Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shanahan impressed with Terrell

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shanahan impressed with Terrell

    Originally posted by The Denver Post
    Terrell impresses

    Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said this week at the NFL owners meetings that he believes David Terrell can be an impact player at receiver. Terrell has been on Denver's roster since the second week of the season but played rarely.

    Still, after he learned Denver's system, the former No. 8 overall pick is going to get the opportunity to be Denver's No. 3 receiver this year.

    "David Terrell can be very good," Shanahan said. "He has a real chance."

    Shanahan said he still believes Darius Watts can be productive in Denver.

    A second-round pick in 2004 and No. 3 receiver as a rookie, Watts dropped to the No. 6 receiver in 2005 and was a nonfactor after dropping several passes during the preseason.

    "Darius just has to get consistent," Shanahan said.
    http://www.denverpost.com/ci_3663811

  • #2
    WHAT ABOUT LELIE! We need to get a consistent receiver to replace him.

    FOR EXAMPLE JAVON WALKER

    B-Marsh owning Al Harris(Aka: the supposed most physical corner in the league)

    Mock Draft:

    **If Ellis/Dorsey fall**

    1) Dorsey or Ellis(whoever falls)
    2) Devin Thomas
    4) Frank Okam
    4) Beau Bell

    **If Ellis/Dorsey dont fall**

    1) Desean Jackson
    2) Pat Sims or Trevor Laws(whoever falls)
    4) Frank Okam
    4) Beau Bell

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by broncs2bowl
      WHAT ABOUT LELIE! We need to get a consistent receiver to replace him.

      FOR EXAMPLE JAVON WALKER
      Why because he only had 700 yards as a #2 reciever, named 5 #2's that had more.

      Now if you notice are 3rd recievers yards dropped off greatly after Lelie, Lelie is fine, we just need a #3 to stretch the field for him.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Domostick
        Why because he only had 700 yards as a #2 reciever, named 5 #2's that had more.
        Anquan Boldin
        Terry Glenn
        Reggie Wayne
        Tj Houshmandzadeh
        Donte Stalworth
        Jerry Porter
        Kevin Curtis

        LOL you lose
        sigpic

        Broncs All the Way Baby!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
          Anquan Boldin
          Terry Glenn
          Reggie Wayne
          Tj Houshmandzadeh
          Donte Stalworth
          Jerry Porter
          Kevin Curtis

          LOL you lose
          Curtis is a #3 too lol.
          sigpic

          Broncs All the Way Baby!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
            Curtis is a #3 too lol.
            Oh wait, aren't all those guys on pass heavy offenses?

            Comment


            • #7
              And isn't Boldin a #1?



              Too soon, D-Will, too soon.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Domostick
                Oh wait, aren't all those guys on pass heavy offenses?
                Nope. TJ, Donte, and Terry are actually on balanced offenses.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Inkana7
                  And isn't Boldin a #1?
                  Fine then we say Fitzgerald if Boldin were a 1. It doesn't really make a difference.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    wow, first they tell us we're set at D-line, now terrell is going to be an impact #3 WR. . . maybe we don't have any holes after all? we couldn't possibly draft 3 TEs could we?





                    JUST KIDDING!! i want terrell to do well as much as anyone else, and if he's showing signs of it then that's very encouraging. . . now let's see what dinger can do with watts. . .
                    Officially Objectified by the GPA

                    rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
                      Curtis is a #3 too lol.

                      Who was playing #2 or #1 for a good stretch of the time due to injuries.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by West
                        Nope. TJ, Donte, and Terry are actually on balanced offenses.
                        TJ's in a pass 1st offense the Bengals liked to run a no huddle offense often during the game. Because Palmer actually played better that way and was emulating Manning. Also we run the ball a lot more than we pass it, so comparing us to other teams that are more pass happy is kind of like comparing apples to oranges.
                        sigpic
                        PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                        You Shed Tears of Scarlet

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I thought this was about David Terrell,not yet another Ashley Lelie bash session.
                          1a Chad Jackson WR Florida
                          1b Laurence Maroney RB Minnesota
                          2 Daryl Tapp De Virginia Tech
                          4comp Dusty Dvoracek DT Oklahoma
                          4 Greg Blue S Georgia
                          4 Brandon Marshall WR Central Florida
                          6 Chris Gocong De Cal-Poly

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by broncs2bowl
                            WHAT ABOUT LELIE! We need to get a consistent receiver to replace him.

                            FOR EXAMPLE JAVON WALKER
                            replace him? I would admit he is progressing slowly but non the less, he is progressing. I don't want to se Lelie go anywhere, I really like how defenses have to respect his downfield threat. That gives us even more running ability when the strong safty has to pull back into coverage instead of playing the run. Lelie might never be true #1 we want but he will always be an excellent #2 to compliment the #1 spot.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jvw
                              replace him? I would admit he is progressing slowly but non the less, he is progressing. I don't want to se Lelie go anywhere, I really like how defenses have to respect his downfield threat. That gives us even more running ability when the strong safty has to pull back into coverage instead of playing the run. Lelie might never be true #1 we want but he will always be an excellent #2 to compliment the #1 spot.


                              people are kinda all-or-nothing around here-- if a young player hasn't become a super-star, they wanna get rid of him. . . and draft a less-proven player to replace him. . .

                              Officially Objectified by the GPA

                              rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X