X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    Originally posted by IRISHIDIOT
    I've said it before...tradeup and Draft Vernon @ #9....then turn around with #22 and take a DE. Forget about #61....take two top 25 players in the country that can play immediately and make an impact. A TE that can run a 4.3 40 is a WR....a really big one. So it address' the TE need and the extra receiver need at the same time. Then take a premier DE/DT/RB....The current depth at Dline has me thinking that they're not going to address that in the draft....I dunno it just seems that they've commited to pluggin Lang in and going with their current line...so a RB like Maroney or DeAngelo at #22 is not far fetched...although completely out of character. If they take Davis and a DE though they'd be immediate impact players and only help. There's no downside.
    I agree with your scenario, lets just hope Vernon makes it to #9.

With players like Winston putting on a spectacle, it increases the chances of him slipping a couple spots, just due to team need.

Leave a comment:

• IRISHIDIOT
    replied
    It would be awesome....

Originally posted by Dry Kill Logic
    I say we trade for him.
    I've said it before...tradeup and Draft Vernon @ #9....then turn around with #22 and take a DE. Forget about #61....take two top 25 players in the country that can play immediately and make an impact. A TE that can run a 4.3 40 is a WR....a really big one. So it address' the TE need and the extra receiver need at the same time. Then take a premier DE/DT/RB....The current depth at Dline has me thinking that they're not going to address that in the draft....I dunno it just seems that they've commited to pluggin Lang in and going with their current line...so a RB like Maroney or DeAngelo at #22 is not far fetched...although completely out of character. If they take Davis and a DE though they'd be immediate impact players and only help. There's no downside.

Leave a comment:

• Dry Kill Logic
    replied
    I say we trade for him.

Leave a comment:

• IRISHIDIOT
    replied
    Exactly...

Originally posted by P-NUT33
    Veron will get passed SF they have Eric Johnson he wastheir leading Reicver in 2003and 2004 i think he is soo good. Just veryunderatted.
    Right now I have Vernon Davis going 10 or 11. The Cardinals needs a TE...but they also need a QB. I don't see Vernon making it past the Ram's though...they'd take him there...although a pass catching TE really doesn't fit their formal mold...but new coach new system. Trading up to #9 or #10 with the #15 #61 and a 2007 #5 would do exactly what we need....Detroit get's the most mileage out of the deal with the positions they're looking to fill.

Leave a comment:

• P-NUT33
    replied
    Veron will get passed SF they have Eric Johnson he wastheir leading Reicver in 2003and 2004 i think he is soo good. Just veryunderatted.

Leave a comment:

• Shalom
    replied
    There is no way we could get the number 9 pick without trading one of our first rounders.

That would be amazing if we could! Unless we had to give up DJ, Wilson, or Bailey. It won't happen!

Maybe Detroit really wants another WR and instead of drafting another one with their first pick they will just trade us the #9 pick for Ashley Lelie. JK!

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    They can do it with the #15, #61 and a 4th...or package a 2007 #2 or #3 and you're in .....The biggest thing is that Detroit has come out saying they would like to be further down the board and pick up an additional pick or two...so they're shopping it. They've spent alot of money the past few years on high 1st round picks and they're trargeting guys in the mid to late 1st round this year so the benefit is there for both teams. What's up with the guy above stating he only does this trade if we keep both 1st rounders!?!?!? How precisely would you recommend gettting that trade done if you don't trade a draft pick...just by saying pretty please...they'll let us have it?
    For some reason I hadn't even thought of future picks... good call.

And as for the bit in red...

I was wondering the same thing... how do you move up in a draft without losing any 1-2-3 round picks?!?!?!?!
    Last edited by BroncoFanCam; 04-04-2006, 12:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IRISHIDIOT
    replied
    They'd have to package a 4th or 6th or an '07 pick as well.

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam

Vernon Davis and Kiwi anyone?

Problem is, I don't think VD gets past SF @ #6.

And we are about 300 points shy of pulling ths off with #15 and #61 (1600 - SF, as oposed to our 1334)

Now if we throw in #15 and #22 we have 1830. We could stop right here and probably get their 3rd rounder. Giving us #6, #61, and #70.

Or if we throw in a player (tatum) we can proabably get away with their 2nd. Giving us #6, #38, and #61.

So many scenarios... I just hope Shanny was listening to Mortenson this morning, and got a little seed planted in his brain about trading up for Vernon (if it wasn't already there).
    They can do it with the #15, #61 and a 4th...or package a 2007 #2 or #3 and you're in .....The biggest thing is that Detroit has come out saying they would like to be further down the board and pick up an additional pick or two...so they're shopping it. They've spent alot of money the past few years on high 1st round picks and they're trargeting guys in the mid to late 1st round this year so the benefit is there for both teams. What's up with the guy above stating he only does this trade if we keep both 1st rounders!?!?!? How precisely would you recommend gettting that trade done if you don't trade a draft pick...just by saying pretty please...they'll let us have it?

Leave a comment:

• BroncoFanCam
    replied
    Denver has the firepower to pull this trade off...which may be why we moved to #15 with the Atlanta trade. a #9 or #10 pick would only take our #15, #61 and a 6th rounder. That would move us into position for Vernon Davis....and then you still have #22 to blast away with either a DE or a RB if Shanahan so desires. Either way...if you add Davis...the Bronco's O takes on another dimension....the guy run's the 40 .35 slower than Reggie Bush!!!!! I'd be perfectly happy with this scenario.

Vernon Davis and Kiwi anyone?

Problem is, I don't think VD gets past SF @ #6.

And we are about 300 points shy of pulling ths off with #15 and #61 (1600 - SF, as oposed to our 1334)

Now if we throw in #15 and #22 we have 1830. We could stop right here and probably get their 3rd rounder. Giving us #6, #61, and #70.

Or if we throw in a player (tatum) we can proabably get away with their 2nd. Giving us #6, #38, and #61.

So many scenarios... I just hope Shanny was listening to Mortenson this morning, and got a little seed planted in his brain about trading up for Vernon (if it wasn't already there).

Leave a comment:

• WhatWould#7Do
    replied
    The only way I would make this trade is if we don't lose any first day picks. If we did this trade and ended up with 3 first day picks, I'd be happy, but if we would end up with 2 picks on the first day I say don't do it. The draft is too deep to lose more first day picks.

Leave a comment:

• IRISHIDIOT
    replied
    The #'s are in our favor!

Originally posted by bornbroncofan
    I would have a smile on my face for months and maybe even years if we get Davis and still keep our 22.
    Denver has the firepower to pull this trade off...which may be why we moved to #15 with the Atlanta trade. a #9 or #10 pick would only take our #15, #61 and a 6th rounder. That would move us into position for Vernon Davis....and then you still have #22 to blast away with either a DE or a RB if Shanahan so desires. Either way...if you add Davis...the Bronco's O takes on another dimension....the guy run's the 40 .35 slower than Reggie Bush!!!!! I'd be perfectly happy with this scenario.

Leave a comment:

• bornbroncofan
    replied
    I would have a smile on my face for months and maybe even years if we get Davis and still keep our 22.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos86
    replied
    i would love to get v davis, he will be a great addition to our passing game

Leave a comment:

• eabort
    replied
    Davis is a phenom....a prototypical game breaking TE. Why use quantity of picks when you can get 2 quality starters....do the trade...take Davis @ 9 if he's still there. Don't do the trade unless he's there....then take a DE at #22. Denver really shouldn't take a 1st round RB...so they can address a depth in the 4th. Might as well get quality over quantity.
    That would be a great first round!

V. Davis and a DL.
    Last edited by eabort; 04-03-2006, 09:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IRISHIDIOT
    replied
    Every day of the week!

Originally posted by eabort
    There are many mock drafts dated after April 1 speculating V. Davis going between picks 9 and 11.

If Davis is available at Detroit's pick #9 (worth 1350pts) do you think Denver should trade pick #15 (1050 pts), Pick #61 (292 pts) in the second and Denver's sixth round pick next year to get him?

or

Wait to see if Davis falls to Arizona's pick #10 (1300 pts) and offer them pick #15 and pick #61 for Arizona's pick #10 and their fifth #138 (37 pts).

What do you think?
    Davis is a phenom....a prototypical game breaking TE. Why use quantity of picks when you can get 2 quality starters....do the trade...take Davis @ 9 if he's still there. Don't do the trade unless he's there....then take a DE at #22. Denver really shouldn't take a 1st round RB...so they can address a depth in the 4th. Might as well get quality over quantity.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X