Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To draft V. Davis

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • To draft V. Davis

    There are many mock drafts dated after April 1 speculating V. Davis going between picks 9 and 11.

    If Davis is available at Detroit's pick #9 (worth 1350pts) do you think Denver should trade pick #15 (1050 pts), Pick #61 (292 pts) in the second and Denver's sixth round pick next year to get him?

    or

    Wait to see if Davis falls to Arizona's pick #10 (1300 pts) and offer them pick #15 and pick #61 for Arizona's pick #10 and their fifth #138 (37 pts).

    What do you think?
    78
    No trades! Keep all our picks and draft from the available players.
    29.49%
    23
    Offer trade to Detroit for pick #9.
    39.74%
    31
    Wait and offer a trade to Arizona for pick #10.
    15.38%
    12
    Vernon Davis is not worth a trade.
    15.38%
    12

  • #2
    To both questions:

    HELL YES

    Comment


    • #3
      I would do either as well.

      Davis has too much talent to pass up at number 9 and with the great move from #29 to #15 in the trade with Atl. and NY Jets, Denver doesn't have to offer as much to be in position to grab him.

      Comment


      • #4
        I say NO! Davis will be gone before 9, and if he is there, trading a 1st and a 2nd is not worth it. The Defensive rookie of the year last year was a second round pick and last year's draft wasn't as deep as this year's.
        Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

        Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith


        Comment


        • #5
          IF V. Davis falls to the ninth pick, I would trade the #15 and #61 pick in a heartbeat. The Broncos would still have 2 first round picks and they would be picking up the best TE/WR in the draft. This guy showed amazing ability as a terp and he could be the franchise TE we have all been looking for since SS left. With TE being one of the biggest question mark on the team, I can not see Shanny passing him up at #9. However, I still don't think he is going to last that long.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SM19
            No. The defensive rookie of the year last year was Shawne Merriman, the 12th overall pick.

            If Davis is there at 9, he'll still be there at 10. Taking another receiver in the top 10 this year would probably get Matt Millen canned. On the other hand, Detroit may be more willing to trade down than Arizona will be.

            I totally agree with you! The reason I put the option of trading with Detroit is because I didn't think Arizona would agree to the trade.



            Originally posted by no-pseudo-fan
            I say NO! Davis will be gone before 9, and if he is there, trading a 1st and a 2nd is not worth it. The Defensive rookie of the year last year was a second round pick and last year's draft wasn't as deep as this year's.
            It is possible and maybe likely Davis will be taken by SF, Oak, or Buf. but it is by no means crazy to think Davis would be available even at picks #11 - #15. If SF takes Huff I think he will be drafted either with pick #10 or #11.

            If he gets that close and we don't make an offer to move up and pick him it will be a mistake.

            Denver has needs at both WR and TE. Vernon Davis helps in both areas and we still have our pick at #22 to either go RB or help the defense. Davis is a better player than any other WR in the draft and will be a nightmare for LB, CB or safeties to cover.

            I hope he falls to us at #15 but I can't see him getting past the Rams at #11.

            Comment


            • #7
              Every day of the week!

              Originally posted by eabort
              There are many mock drafts dated after April 1 speculating V. Davis going between picks 9 and 11.

              If Davis is available at Detroit's pick #9 (worth 1350pts) do you think Denver should trade pick #15 (1050 pts), Pick #61 (292 pts) in the second and Denver's sixth round pick next year to get him?

              or

              Wait to see if Davis falls to Arizona's pick #10 (1300 pts) and offer them pick #15 and pick #61 for Arizona's pick #10 and their fifth #138 (37 pts).

              What do you think?
              Davis is a phenom....a prototypical game breaking TE. Why use quantity of picks when you can get 2 quality starters....do the trade...take Davis @ 9 if he's still there. Don't do the trade unless he's there....then take a DE at #22. Denver really shouldn't take a 1st round RB...so they can address a depth in the 4th. Might as well get quality over quantity.
              MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by IRISHIDIOT
                Davis is a phenom....a prototypical game breaking TE. Why use quantity of picks when you can get 2 quality starters....do the trade...take Davis @ 9 if he's still there. Don't do the trade unless he's there....then take a DE at #22. Denver really shouldn't take a 1st round RB...so they can address a depth in the 4th. Might as well get quality over quantity.
                That would be a great first round!

                V. Davis and a DL.
                Last edited by eabort; 04-03-2006, 10:33 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  i would love to get v davis, he will be a great addition to our passing game
                  "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I would have a smile on my face for months and maybe even years if we get Davis and still keep our 22.
                    BRONCOS fan is in my blood!
                    IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/vannote/cutlersig.jpg[/IMG]

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The #'s are in our favor!

                      Originally posted by bornbroncofan
                      I would have a smile on my face for months and maybe even years if we get Davis and still keep our 22.
                      Denver has the firepower to pull this trade off...which may be why we moved to #15 with the Atlanta trade. a #9 or #10 pick would only take our #15, #61 and a 6th rounder. That would move us into position for Vernon Davis....and then you still have #22 to blast away with either a DE or a RB if Shanahan so desires. Either way...if you add Davis...the Bronco's O takes on another dimension....the guy run's the 40 .35 slower than Reggie Bush!!!!! I'd be perfectly happy with this scenario.
                      MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The only way I would make this trade is if we don't lose any first day picks. If we did this trade and ended up with 3 first day picks, I'd be happy, but if we would end up with 2 picks on the first day I say don't do it. The draft is too deep to lose more first day picks.
                        "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

                        "If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by IRISHIDIOT
                          Denver has the firepower to pull this trade off...which may be why we moved to #15 with the Atlanta trade. a #9 or #10 pick would only take our #15, #61 and a 6th rounder. That would move us into position for Vernon Davis....and then you still have #22 to blast away with either a DE or a RB if Shanahan so desires. Either way...if you add Davis...the Bronco's O takes on another dimension....the guy run's the 40 .35 slower than Reggie Bush!!!!! I'd be perfectly happy with this scenario.


                          Vernon Davis and Kiwi anyone?

                          Problem is, I don't think VD gets past SF @ #6.

                          And we are about 300 points shy of pulling ths off with #15 and #61 (1600 - SF, as oposed to our 1334)

                          Now if we throw in #15 and #22 we have 1830. We could stop right here and probably get their 3rd rounder. Giving us #6, #61, and #70.

                          Or if we throw in a player (tatum) we can proabably get away with their 2nd. Giving us #6, #38, and #61.

                          So many scenarios... I just hope Shanny was listening to Mortenson this morning, and got a little seed planted in his brain about trading up for Vernon (if it wasn't already there).


                          [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            They'd have to package a 4th or 6th or an '07 pick as well.

                            Originally posted by BroncoFanCam


                            Vernon Davis and Kiwi anyone?

                            Problem is, I don't think VD gets past SF @ #6.

                            And we are about 300 points shy of pulling ths off with #15 and #61 (1600 - SF, as oposed to our 1334)

                            Now if we throw in #15 and #22 we have 1830. We could stop right here and probably get their 3rd rounder. Giving us #6, #61, and #70.

                            Or if we throw in a player (tatum) we can proabably get away with their 2nd. Giving us #6, #38, and #61.

                            So many scenarios... I just hope Shanny was listening to Mortenson this morning, and got a little seed planted in his brain about trading up for Vernon (if it wasn't already there).
                            They can do it with the #15, #61 and a 4th...or package a 2007 #2 or #3 and you're in .....The biggest thing is that Detroit has come out saying they would like to be further down the board and pick up an additional pick or two...so they're shopping it. They've spent alot of money the past few years on high 1st round picks and they're trargeting guys in the mid to late 1st round this year so the benefit is there for both teams. What's up with the guy above stating he only does this trade if we keep both 1st rounders!?!?!? How precisely would you recommend gettting that trade done if you don't trade a draft pick...just by saying pretty please...they'll let us have it?
                            MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by IRISHIDIOT
                              They can do it with the #15, #61 and a 4th...or package a 2007 #2 or #3 and you're in .....The biggest thing is that Detroit has come out saying they would like to be further down the board and pick up an additional pick or two...so they're shopping it. They've spent alot of money the past few years on high 1st round picks and they're trargeting guys in the mid to late 1st round this year so the benefit is there for both teams. What's up with the guy above stating he only does this trade if we keep both 1st rounders!?!?!? How precisely would you recommend gettting that trade done if you don't trade a draft pick...just by saying pretty please...they'll let us have it?
                              For some reason I hadn't even thought of future picks... good call.

                              And as for the bit in red...

                              I was wondering the same thing... how do you move up in a draft without losing any 1-2-3 round picks?!?!?!?!
                              Last edited by BroncoFanCam; 04-04-2006, 01:14 AM.


                              [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X