Shanahan impressed with Terrell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXBRONC
    Every one of the teams that those players were/are on put the ball up more than we did.
    Ya but he didn't say 5 players from a run oriented team...
    sigpic

Broncs All the Way Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
      I did in post #23 and I'm still waiting on that list.
      sigpic
      PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
      You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBailey024
        It doesn't matter if the other guy did or didn't point it out, I am pointing it out.
        John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I thought this thread was about David Terell. I think he will do fine, if he wants it bad enough. Apparently he is already at Dove Valley, working on his skills, and preparing for the upcoming season. Perhaps he got a slow start with all of the QB changes in Chicago, and maybe he is a late bloomer. However, I like the drive and determination he is presently showing. Hey, he was a number 8 in the draft. Maybe he didn't catch on with all of the problems and turn over in QB personel, SO I reserve judgement until I see what he can or can't do. Apparently the coaches are pleased with his progress, and maybe we might get lucky.

As for A.L., he is doing fine. If Rod Smith is happy with him, so am I.

Comment

Originally posted by champbronc2
            Well that was nice to know.

At least I know that Shanny still knows Darius Watts exists lol. I'd like to keep up to date with him because I like Darius Watts as a WR if he could become consistent.

ya, watts showed he can get open against nfl defenses. and he showed in college that he can catch the ball. and remeber his first training camp, when he was making all those circus catches? i think not holding on to the ball was more of a mental thing. hopefully he works hard and comes into camp with his confidence up.

terrell doesnt have to live up to his #8 draft choice to be a big plus for us. if he can come in and make some 3rd down catches underneath and be presence in the redzone, he could be huge. he has good size and good hands. i think its pretty hard to really give a fair evaluation of his abilities from his days in chicago. they are a pretty predictable offense at the best of time, but going through 9 qb's in 4 years, or whatever it was, does nothing to help that.

if watts can run routes like he did as a rookie but become more consistant holding on to the ball, and if terrell can show he is an nfl talent, we would have a pretty decent top 4 recievers. im not saying they would be the best in the league or anything, but the potential is there to have a pretty dynamic recieving corp. then adams or devoe can battle it out for the 5th spot with a late round rookie.

its really going to be interesting to see how much of an impact dinger will have on watts, terrells and lelies games.
            "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx

"And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ

Comment

Originally posted by bcbronc
              ya, watts showed he can get open against nfl defenses. and he showed in college that he can catch the ball. and remeber his first training camp, when he was making all those circus catches? i think not holding on to the ball was more of a mental thing. hopefully he works hard and comes into camp with his confidence up.

terrell doesnt have to live up to his #8 draft choice to be a big plus for us. if he can come in and make some 3rd down catches underneath and be presence in the redzone, he could be huge. he has good size and good hands. i think its pretty hard to really give a fair evaluation of his abilities from his days in chicago. they are a pretty predictable offense at the best of time, but going through 9 qb's in 4 years, or whatever it was, does nothing to help that.

if watts can run routes like he did as a rookie but become more consistant holding on to the ball, and if terrell can show he is an nfl talent, we would have a pretty decent top 4 recievers. im not saying they would be the best in the league or anything, but the potential is there to have a pretty dynamic recieving corp. then adams or devoe can battle it out for the 5th spot with a late round rookie.

its really going to be interesting to see how much of an impact dinger will have on watts, terrells and lelies games.
              I am delighted by Terrell's attitude. I remain concerned that he couldn't move up the depth chart last year, but his size makes him an intriguing fit as the #3 WR...... and I've long been a Michigan fan, so I'm definitely pulling for him. Adding 1 more veteran WR (to compete for the #3 spot) would eliminate our need for drafting a WR before the 4th rd., IMO. As it stands, I would rank DT and TE our top 2 need positions......followed by WR and DE. 2 DL and a TE with the 1st 3 picks would be my preference. I'd like to see Watts get another shot, but it will take more than a quote or 2 from Shanahan to convince me he hasn't already been written off. That being said, I hope Watts has a HUGE training camp/pre-season to force his way into the #4 spot.
              Last edited by keithbishop; 04-03-2006, 12:39 PM.
              My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

i think he might be good enough to take lelies spot and then just think about it, if we ran a 3 WR play then the opposing teams 3rd string corner would be on him. in other words ALL DAY BABY!!!!!!
                "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos86
                  i think he might be good enough to take lelies spot and then just think about it, if we ran a 3 WR play then the opposing teams 3rd string corner would be on him. in other words ALL DAY BABY!!!!!!
                  To become our 2nd WR or higher you have to be a good blocker. I don't think Terrells a good enough blocker to do so. SO him being our #2 WR is histrical.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vicious2500
                    To become our 2nd WR or higher you have to be a good blocker. I don't think Terrells a good enough blocker to do so. SO him being our #2 WR is histrical.

I donno, man, Terrell is our biggest receiver on the roster at 6'3" 212 lbs. Sounds like he'd be pretty good at getting in peoples' way.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos86
                      I don't think Terrell would be able to supplant Lelie as the number two. First off, he doesn't have the speed to to strectch the defense and thus open the underneath routes for Rod. Secondly, from what I have read they are looking at Terrell to specifically to be the number three receiver. It seems to me Lelie's job is not in jeopardy.
                      Last edited by TXBRONC; 04-04-2006, 09:58 PM.
                      John 11: 25-27

My Adopt-A-Bronco is D.J. Williams

Thanks Snk16

Comment

I don't think Terrell would be able to suppant Lelie as the number two. First off, he doesn't have the speed to to strectch the defense and thus open the underneath routes for Rod. Secondly, from what I have read they are looking at Terrell to specifically to be the number three receiver. It seems to me Lelie's job is not in jeopardy.
                        What? You don't think 4.42 speed is good enough to stretch defenses?

And if you know Shanny like I know Shanny, you understand that he qualifies the player for the position.

If DT is good enough for #2, he will be #2. If not . . .

-----

Comment

I don't think Terrell would be able to suppant Lelie as the number two. First off, he doesn't have the speed to to strectch the defense and thus open the underneath routes for Rod. Secondly, from what I have read they are looking at Terrell to specifically to be the number three receiver. It seems to me Lelie's job is not in jeopardy.
                          Actually he would suppliment Lelie, because Lelie's the burner in our offese. The question is can he run routes down to the tee. He'd become the possesion replacing Rod in the future, in essence becoming the #2 WR as Lelie moved into the #1 slot.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X