. Then trades one of the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan in exile
        When I said the Human Factor I perhaps should have said the greed factor. I don't think Benson is as rational, or inteligent as you are. You raise very good points for not taking bush and if I were in charge of the draft for NO I don't take him. However I think that if Benson sees Bush fall past the texans, or someone who trades up to take their spot, I believe that he takes him in an attempt to make money. Then trades one of the others.

hard to argue against that.
        "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

If the draft falls like that, the broncs better try to trade up to 6 to get bush. but I dont think there is anyway that it goes down like that. but if the texans dont take bush at 1, the whole draft board will go nuts with trades all over the place.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fan in exile

ahh, the greed factor-- this is why i think that tight-ass, boogie benson, will trade down. . . i understand why BC didn't want to mess with trades in a mock, but i'll be a little surprised if benson doesn't end up tellin' his boys to trade the pick. . .

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
              ahh, the greed factor-- this is why i think that tight-ass, boogie benson, will trade down. . . i understand why BC didn't want to mess with trades in a mock, but i'll be a little surprised if benson doesn't end up tellin' his boys to trade the pick. . .

this year could end up being one of those years where because EVERYBODY wants to move, nobody is able to. you go on just about every teams board and there is someone saying "we need to move down, thats where all the value is".

Comment

In some ways I kinda feel sorry for Reggie Bush. It must be hard to have all those stories out there about how he is great but just doesn't fit in. Of course he will have millions of dollars with which to console himself.

Comment

A heisman, 2 wins in 3 trips to the national Championship, His former OC with the Titans and you think Leinhart will fall to the ravens under a guy that nobody really knew about until late this year, (except persons living in Nashville) Its a stretch but a possibility but kudos for being different.

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
                    bush maybe. but there is a lot of talk about the jets liking brody croyle. so it comes down to which is better: leinhart or cutler and kiwi or wimbley OR mario and croyle. both good options.

but it isnt too far of a stretch to think that williams in a year or two will be an upgrade over abraham. plus two years ago they were set on pennington being their franchise qb. with him still on the roster, they must still have some hope of him returning to form, even if it is slight. so with chad and ramsey already on the team, it makes sense to me to add the high priced pick at DE (where there is now a hole) and put 2nd round money into the 3rd qb.
                    The problem is that the Jets are lacking a big name on offense right now. Pennington has been an area of major concern and Martin is not the RB of the future and probably shouldn't be counted on even this year. In NY the media is half of the battle. Skipping on Leinart and Bush would be suicide for the team management.

The would sell tickets, heck the Jets don't even have their own stadium right now. They need better support in that area (everyone in the area knows it). Picking a potential star, on offense, would go along ways toward helping this. They have zero playmakers on offense right now. this is a big time problem, especially considering they are in NY. They can justify not moving up but they can't justify passing on them.

If Bush and Leinart are on the board there is no way the Jets pass on them both... No way..

Comment

Working...
                    X