Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes we do need to get a WR on board....

Originally posted by West
    Davis isn't a receiver. This all may be true, but what your saying is that we should not draft a WR round 1 because of WRs progressing slowly? Ok. So you want Rod's numbers to slip because age(not because of talent) and Ashley to be Ashley. I don't understand. We need serious WR help TX.
    You're right....but who exactly in the draft is going to do it. FACT CHECK. Ashley was a #12 overall pick. Darius was a 2nd round choice. They both put up #'s that destroyed the #'s the current top 5 have. In the past 3 years the Broncos' have drated a WR in the first 2 rounds. If you're not impressed with their performance drafting one of the mediocre WR from this class will be great if you're looking for a #3. NONE of these WR are #1's. That's what you're looking for. FYI - Davis IS a receiver. He ran the 40 faster than 3 of the top 5 so I'd say he's a pretty fast receiver @ 250+ lbs. If you want a proven WR you have to trade for 1. Unfortunately, the team that is stacked right now is Detroit and they're having problems with Charles Rogers and Mike Williams. Rogers can't stay healthy and is a party animal...and BIG MIKE....must have spent alot of time with BIG LENDALE...as they're both fat no-work ethic ego maniac USC products.

So why blow the WR pick this year when next years WR class is MUCH MUCH more promising. Address spot needs like DE, TE, S, RB if they feel so inclined @ 22 but don't waste the #15 on a WR that is only a #3.
    MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

Comment

Originally posted by West
      Davis isn't a receiver. This all may be true, but what your saying is that we should not draft a WR round 1 because of WRs progressing slowly? Ok. So you want Rod's numbers to slip because age(not because of talent) and Ashley to be Ashley. I don't understand. We need serious WR help TX.
      What I'm saying is that if we draft a wr even in the first round its doubtful he could make much of a contribution immediately. Shanahan believes he's on the cusp of another Super Bowl run, drafting a player who can't make much of an impact this season wont get it done imho. Therefore, drafting the likes of DT, DE and RB those guys have much greater chance to contribute right away.

I'm not against drafting a wr just not the first round because I don't think one can make a the kind of impact we need to get us to the promised land. However, if draft a wr I'll be just as excited because I enjoy this team.

Where are you getting this idea that I want Rod's numbers to slip? I like the old man as much anyone and want to play as long as can be productive and as long as he wants to play.
      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Originally posted by IRISHIDIOT
        You're right....but who exactly in the draft is going to do it. FACT CHECK. Ashley was a #12 overall pick. Darius was a 2nd round choice. They both put up #'s that destroyed the #'s the current top 5 have. In the past 3 years the Broncos' have drated a WR in the first 2 rounds. If you're not impressed with their performance drafting one of the mediocre WR from this class will be great if you're looking for a #3. NONE of these WR are #1's. That's what you're looking for. FYI - Davis IS a receiver. He ran the 40 faster than 3 of the top 5 so I'd say he's a pretty fast receiver @ 250+ lbs. If you want a proven WR you have to trade for 1. Unfortunately, the team that is stacked right now is Detroit and they're having problems with Charles Rogers and Mike Williams. Rogers can't stay healthy and is a party animal...and BIG MIKE....must have spent alot of time with BIG LENDALE...as they're both fat no-work ethic ego maniac USC products.

So why blow the WR pick this year when next years WR class is MUCH MUCH more promising. Address spot needs like DE, TE, S, RB if they feel so inclined @ 22 but don't waste the #15 on a WR that is only a #3.
        Good post Irish, just one thing. Ashley was the 19th overall pick in his draft class.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Working...
        X