"The Pack" & The Draft...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Pack" & The Draft...

I am seriously wondering why none of the mock's I have seen have the Packers going after a QB in this draft.

Every day it seems Favre is closer to reitrement, and even if he does come back, it will only be for one year.

Either way having a pick as high as #5 I am looking at a QB. Maybe Leinart is the only one considered top 5 material? Cutler and Young proabaly ARE stretches at #5.

I don't know, just seems funny that as dire as their QB situation is, everyone hs them going LB/DE.

Maybe they are considering moving down, acquiring another pick or two, and then selecting Cutler. I would if I were them.

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
    I am seriously wondering why none of the mock's I have seen have the Packers going after a QB in this draft.

Every day it seems Favre is closer to reitrement, and even if he does come back, it will only be for one year.

Either way having a pick as high as #5 I am looking at a QB. Maybe Leinart is the only considered top 5 material? Cutler and Young proabaly ARE stretches at #5.

I don't know, just seems funny that as dire as their QB situation is, everyone hs them going LB/DE.

Maybe they are considering moving down, acquiring another pick or two, and then selecting Cutler. I would if I were them.
    Because they drafted Aaron rogers last year, they will probably draft a late round QB.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerOverSpeed
      Because they drafted Aaron rogers last year, they will probably draft a late round QB.
      Or not even draft one at all.

Comment

Originally posted by West
        Or not even draft one at all.
        Well they dont have a good backup.Or do they?

Comment

Ok, thanks guys...

Then I don't see the big deal being thrown about whether or not Favre decides to retire or not, he (and everyone else on that team) stunk things up royally last year.

It's just prolonging the inevitable...

[SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

Comment

Well they dont have a good backup.Or do they?
            Isn't smart to draft 2 QBs in the 1st round back to back years. The smart thing to do is try and get a veteran QB in FA with a smaller contract than a high paid top 5 pick.

Comment

Isn't smart to draft 2 QBs in the 1st round back to back years. The smart thing to do is try and get a veteran QB in FA with a smaller contract than a high paid top 5 pick.
              Well in my first post i said a late round Qb not a 1st rounder.

Comment

Well in my first post i said a late round Qb not a 1st rounder.
                The same as drafting a QB in the top 5, you have 2 QBs that haven't played a lick and no experience on the depth chart.

Comment

The same as drafting a QB in the top 5, you have 2 QBs that haven't played a lick and no experience on the depth chart.
                  I would use like a 6th rounder on one if I was the pack and see how he turns out if rogers is a bust.
                  *Edit* good point by the way.

Comment

I would use like a 6th rounder on one if I was the pack and see how he turns out if rogers is a bust.
                    That is smart. Plug in a rookie in after another youngn fails.

Comment

That is smart. Plug in a rookie in after another youngn fails.
                      Or could wait until he devlopes for a year, and get used to the system.

Comment

Or could wait until he devlopes for a year, and get used to the system.
                        Rodgers has been developing for a year.

Comment

Rodgers has been developing for a year.
                          Ya I know then draft a late round QB and have rogers start then if he doesnt do good next year and the QB proves himself stick him in.

Comment

Ya I know then draft a late round QB and have rogers start then if he doesnt do good next year and the QB proves himself stick him in.
                            It's an on going process, what if the rookie fails after the year he took off to develop?

Comment

It's an on going process, what if the rookie fails after the year he took off to develop?
                              Lol ok you got me I am done trying to argue. .You keep shuting me down.Its the packers i dont care about them

Comment

Working...
                              X