Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pick 22, Lendale or Deangelo

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • pick 22, Lendale or Deangelo

    At pick #22 we will most likely have our choice of either of these 2 running backs(or another player)!!! Which one do you want and why?
    83
    Lendale White
    31.33%
    26
    Deangelo Williams
    39.76%
    33
    Other
    28.92%
    24

  • #2
    i'll pass. we need help in too many other spots to take a rb in round one, imo.
    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


    "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ




    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bcbronc
      i'll pass. we need help in too many other spots to take a rb in round one, imo.
      Kiper has us taking Deangelo at 22 and Lendale going at 27, so that is my reasoning for this thread...I personally wouldnt mind either!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SeekandDestroy
        Kiper has us taking Deangelo at 22 and Lendale going at 27, so that is my reasoning for this thread...I personally wouldnt mind either!
        I'd like DeAngelo Williams because he seems to be more agile and versatile.
        MMA News
        MMA News 247

        Comment


        • #5
          Personally I would take White, Maroney, and Williams in that order.
          John 11: 25-27

          My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



          Thanks Snk16

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bcbronc
            i'll pass. we need help in too many other spots to take a rb in round one, imo.
            Exactly. We need pass rush, 5th worst sack total in the NFL (28) and people want to draft a position that produced a #2 rushing attack(6 yards behind #1). Doesn't make too much sense.


            As a matter of fact we were 4th worst in yards given up in pass defense, 12th worst in pass TDs given up, 2nd worst in completitions, and 4th worst in YPG. Drafting a DE will help 2 things, pass rush and pass defense. Pass rush causes the QB to hurry and less time for the WR to get open and it causes bad mistakes. Something that killed us all year.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by West
              Exactly. We need pass rush, 5th worst sack total in the NFL (28) and people want to draft a position that produced a #2 rushing attack(6 yards behind #1). Doesn't make too much sense.


              As a matter of fact we were 4th worst in yards given up in pass defense, 12th worst in pass TDs given up, 2nd worst in completitions, and 4th worst in YPG. Drafting a DE will help 2 things, pass rush and pass defense. Pass rush causes the QB to hurry and less time for the WR to get open and it causes bad mistakes. Something that killed us all year.
              I full heartily agree that we should draft a DE, but if I have been reading things correctly the DEs can be had at the 22nd pick. We also need more weapons on offense as well. A running back could make an impact rigth away, a TE maybe. Even good as Davis may turn out to be receivers in Shanahan's offense have generally adjusted slowly to his offense.
              John 11: 25-27

              My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams



              Thanks Snk16

              Comment


              • #8
                Dayne is recieving starting runningback money, I don't see us going RB in the 1st. I want Defense, and pray that Javon Walker or Mike Williams(in which case we'd have the 9th pick, according to rumors) will come our way.

                Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TXBRONC
                  I full heartily agree that we should draft a DE, but if I have been reading things correctly the DEs can be had at the 22nd pick. We also need more weapons on offense as well. A running back could make an impact rigth away, a TE maybe. Even good as Davis may turn out to be receivers in Shanahan's offense have generally adjusted slowly to his offense.
                  Davis isn't a receiver. This all may be true, but what your saying is that we should not draft a WR round 1 because of WRs progressing slowly? Ok. So you want Rod's numbers to slip because age(not because of talent) and Ashley to be Ashley. I don't understand. We need serious WR help TX.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    If I had to make a choice between the two I would pick Lendale White. Deangelo's injury history worries me a little. I agree with West we need DL. I would like to see us get Chad Jackson, or Maybe Santonio Holmes at 15. I just think Rod needs to start grooming a replacement. I would also be very happy to have Broderick Bunkley at 15. He's a stud and could cause pressure from inside. At 22 I would like Manny Lawson, or maybe Gabe Watson. Watson really scares me though he reminds me a bit of Gerard Warren unstoppable at times and lazy at others. He did look really impressive at the Senior Bowl and he could also generate a pass rush inside and occupy blockers/run stuffer. Lawson is super fast and it would be neet to see him giving OT and QB's hell with his speed.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by bcbronc
                      i'll pass. we need help in too many other spots to take a rb in round one, imo.
                      bcbronc must have read my mind on this one.
                      My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com




                      R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well everyone is entitled to an opinion. I'll go with De Angelo. A top flight RB would impact this team more than anything. Elway took us to the SB on his arm, what 3 times, and until he had an elite RB, and a decent defense, we finally got there and won it twice. I remember Green Bay having fits with Terell Davis, and a top flight running back would do the same for this team. We could use help at DE, but the offense has been neglected for to long. Lendale White has a problem with arrogance. Williams doesn't. He's coachable. He has the skills, and for once we would have a running back that actually puts fear into the other team. Why have this great line for the running game, and not have someone with the skills to take serious advantage of it. We are known for our running game. For Heaven's Sake, please give us a running back that can actually put up the numbers, and move the chains, and make us an offense that the other team fears playing against. The run sets up the pass in this offense that we have. Get De Angelo, and make a trade for JeVon Walker. We also need a boost in the offense too.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i voted other, we have more pressing needs, but just for the sake of answering the question, i would take deangelo over lendale. . .
                          Officially Objectified by the GPA

                          rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bcbronc
                            i'll pass. we need help in too many other spots to take a rb in round one, imo.

                            Agree....we can wait on an RB if needed later in the draft....WR and DL is much needed.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Laurence Maroney
                              1a Chad Jackson WR Florida
                              1b Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota
                              2 Daryl Tapp De Virginia Tech
                              4comp Dusty Dvoracek DT Oklahoma
                              4 Greg Blue S Georgia
                              4 Brandon Marshall WR Central Florida
                              6 Chris Gocong De Cal-Poly

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X