Maurice Drew??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maurice Drew??

has everyone forgot about him or what??? cuz i keep hearing talk about Lendale and Deangelo and all these other RBs, but what about Maurice Drew?? i think he would be a good fit in Denver.......anyone else agree???

sig by Skywalker
    thanks Skywalker

Just another Quentin Griffin.

Comment

Originally posted by ttejuco
      Just another Quentin Griffin.
      hahaha another Q??! OH NO

Comment

Maurice Drew is FAR different than Quentin Griffin. You need to get beyond just the size comparison.

Drew would be a PERFECT fit in the Broncos system, and IMO would be a good pick up in the second round.

I don't think Drew will stand out with just any team, he'll have to be in the right system. Preferably one that uses the RB out of the backfield, and or a zone blocking scheme like us or the Falcons.

If you put Drew here in Denver, he would be a fantastic fit and add a playmaking aspect to the offense.

He's probably somewhat of a Brian Westbrook/Dave Meggett combo as far as potential. Maybe a Kevin Faulk with a higher ceiling for potential.
        Last edited by jletourneau; 03-28-2006, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hankin22
          has everyone forgot about him or what??? cuz i keep hearing talk about Lendale and Deangelo and all these other RBs, but what about Maurice Drew?? i think he would be a good fit in Denver.......anyone else agree???
          Lo de vemos a gara, es muy bueno e va a trabajor muy buen en nuestro systema.

Comment

Originally posted by jletourneau
            Maurice Drew is FAR different than Quentin Griffin. You need to get beyond just the size comparison.

Drew would be a PERFECT fit in the Broncos system, and IMO would be a good pick up in the second round.

I don't think Drew will stand out with just any team, he'll have to be in the right system. Preferably one that uses the RB out of the backfield, and or a zone blocking scheme like us or the Falcons.

If you put Drew here in Denver, he would be a fantastic fit and add a playmaking aspect to the offense.

He's probably somewhat of a Brian Westbrook/Dave Meggett combo as far as potential.

THANK YOU!!! i'm glad to see someone hasn't forgotten about him, and even better to see that someone agrees with me in saying that he would be great in Denver

sig by Skywalker
            thanks Skywalker

Comment

The dude's fast for sure. I'm not sure if UCLA ran a zone blocking system though. I know USC runs a zone-blocking system for White very often.

He would not be a bad pickup, but honestly I think he's more of a shifty scat speed back than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd
                The dude's fast for sure. I'm not sure if UCLA ran a zone blocking system though. I know USC runs a zone-blocking system for White very often.

He would not be a bad pickup, but honestly I think he's more of a shifty scat speed back than anything else.
                Drew is more of a 3rd down back "type," but if put in the right system he "could" be an exception, could.

I really think that Dave Meggett is the right comparison for Drew. Drew is a lot stronger than people give him credit for and is very compact.

Speed definitely, somewhat shifty but not like Barry Sanders or Quentin Griffin type. He's got a lot more direct punch and burst straight away than do some in his typecast. A lot of people say Drew is a poor man's Reggie Bush, but the truth might be that Drew isn't all that poor, simply got lost in Reggie's shadow all year.

Drew will be an interesting player to watch at the next level. I think A LOT will be determined by which team selects him. If I were Maurice, I'd be hoping and praying for a west coast offense with a zone blocking scheme.

In other words, Denver, Atlanta, or Green Bay if they truly add some zone blocking under McCarthy like they are rumored to. Because the Texans will already have their guy in Bush. If Maurice can get to one of those 3 teams, he will probably have the highest chance to succeed IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jletourneau
                  Drew is more of a 3rd down back "type," but if put in the right system he "could" be an exception, could.

I really think that Dave Meggett is the right comparison for Drew. Drew is a lot stronger than people give him credit for and is very compact.

Speed definitely, somewhat shifty but not like Barry Sanders or Quentin Griffin type. He's got a lot more direct punch and burst straight away than do some in his typecast. A lot of people say Drew is a poor man's Reggie Bush, but the truth might be that Drew isn't all that poor, simply got lost in Reggie's shadow all year.

Drew will be an interesting player to watch at the next level. I think A LOT will be determined by which team selects him. If I were Maurice, I'd be hoping and praying for a west coast offense with a zone blocking scheme.

In other words, Denver, Atlanta, or Green Bay if they truly add some zone blocking under McCarthy like they are rumored to. Because the Texans will already have their guy in Bush. If Maurice can get to one of those 3 teams, he will probably have the highest chance to succeed IMO.

i think you're bang on with your evaluation of drew. he may not have the bulk to be a #1 guy, but he does run with some pop for a guy his size. he lowers his shoulder and finishes off his runs.

he's also a great return man, both punts and kick offs. as a depth/3rd down/return guy i would love to have him.
                  "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

He is hands down the best punt returner in this draft.

But I think the reason that people are no longer talking much about him, is that we pick twice in the first, much too early for him, and then not again until late in the second, probably too late for him. If we had a high-to-mid second rounder, you probably would hear his name come up a lot more in discussions.

And as far as the Texans go...who's to say they won't use one of a couple second-rounders on him if they decide to trade down? They could come away with D'Brickashaw, Nick Mangold, and Maurice Drew....not a bad 3 guys to help rebuild a franchise from the ground up.

Hell who knows, Maroney could even be there for one of those early second-rounders...

Comment

hes alright for a 3rd down back, but for a #1 back, I dont think so. Denvers run offense works best with a little bigger back getting 4 to 5 yards consitantly, not 0 yards 3 runs in a row and then a 20 yarder. it doesnt give your offense a chance to put consitance drives together.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X