We could draft like Raiders next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We could draft like Raiders next year

I hope we draft a K next year; CUs Mason Crosby. Anybody with a leg like him is worth taking in the first round. Elams at the end of his career.

Originally posted by Buffalo118
    I hope we draft a K next year; CUs Mason Crosby. Anybody with a leg like him is worth taking in the first round. Elams at the end of his career.
    He isnt 50 yet is he? He has a few more good years left.

Comment

Let's trade both #1s and move up so that we make sure that nobody can get him before us.
      Thanks, Reid!
      sigpic
      Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Comment

It amazes me that a K that can consistently kick 60 yarders bores the crap out of you guys. Last time I checked a K can win a game for you

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoStampede
          He isnt 50 yet is he? He has a few more good years left.
          Exactly what I said he's at the end of his career

Comment

I hope this isnt a serious thread.
            sigpic

Comment

Ya, I'm very serious

Comment

You live in Norway, so you've never seen him play. The guy is amazing.
                "Points are Points"

Comment

Iv lived in colorado for 5 years. Dont doubt my football knowledge idiot.
                  sigpic

Comment

I dont think Elam is to the point where we need to look that route yet. Even if so we sure as hell are not gonna spend a #1 on him. Look at the last knucklehead #1 kicker, Janikowski. He sometimes makes some solid kicks, but can be a bonehead at times. Nobody should be digging Elam's grave. He has made some key kicks in his time here.

sigpic

Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

Comment

please, dont let this turn into a flame war.

the simple fact is, we have an above-average to great kicker in Jason Elam, who is 36, and has at least 3 years left that he could be servicable. The kicker is only on the field for 5-10 plays a game, while a player like a QB or Olineman is on the field for the game. It's all relative. You spend more time in acquiring players at a position that is more important to the outcome of the game, and where there is more of a demand at the position. It isnt that hard to find a franchise kicker, as it is say to find a 10 year defensive end. The year jason retires will be the year that we sign/draft a replacement for him. I guarantee it
                      Blet

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo118

Elam is consistent and has many years to go.....getting a kicker next year would be such a waste of a pick....and denver isnt gonna keep two kickers on the team.....

Jason Elam is a huge piece of Denver history.....I pray that he plays until he cant move his leg anymore....

as long as he stays above the 70% every year....im content....

he was 75% this last year....but if you exclude the 1-4 for field goals of 50+ then he was 82%....thats not bad at all....9-14 from 40-49
                        "I'm also serious when I say: You can't stop Elvis Dumervil; you can only hope to contain him." -Peter King-

sigpic
                        -The best in the business-

Comment

I agree about Crosby....

Elam doesn't have the leg he used to, and Crosby is coming at a pretty good time.

Not sure I advocate spending a first-rounder on him, but a second rounder I would be very happy with.

The other guy on my radar for 2007 is Jordan Palmer of UTEP...those two guys I think are coming at about the right time in accordance with Denver's needs.

Comment

Not in the world a first rounder.

If you haven't noticed the kicker that the Raiders drafted in the 1st was a bust with a name from the little mermaid..

Comment

This might just be the stupidest thread I have ever seen.
                              "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Comment

Working...
                              X