What's Up AT Dove Valley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Up AT Dove Valley?

Let's face it, our offseason has sucked so far...

We cry poverty, yet the Seattle Seahawks were just in the Super Bowl, and have re-signed their Big Guns Shaun Alexander and Steve Hutchison to HUGE contracts, that was after paying LT Walter Jones Huge Jack last offseason...

Then they still find a way to go out and sign Julian Peterson to Big Money and sign Nate Burleson to an offer sheet...

...and we have Nate Webster and Kenard Lane....

We have HUGE needs at RB, WR, TE and D-Line, and we have very little to show for ourselves...

For a team that was one game away from the Bowl, I think it is fair to say we have failed in improving ourselves in Free Agency, and with so many needs and only three Day One pix, we won't have the ammo to fill the holes we havein the Draft alone...

Very Poor Offseason so far...

Grade: D-

Hmmm, I disagree. I think signing Lepsis and Nalen were critical signings, and retaining Warren was good too. Don't forget we have one of the highest, if not the highest-paid offensive line in the league.

Plus last year, Plummer was working for peanuts. This year, we have to pay him like a real QB.

I think we're doing just fine and have a great core of guys. Add to that two first rounders and we're are going to be okay.

Comment

The salary cap I dont think had anything to do with our free agent signings. We have been in alot tighter situations with the cap before and signed alot of free agents. I just think they wernt as high on the crop of free agents out there. So why throw money around to these guys that are not worth it? Every other team that went out in free agency over spent on these guys because of the extra money and will probably pay for it when they dont get the production out of it. while we will still be in good shape next year.
      sigpic

Comment

Wahhh wahhh wahhh...

I WANT LAVAR ARRINGTON! I WANT REGGIE WAYNE! I WANT EDGE!

Comment

Wow....it's A Conspiracy!!!!

Originally posted by MindField

We cry poverty, yet the Seattle Seahawks were just in the Super Bowl, and have re-signed their Big Guns Shaun Alexander and Steve Hutchison to HUGE contracts, that was after paying LT Walter Jones Huge Jack last offseason...

Then they still find a way to go out and sign Julian Peterson to Big Money and sign Nate Burleson to an offer sheet...

We have HUGE needs at RB, WR, TE and D-Line, and we have very little to show for ourselves...
          For a team that was one game away from the Bowl, I think it is fair to say we have failed in improving ourselves in Free Agency, and with so many needs and only three Day One pix, we won't have the ammo to fill the holes we havein the Draft alone...

And I relied on the damn experts to tell me the truth that Hutchinson signed with the Vikings.....those damn pesky reporter lied to us all again! Get your facts straight if you're going to *****...otherwise you sound like an idiot!
          MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

Comment

Geeee, ya thank that's cuz they got mo' cap space than we doooo?

Oh wait, now that I actually read your post, I see that you say that Seattle has signed Hutchinson. At least get your facts straight if your gonna *****, cuz you already look bad enough...

Comment

Originally posted by IRISHIDIOT
              And I relied on the damn experts to tell me the truth that Hutchinson signed with the Vikings.....those damn pesky reporter lied to us all again! Get your facts straight if you're going to *****...otherwise you sound like an idiot!
              Damn, beat me to it...

Comment

wahhh wahhh wahhh, I WANT TO REPLACE THE STARTERS WE LOST WAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! NATE WEBTER AND A BROWNS CASTEOFF WONT CUT IT WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
                sigpic

Comment

On My Jock

Originally posted by WABronco
                  Wahhh wahhh wahhh...

I WANT LAVAR ARRINGTON! I WANT REGGIE WAYNE! I WANT EDGE!

You want a Brain, but I don't see that happenin' either...

Jerk off

Comment

Huge needs at RB/WR/TE/Dline? Pack it in...we're done!

You're right...we lose 2 players and we're screwed! Huge needs at RB???? The AZ Cardinals had huge needs at RB...The 49ers had huge needs at RB....the Jet's have HUUUUGE needs at RB. We're not so much. Yes we need a WR but at what cost? The WR class in the draft sucks! The FA pool sucked as well. What do you want...Burleson was still an unproven #1 WR...and $49mill is a friggin joke for that.

And as for the 3 picks in day 1....damn it's great to know there's a day two!
                    MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

Comment

You want a Brain, but I don't see that happenin' either...

Jerk off
                      I'm on your jock? Oooooookayyyyyy...

Comment

I'm tired of people saying that our offseason has been bad so far. We aren't even halfway through it yet and people are already saying we failed. There are still free agents to sign after the draft.

We may just wait till then and clear up some room and then bring in a stud. We can still sign good free agents, we can probably wait till august and we could still get a good guy to help out.

Aren't we supposed to have 3 picks on the first day anyway? So why r u saying that it's a bad thing that we have them earlier instead of later. What you are saying is retarded, I'd rather have three early picks than 3 late picks on the first day.
                        Last edited by WhatWould#7Do; 03-31-2006, 07:45 PM.
                        "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                        X