Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What if?

    I am 99% sure that Houston will take Reggie Bush, however here is just something fun to think about. What if with the first pick Houston does not go for Bush? This really kind of brings up a lot of confusion in the draft, and i'm sure hysteria would insue. The Saints have McCalister, and he is great when given an offensive line. Do they take Bush? Do they now trade out? Do they let him slip one more spot? If so would the Titans for sure take him? They have Chris Brown AND Travis Henry, two proven backs.

    I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS WILL HAPPEN, but wouldn't it be a bizarre scenario?

    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

  • #2
    Originally posted by The|Snake#16
    I am 99% sure that Houston will take Reggie Bush, however here is just something fun to think about. What if with the first pick Houston does not go for Bush? This really kind of brings up a lot of confusion in the draft, and i'm sure hysteria would insue. The Saints have McCalister, and he is great when given an offensive line. Do they take Bush? Do they now trade out? Do they let him slip one more spot? If so would the Titans for sure take him? They have Chris Brown AND Travis Henry, two proven backs.

    I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS WILL HAPPEN, but wouldn't it be a bizarre scenario?
    I have read on many sites that Houston wants out of the number one pick. So I dont think it's so far fetched. I think if they cant dump it that they have to take Bush by default. I bet they would really like to get D'Brickashaw but dont have the stones to take him over Bush.

    Comment


    • #3
      well honestly i think the Saints HAVE to go for D'Brickashaw Ferguson, since they lost LeCharles Bentley, so unless the Texans choose him i see him going there, and if they want Reggie Bush, they could get some nice picks from Trading Mcallister, this would cause insanity on Draft day, good luck to the new commish if this happens, mass hysteria will be all over! but then again yeah its not happening haha

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by str8jacket
        well honestly i think the Saints HAVE to go for D'Brickashaw Ferguson, since they lost LeCharles Bentley, so unless the Texans choose him i see him going there, and if they want Reggie Bush, they could get some nice picks from Trading Mcallister, this would cause insanity on Draft day, good luck to the new commish if this happens, mass hysteria will be all over! but then again yeah its not happening haha
        True, but Deuce is a big bruising back, power and speed, Reggie is small and hasn't proven he can pound it inside. I think it'd be a tough call.

        Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by The|Snake#16
          True, but Deuce is a big bruising back, power and speed, Reggie is small and hasn't proven he can pound it inside. I think it'd be a tough call.
          thats true as well but you have to think Bushs' salary is going to be MASSIVE, add that with Dueces' cap.....you just wont be able to get as much as you want out of the draft or FA, let alone keep people in New Orleans, so to get two massive salaries at RB, when they both really dont play at the same time, your kinda losing money

          Comment


          • #6
            I was reading their message boards and the fans want Vince over Reggie.

            Comment


            • #7
              if Houstan doesnt take Bush he will drop to Tennesee
              Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

              ^^^Get used to it.^^^

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SoCaliBronco
                I was reading their message boards and the fans want Vince over Reggie.
                yeah thats what ive heard too, but i mean, obviously they see something in Carr, i do as well, i saw him play with Fresno in Boulder a few years ago and he could just pick us apart, this was when we were actually a good team too, all around, alls they need is an offensive line and he could be REALLY good and show the haters of him what he can do, this is where Snakes question comes into play what IF they draft Ferguson?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by str8jacket
                  thats true as well but you have to think Bushs' salary is going to be MASSIVE, add that with Dueces' cap.....you just wont be able to get as much as you want out of the draft or FA, let alone keep people in New Orleans, so to get two massive salaries at RB, when they both really dont play at the same time, your kinda losing money
                  Actually I was getting at the fact that the Saints might pass on him since they had deuce. Would Tennessee take him? I'd be inclined to say yes, but they already have 2 proven backs, so who knows?

                  Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by The|Snake#16
                    Actually I was getting at the fact that the Saints might pass on him since they had deuce. Would Tennessee take him? I'd be inclined to say yes, but they already have 2 proven backs, so who knows?
                    ARGH! CP to you! Chris Brown and Travis Henry are both very good, (saw Brown in college up in Boulder every game in his career), but hes hurt alot, and Henry is good as well, i just think the Titans would pass on him as well because they have a glaring need in QB since Mcnair isnt getting any younger, but if this happens i see the Jets definatly taking him, maybe its just me?

                    heck i even saw Brown once or twice when i lived in AZ, we would come down to CO just because one of my parents is a CU freak haha
                    Last edited by str8jacket; 03-30-2006, 05:50 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by str8jacket
                      ARGH! CP to you! Chris Brown and Travis Henry are both very good, (saw Brown in college up in Boulder every game in his career), but hes hurt alot, and Henry is good as well, i just think the Titans would pass on him as well because they have a glaring need in QB since Mcnair isnt getting any younger, but if this happens i see the Jets definatly taking him, maybe its just me?

                      heck i even saw Brown once or twice when i lived in AZ, we would come down to CO just because one of my parents is a CU freak haha
                      Agreed, if Bush fell to the jets there is no doubt in my mind they'd take him, martin is just too injury prone, and he's getting up there. But then what? The Jets still need a QB, and probably planned to take one, and let's assume the Titans take Leinart. Ok so Cutler is still on the board, and the Packers are up. It's doubtful they'd take Cutler, or any QB for that matter. The 49ers are up, they are in the same situation as the Packers, and with Alex Smith they probably won't take another 1st round QB, Cutler and Young continue to fall.
                      Then to the Raiders, they'll take Cutler or Young, in all likelihood. 1 top QB left, do the bills take him? Are they committed to JP? Let's just say they are, they have many more glaring holes. The Lions? They signed Kitna and McCown, plus they have 2nd year Orlovsky, but with a quality QB on the board, who knows? Let's just say no. The Cardinals are on the clock, Warner is past his prime, do they take a young QB(Cutler or Young, depending on which is left) or fill the other major holes, and hold off?
                      The Rams have Bulger, I doubt they'd take a QB. The Browns are committed to the developement of Fyre, which is a good move in my opinion. The Ravens, Boller showed up in the end of the season, are they going to draft a QB? Possibly. Eagles, McNabb.

                      It'd be a huge chain of events, and though I don't believe it'll happen, a top 5 QB could drop down to 10, or even as far as 18.

                      Okay, i'm done rambling.

                      Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by The|Snake#16
                        Agreed, if Bush fell to the jets there is no doubt in my mind they'd take him, martin is just too injury prone, and he's getting up there. But then what? The Jets still need a QB, and probably planned to take one, and let's assume the Titans take Leinart. Ok so Cutler is still on the board, and the Packers are up. It's doubtful they'd take Cutler, or any QB for that matter. The 49ers are up, they are in the same situation as the Packers, and with Alex Smith they probably won't take another 1st round QB, Cutler and Young continue to fall.
                        Then to the Raiders, they'll take Cutler or Young, in all likelihood. 1 top QB left, do the bills take him? Are they committed to JP? Let's just say they are, they have many more glaring holes. The Lions? They signed Kitna and McCown, plus they have 2nd year Orlovsky, but with a quality QB on the board, who knows? Let's just say no. The Cardinals are on the clock, Warner is past his prime, do they take a young QB(Cutler or Young, depending on which is left) or fill the other major holes, and hold off?
                        The Rams have Bulger, I doubt they'd take a QB. The Browns are committed to the developement of Fyre, which is a good move in my opinion. The Ravens, Boller showed up in the end of the season, are they going to draft a QB? Possibly. Eagles, McNabb.

                        It'd be a huge chain of events, and though I don't believe it'll happen, a top 5 QB could drop down to 10, or even as far as 18.

                        Okay, i'm done rambling.
                        geh its madness

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by str8jacket
                          ARGH! CP to you! Chris Brown and Travis Henry are both very good, (saw Brown in college up in Boulder every game in his career), but hes hurt alot, and Henry is good as well, i just think the Titans would pass on him as well because they have a glaring need in QB since Mcnair isnt getting any younger, but if this happens i see the Jets definatly taking him, maybe its just me?

                          heck i even saw Brown once or twice when i lived in AZ, we would come down to CO just because one of my parents is a CU freak haha

                          The Jets could use him with Martin getting older, but Mario Williams would be tempting to them. It would be shocking to me if he fell out of the top 5.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by The|Snake#16
                            I am 99% sure that Houston will take Reggie Bush, however here is just something fun to think about. What if with the first pick Houston does not go for Bush? This really kind of brings up a lot of confusion in the draft, and i'm sure hysteria would insue. The Saints have McCalister, and he is great when given an offensive line. Do they take Bush? Do they now trade out? Do they let him slip one more spot? If so would the Titans for sure take him? They have Chris Brown AND Travis Henry, two proven backs.

                            I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS WILL HAPPEN, but wouldn't it be a bizarre scenario?

                            i've actually got bush falling to 6 in my mock. i know everyone thinks thats nuts, but its not as far fetched as everyone wants to believe.

                            i think both houston and new orleans would love to trade down. but if they dont, it then becomes a situation of do they take the best player available, or the player that improves their team the most. when you are picking from the top few spots, i think you take the player that improves your team the most.

                            with that said, and assuming there are no trades, it makes so much more sense for houston to take d'brickshaw rather than bush. and i agree that with duece (who i consider one of the top 5 backs in the league) and michael bennet, the saints would not really be improving themselves by adding another back. when you are picking 2nd, you have alot of holes. makes not sense to draft for one of the few spots you have quality and depth.

                            i also agree that tennesee needs to get their qb of the future. i think norm chow would love to have bush back in his offense, but there is too much talent available at qb, at mcnair only has so many games left in him. i dont see bush going here.

                            the jets would definately have to consider bush, but they also need a starting defensive end. they may look at mario instead. everyone says no way, but backs are a dime a dozen these days. sure bush may be special, but how many superbowls did barry sanders win? how many defenses have won a superbowl in the last 10 years? considering that mario is the best prospect at his position since julius peppers (who turned out pretty good), i dont think it is a slam dunk the jets take bush if he's available. they do have 5 first day picks, so they can pick up a back later. sure he wont be as good as bush in all probability, but they arent going to get an end as good as mario later in the draft either. and i would say it is harder to get an elite end than it is to get an elite back these days.

                            i dont see bush and green bay as a good fit. the pack just resigned ahman green, and im not sure bush's skill set suits the frozen tundra. i dont know, it might not be a factor, but i think the cold and snow would negate some of bush's effectiveness.

                            i know most people disagree and think bush is a lock at #1. but considering that backs grow on trees these days (i mean people wouldnt give up a first day pick for shawn alexander or edgerin james last year), bush is smallish, he hasnt proven he can be an every down back even in college, and it can be argued that (unlike last year) the teams at the top of the draft dont have a pressing need for a running back, i just dont think its the sure thing everyone else does.

                            but i agree with snake16, if bush doesnt go #1, it will be interesting to see how much of an impact on the top of the draft it has.
                            "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


                            "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ




                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Finally a thread I like!

                              Originally posted by The|Snake#16
                              I am 99% sure that Houston will take Reggie Bush, however here is just something fun to think about. What if with the first pick Houston does not go for Bush? This really kind of brings up a lot of confusion in the draft, and i'm sure hysteria would insue. The Saints have McCalister, and he is great when given an offensive line. Do they take Bush? Do they now trade out? Do they let him slip one more spot? If so would the Titans for sure take him? They have Chris Brown AND Travis Henry, two proven backs.

                              I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS WILL HAPPEN, but wouldn't it be a bizarre scenario?
                              This isn't that far fetched at all. Bush could fall. I could honestly see Kubiak taking D'Brickshaw Ferguson...which is the right thing to do...David Car would have to have ACL surgery from being on his knee's infront of Kubiak for so long for making that pick for him It's the most logical pick. Screw what everyone else wants....they signed DD to a 5 year contract last year...what is another RB going to do but beyotch about playing time? Saints won't move on him...they've got Line needs as well. Titans definitely doing QB. Quite honestly I'd love to see Bush fall like Rodgers did...that would totally shakeup the draft. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in some of the war rooms when that happens
                              MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X