Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Player stocks.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Player stocks.

    I have trying to keep up with the draft and all the players but I don'tknow who's stock is high and who's is dropping anymore.

    Anybody with info on these guys please let me know

    Rodrique Wright -This guys was a top 15 pick during last season... now where is he?
    Orien Harris
    Darnell Bing
    Jason Allen
    Elvis Dumervil
    Greg Eslinger
    Derek Hagan
    Hank Baskett


    Dazed and confused
    The three Keys to football
    1. Turnovers
    2. Field Position
    3. Red Zone Play

  • #2
    According to NFL Draft Scout


    Originally posted by BroncoRT
    I have trying to keep up with the draft and all the players but I don'tknow who's stock is high and who's is dropping anymore.

    Anybody with info on these guys please let me know

    Rodrique Wright -This guys was a top 15 pick during last season... now where is he? Dropping late 2nd early 3rd
    Orien Harris /Neutral 2nd early 3rd
    Darnell Bing/Neutral late 1st early 2nd
    Jason Allen/ climbing 1st
    Elvis Dumervil/ falling 5th
    Greg Eslinger/neutral late 3rd early 4th
    Derek Hagan/3rd falling
    Hank Baskett/neutral 5th


    Dazed and confused

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Buffalo118
      According to NFL Draft Scout
      If Rod Wright is there in the second round, I think we should grab him. How has he dropped that much?
      The three Keys to football
      1. Turnovers
      2. Field Position
      3. Red Zone Play

      Comment


      • #4
        What's ironic about your post is that most of these players listed are in a pretty fluid state right now, based on mixed reviews, but I'll give it a shot.

        Rodrique Wright- From what I can figure, Wright is hovering between the middle of round two and the end of the first day. He didn't help himself in skipping the Senior Bowl, but he did have solid workouts, displaying his above average athleticism. His under achiever label is what kills him, and I have heard mixed reviews from his interviews. Wright very well could jump into the top picks of round two, just because the DT race is wide open after Ngata, Bunkley, and Watson. Come draft day, I expect him to be just outside the top ten picks of round two.

        Orien Harris- Despite a poor 40 time, Harris displayed solid to good athleticism at the combine, and boosted his stock at the Senior Bowl. What has helped Harris is that more 3-4 teams are seeing him as a 3-4 end, with some even preferring him at NT. He would be an ideal 4-3 NT, but because he fits virtually all teams' systems, his stock is fairly high. The only thing holding him back is average production, and a low ceiling for rushing the quarterback. I would not be surprised to see Harris off the board at pick 32, with Pittsburgh playing it safe and replacing Kimo. Because he is on everyone's draft board, I'd say he is a likely early round two selection.

        Darnell Bing- Down to the second round, perhaps even the middle of round two, after more film reviews state his liability in pass coverage. Check back after the 2nd, when USC has its pro day. His tests will reveal a lot about his current stock.

        Jason Allen- Stock soared after the combine, with sub 4.5 times at 6'1, 213. It has since settled a bit, as scouts come off a combine high and realize he has legit injury and personality concerns. Allen has versatility to play safety or corner, but he's pretty adamant at wanting to play corner, and with his measurabls and poor tackling skills, corner would be a good place to start. With Jimmy Williams slipping, Allen could still land in the back half of round one, but I would currently place him at the top of round two, perhaps to San Francisco if they pass on Huff.

        Elvis Dumervil- Pretty quiet on the Dumervil front, which tells me he hasn't crwaled out of his Senior Bowl hole. PFW compares him to Corey Moore, who never matched his college production with pro production due to limited measurables. Despite his small frame, he is undefined and could stnd to drop some weight, which makes him a tough fit in 4-3 schemes at end. Freeney compares are pretty far in the rearview mirror, Dwight was a sub 4.5 runner in workouts. Early day two pick is my best guess.

        Greg Eslinger- No longer the top center in the draft, it looks as if he is the exclusive property of any of the three "Denver zone" scheme teams. Like his teammate Setterstrom, his workouts have not matched his apparent athleticism on the football field. Centers are tough to project, but I would guess he is early day two as well.

        Derek Hagan- Once the number two receiver in the draft, Hagan's stock dropped after showing poor hands at the Senior Bowl. Further film review has corroborated these concerns, despite his high production. Still did not display good hands at the combine, but did display plus athletic skills with a big frame to match. I still like the comparison to Mushin Muhammad, and it may take him a few years to refine hs game. Solid round two selection that still might be the thrid best receiver on some teams' boards based on his size/speed/production.

        Hank Baskett- Had a poor showing at the Senior Bowl, and mixed resluts at the Combine. Scouts biggest question is why he can show solid athlticism and speed in workouts, but not in routes. Good size/speed/production, but he too is a bit unnatural catching the ball, and unlike Hagan, Baskett fails to separate from corners. Probably a round three/early round four pick, but appears to be a dime-a-dozen type receiver, and could be destined for fourth wide receiver/ special teams duty throughout his career.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
          What's ironic about your post is that most of these players listed are in a pretty fluid state right now, based on mixed reviews, but I'll give it a shot.

          Rodrique Wright- From what I can figure, Wright is hovering between the middle of round two and the end of the first day. He didn't help himself in skipping the Senior Bowl, but he did have solid workouts, displaying his above average athleticism. His under achiever label is what kills him, and I have heard mixed reviews from his interviews. Wright very well could jump into the top picks of round two, just because the DT race is wide open after Ngata, Bunkley, and Watson. Come draft day, I expect him to be just outside the top ten picks of round two.

          Orien Harris- Despite a poor 40 time, Harris displayed solid to good athleticism at the combine, and boosted his stock at the Senior Bowl. What has helped Harris is that more 3-4 teams are seeing him as a 3-4 end, with some even preferring him at NT. He would be an ideal 4-3 NT, but because he fits virtually all teams' systems, his stock is fairly high. The only thing holding him back is average production, and a low ceiling for rushing the quarterback. I would not be surprised to see Harris off the board at pick 32, with Pittsburgh playing it safe and replacing Kimo. Because he is on everyone's draft board, I'd say he is a likely early round two selection.

          Darnell Bing- Down to the second round, perhaps even the middle of round two, after more film reviews state his liability in pass coverage. Check back after the 2nd, when USC has its pro day. His tests will reveal a lot about his current stock.

          Jason Allen- Stock soared after the combine, with sub 4.5 times at 6'1, 213. It has since settled a bit, as scouts come off a combine high and realize he has legit injury and personality concerns. Allen has versatility to play safety or corner, but he's pretty adamant at wanting to play corner, and with his measurabls and poor tackling skills, corner would be a good place to start. With Jimmy Williams slipping, Allen could still land in the back half of round one, but I would currently place him at the top of round two, perhaps to San Francisco if they pass on Huff.

          Elvis Dumervil- Pretty quiet on the Dumervil front, which tells me he hasn't crwaled out of his Senior Bowl hole. PFW compares him to Corey Moore, who never matched his college production with pro production due to limited measurables. Despite his small frame, he is undefined and could stnd to drop some weight, which makes him a tough fit in 4-3 schemes at end. Freeney compares are pretty far in the rearview mirror, Dwight was a sub 4.5 runner in workouts. Early day two pick is my best guess.

          Greg Eslinger- No longer the top center in the draft, it looks as if he is the exclusive property of any of the three "Denver zone" scheme teams. Like his teammate Setterstrom, his workouts have not matched his apparent athleticism on the football field. Centers are tough to project, but I would guess he is early day two as well.

          Derek Hagan- Once the number two receiver in the draft, Hagan's stock dropped after showing poor hands at the Senior Bowl. Further film review has corroborated these concerns, despite his high production. Still did not display good hands at the combine, but did display plus athletic skills with a big frame to match. I still like the comparison to Mushin Muhammad, and it may take him a few years to refine hs game. Solid round two selection that still might be the thrid best receiver on some teams' boards based on his size/speed/production.

          Hank Baskett- Had a poor showing at the Senior Bowl, and mixed resluts at the Combine. Scouts biggest question is why he can show solid athlticism and speed in workouts, but not in routes. Good size/speed/production, but he too is a bit unnatural catching the ball, and unlike Hagan, Baskett fails to separate from corners. Probably a round three/early round four pick, but appears to be a dime-a-dozen type receiver, and could be destined for fourth wide receiver/ special teams duty throughout his career.

          I am very curious on Wright and Harris. I have a feeling Shanny is going to take a DT in round #2 and Rod Wright seems to be pretty solid at that pick, if he is there.

          Hagan seems to have Darius Watts syndrome.

          Eslinger in round 4 would be sweet.
          The three Keys to football
          1. Turnovers
          2. Field Position
          3. Red Zone Play

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BroncoRT
            I am very curious on Wright and Harris. I have a feeling Shanny is going to take a DT in round #2 and Rod Wright seems to be pretty solid at that pick, if he is there.

            Hagan seems to have Darius Watts syndrome.

            Eslinger in round 4 would be sweet.
            Regarding a DT, I think it just depends on how we plan to use Warren this season. Last year he was more of a three technique based on need, but with the opportunity to grab a quality under tackle in this year's draft, Warren could move more to a nose tackle role. Two names to keep an eye on are Claude Wroten and John McCargo, two players I consider to be the top under tackles (assuming the Bunkley stays in the NT role he played at Florida State). Wroten has appeared to be in a tailspin since his arrest, having skipped combine drills and having less than stellar interviews with teams. He has first round talent and middle round intangibles, but he has never had an issue with his on-field performance. Should he be available at our pick in round two, he would be my first choice. McCargo seems to be a late comer on the DT board, with more teams comparing his athleticism and playing style to a young Warren Sapp. He may fit at the bottom of round one, which would push back all the other tackles. Should he fall to Denver, it would make a tough decision between Wroten and McCargo.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
              Regarding a DT, I think it just depends on how we plan to use Warren this season. Last year he was more of a three technique based on need, but with the opportunity to grab a quality under tackle in this year's draft, Warren could move more to a nose tackle role. Two names to keep an eye on are Claude Wroten and John McCargo, two players I consider to be the top under tackles (assuming the Bunkley stays in the NT role he played at Florida State). Wroten has appeared to be in a tailspin since his arrest, having skipped combine drills and having less than stellar interviews with teams. He has first round talent and middle round intangibles, but he has never had an issue with his on-field performance. Should he be available at our pick in round two, he would be my first choice. McCargo seems to be a late comer on the DT board, with more teams comparing his athleticism and playing style to a young Warren Sapp. He may fit at the bottom of round one, which would push back all the other tackles. Should he fall to Denver, it would make a tough decision between Wroten and McCargo.

              I have been a Wroten and McCargo fan all season, but I don't think they will be around at our second round pick. I have a feeling that early in the second round DT's are going to go quickly. Waston, Wroten, McCargo, and Oshinowo, I believe will be gone at our pick. That leaves us with Harris, Wright, Mahelona, Kyle Williams, and Dvoracek. Personally I think it will be Mahelona, I heard he has good work ethic and has been a Bronco fan his whole life!
              The three Keys to football
              1. Turnovers
              2. Field Position
              3. Red Zone Play

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BroncoRT
                If Rod Wright is there in the second round, I think we should grab him. How has he dropped that much?
                Like Kool-Aid said he's an "underachiever" lacks urgency and agression
                "Not Consistent"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BroncoRT
                  I have been a Wroten and McCargo fan all season, but I don't think they will be around at our second round pick. I have a feeling that early in the second round DT's are going to go quickly. Waston, Wroten, McCargo, and Oshinowo, I believe will be gone at our pick. That leaves us with Harris, Wright, Mahelona, Kyle Williams, and Dvoracek. Personally I think it will be Mahelona, I heard he has good work ethic and has been a Bronco fan his whole life!
                  Wroten makes me nervous being caught with drugs; he could be another Ricky Williams.

                  I would draft McCargo he looks to be the safer pick.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Nice analogy KoolAid. There is plenty of talent at DT this year, but it also appears there is a lot of risk. I would hate to draft one of these guys and have them show up fat, lazy and stupid.

                    Those that are intriguing to me are McCargo at pick 61, and Dvoracek at pick 118.
                    I am not sure either will be available when we need them, but both would be value picks. Dvorecek has had some off field issues, but lazy has not been a problem as he is a wild man.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Buffalo118
                      Wroten makes me nervous being caught with drugs; he could be another Ricky Williams.

                      I would draft McCargo he looks to be the safer pick.

                      he has a long way to go before he fills the shoes of ricky williams .. maybe the guy wised up and stoped smoking it in fear of loseing millions of dollars
                      The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
                      While he sits by his hearth at home.
                      Quickly finds when questioned by others .
                      That he knows nothing at all.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X