Shanahan impressed with Terrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perry1977
    Who was playing #2 or #1 for a good stretch of the time due to injuries.
    Ya I know, but he is the #3.
    sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
      Ya I know, but he is the #3.

Chalk one up to making no sense whatsoever.

Comment

Chalk one up to making no sense whatsoever.
        #3 on the depth chart, chalk one up for being ignorant..
        sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
          people are kinda all-or-nothing around here-- if a young player hasn't become a super-star, they wanna get rid of him. . . and draft a less-proven player to replace him. . .

I wouldn't say that. It seems people keep waiting for a breakout year for lelie and it just hasn't happened yet. IMO, he has the tools, but hasn't shown flashes of greatness yet. You can tell when a WR is going to bust out and have a great year. I would be surprised if his numbers dramatically improved next year. Yes, he did get better as the season went along, but I can't see it getting much better than what we've see out of him. He's fast and has good hands, but he's not a well-rounded WR. Very one dimensional.

He's a good reciever, just not a great one.
          sigpic

Comment

#3 on the depth chart, chalk one up for being ignorant..

Okay, so by your reasoning, Reuben Droughns is a better back than Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell.

Way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by RazR
              I wouldn't say that. It seems people keep waiting for a breakout year for lelie and it just hasn't happened yet. IMO, he has the tools, but hasn't shown flashes of greatness yet. You can tell when a WR is going to bust out and have a great year. I would be surprised if his numbers dramatically improved next year. Yes, he did get better as the season went along, but I can't see it getting much better than what we've see out of him. He's fast and has good hands, but he's not a well-rounded WR. Very one dimensional.

He's a good reciever, just not a great one.

i would basically agree with this, he is indeed pretty one-dimensional. . . i don't expect him to ever be a true #1-- but i have read plenty of posts saying we should get rid of him, or that he is no good, and it's clearly not true. . . i would love him to be the next chad johnson, but he's not gonna-- he still has a fair amount of value to the team, though!

his stats were down a bit this year, but last year's stats of 1000 yards and 6 TDs, while leading the league in ypc, were perfectly acceptable for a #2 in a run-heavy offense-- it's certainly not unreasonable to expect he can duplicate those stas again, he is young and hasn't lost any talent since last year. . .

he lacks toughness and consistency, but still has great value as an explosive deep threat who can stretch the field and help keep the D honest-- he does draw some double coverage. . . so basically, i agree that he's good but obviously not great-- i just take exception to too many posts that i've read saying we should trade or replace him just because he isn't a #1. . . after all, you need a #2 also, and he's a pretty good one-- and the only young talent we have at the position right now, unless you count darius watts. . .

EDIT: so, uhh. . .

how about david terrell, everybody?

Last edited by dogfish; 04-02-2006, 01:52 PM.
              Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

Originally posted by vicious2500
                TJ's in a pass 1st offense the Bengals liked to run a no huddle offense often during the game. Because Palmer actually played better that way and was emulating Manning. Also we run the ball a lot more than we pass it, so comparing us to other teams that are more pass happy is kind of like comparing apples to oranges.
                Hense the words in his post: Pass Heavy. Cincy was nowhere near 'Pass Heavy', they had a back that ran for over 1400 yards.

Ashley is probably the most inconsistent #2 in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by West
                  Hense the words in his post: Pass Heavy. Cincy was nowhere near 'Pass Heavy', they had a back that ran for over 1400 yards.

Yeah and we had 2 RB's almost crack 2,000 yards rushing and Rod smith had over 1,000 yards recieving and a 2nd WR with over 700 receiving, 12 catches for over 20 yards and 5 catches for over 40 yards. You guys just want to dump him because he willn't replace Rod? How about we find somebody to compliement Lelie for the future which would be getting another player similar to Smith who runs exceptional routes and goes over the middle.

This would make a lot more sense then dumping Lelie getting rid of the only youth on our team that's actually doing something and is respected over the league and is covered by teams top corner also taking a safety out of the play drawing htem both downfield. Thus opening up more space for for our possesion WR (Smith), TE, RB and possibly a slot WR. Who else do we currently have on our roster that will replace Lelie's production the leagues best deep threat? I'd also like the stats on other run heavy teams WR's moreso their 2nd WR than their #1 WR so we can see how bad Lelie did this year.
                  sigpic
                  PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
                  You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by dogfish
                    i would basically agree with this, he is indeed pretty one-dimensional. . . i don't expect him to ever be a true #1-- but i have read plenty of posts saying we should get rid of him, or that he is no good, and it's clearly not true. . . i would love him to be the next chad johnson, but he's not gonna-- he still has a fair amount of value to the team, though!

his stats were down a bit this year, but last year's stats of 1000 yards and 6 TDs, while leading the league in ypc, were perfectly acceptable for a #2 in a run-heavy offense-- it's certainly not unreasonable to expect he can duplicate those stas again, he is young and hasn't lost any talent since last year. . .

he lacks toughness and consistency, but still has great value as an explosive deep threat who can stretch the field and help keep the D honest-- he does draw some double coverage. . . so basically, i agree that he's good but obviously not great-- i just take exception to too many posts that i've read saying we should trade or replace him just because he isn't a #1. . . after all, you need a #2 also, and he's a pretty good one-- and the only young talent we have at the position right now, unless you count darius watts. . .

EDIT: so, uhh. . .

how about david terrell, everybody?

I think his job at #2 may be in jeopardy depending on what happens during the draft or via trade. The fact the Broncos are interested in a WR tells me that they are none too happy anout Lelie's progression. That's my take on it anyways.

Terrell isn't anything more than a solid #3 reciever. It's hard to get excited about a guy who will only catch a pass when we're 3rd & long. He could maybe challenge Lelie for the #2 spot but that's really a long shot.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by West

Based on what, West? The fact that he dropped less than five passes all year? The fact that Jake can't hit him in stride like the good quarterbacks in the league can?

Lelie blocked well, caught the ball well, and worked the sideline better than anybody else in the league. It's not his fault that he has to turn around and wait for the ball when he has 5 yards on the defensive back.

Explain inconsistent.

Comment

Anquan Boldin
                        Terry Glenn
                        Reggie Wayne
                        Tj Houshmandzadeh
                        Donte Stalworth
                        Jerry Porter
                        Kevin Curtis

LOL you lose

Every one of the teams that those players were/are on put the ball up more than we did.
                        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Alright.

Originally posted by Gary Kubiak
                          "If I told you I think this half of the season he's played as well as he's played for us in his career, it might be hard to understand. But he really has," Kubiak said. "Go back to Buffalo and really study the film.

" The kid makes two great blocks that we score on. He's become a complete player. And the last few weeks, he's really opened things up. I don't just go off numbers. I go off how he plays in every phase of the game. And the thing I like right now is, his confidence is really high as we go into the playoffs."
                          http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drm...348843,00.html

Comment

I am very much looking forward to seeing what Terrell does in camp this year.
                            John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

Well that was nice to know.

At least I know that Shanny still knows Darius Watts exists lol. I'd like to keep up to date with him because I like Darius Watts as a WR if he could become consistent.
                              MMA News
                              MMA News 247

Comment

Originally posted by Domostick
                                Why because he only had 700 yards as a #2 reciever, named 5 #2's that had more.

Now if you notice are 3rd recievers yards dropped off greatly after Lelie, Lelie is fine, we just need a #3 to stretch the field for him.
                                Well you forgot the CONSISTENT part. He gets his like 40 yards per catch. He is just not consistent enough. Im not saying he is bad, I like him, he just aint consistent enough.

B-Marsh owning Al Harris(Aka: the supposed most physical corner in the league)

Mock Draft:

**If Ellis/Dorsey fall**

1) Dorsey or Ellis(whoever falls)
                                2) Devin Thomas
                                4) Frank Okam
                                4) Beau Bell

**If Ellis/Dorsey dont fall**

1) Desean Jackson
                                2) Pat Sims or Trevor Laws(whoever falls)
                                4) Frank Okam
                                4) Beau Bell

Comment

Working...
                                X