• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Steve_Harbula
    Special Teams
    • Jun 2003

DenverBroncos.com Fan Mock Draft Discussion – Pick No. 15: Broncos

Your Denver Broncos are now on the clock with the 15th overall selection in the 2006 DenverBroncos.com Fan Mock Draft.

Discuss who you think they should pick and why here, and be sure to visit the Mock Draft page by noon Weds., April 5, to make your selection.
  • KnightOLB53
    Practice Squad
    • Jan 2005

NOT CHAD JACKSON
    Darrent Williams #27 R.I.P

Comment

• DaWildHorse
      Banned User
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by KnightOLB53
      NOT CHAD JACKSON

I'm with you there. Unfortunately he is going to win.

I went with DeAngelo Williams.

Comment

• ElwaystillKing
        Practice Squad
        • Apr 2006

What's wrong with you people?

Sure...I live in Dallas. Yes...I like the Dallas Cowboys. Yes I love the fact we picked up Terrell Owens!

But I always have and always will be a Denver Bronco fan first!!!

Chad Jackson is a bonafide superstar. You can call him over-rated...you can call him whatever you want.

But if the Broncos draft him, you'll all be eating crow after his first full season.

Let's face it. Ed is gone and Smith is right behind him soon.

Do you really trust the ball in the hands of Lelie? He's let me down twice in Fantasy Football and that's enough of a burn to make me distrust him.

I've watch Jackson perform on several stages and he's been excellent throughout.

The Broncos need a saviour at wideout...and yes my friends...his name is JACKSON...CHAD JACKSON!

Comment

• O&B5
          Practice Squad
          • Apr 2006

Marcedes Lewis at 15

Hello fellow Bronco fans. It looks as though the vast majority of you think the Broncos need to get Chad Jackson the WR out of Florida. However, this is not the best move, it's just the most popular. Denver as David Terrell, Darius Watts, Charlie Adams and Todd Devoe looking to take a leap this year. I know, I know, they have not proven themselves. However, they show the potential and with that many hanging around with that kind of potential, there is no reason to waist this pick on a WR. With the loss of Jeb at TE we need a young, big and talented TE. The Broncos may get that in Wesley Duke, but since there is only one of him and since he is not yet proven, it would be great to get a young kid you has been training for this position for quite some time, love to block, has size and has proven to have some good hand. This guy can give the extra target that Plummer needs that everyone thinks he will get in Chad Jackson, but he can also act as another OL. He provides much more for this team at this position in the draft than does Chad Jackson. I'm sure he would also help this team on special teams more so that Chad Jackson. The Broncos should go with Marcedes Lewis now, then see what their options are at the 22nd pick. WR may be a good pick later in the draft to go along with the other young up and comers.

Blessings to all and enjoy the season!!

O&B5

Comment

• Buff_bronc_fan
            Fuggeddaboudit
            • Mar 2005

No Lewis for me thanks

Well, O&B5 welcome to the boards first of all ....

But I was just gonna ask who in the hell decided to put Marcedes Lewis in the running for this pick? I don't think he's worthy of a #15 pick at all. He's just a little too big to play WR, so they put him at TE... But in the Broncos system you had better be ready to be a complete TE and block, something that appears to be a weak point for Lewis'. Plus, with TE's out there like Klopfenstein and Pope I just can't justify a #15 pick on this guy.

I personally voted for Wimbley, simply because I think defensive line should be a point of emphasis. I wouldn't hate it if we took the best available offensive weapon, but it would be better if we could get a difference maker to get some sacks.

Comment

• IBleedOrange17
              Practice Squad
              • Mar 2006

Mercedes Lewis isnt worth our 22nd pick let alone the 15th I think we take Chad Jackson since holmes is gone. He wouldnt be my first choice but I will take him. I wouldnt mind tradeing down a few spots to like 20 cause he might still be there then and we may be able to give up a fourth and get a third in return. but oh well those are just my thoughts

Comment

• mb3playa
                Practice Squad
                • Oct 2005

deangelo

why wouldnt the broncos draft deangelo willams. he has had back to back 1900 yard seasons, and that's behind memphis' OLine. imagine him behind denver's...can you say ROOKIE OF THE YEAR
                @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Comment

• PsychoChicken
                  Bench Warmer
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ElwaystillKing
                  What's wrong with you people?

Sure...I live in Dallas. Yes...I like the Dallas Cowboys. Yes I love the fact we picked up Terrell Owens!

But I always have and always will be a Denver Bronco fan first!!!

Chad Jackson is a bonafide superstar. You can call him over-rated...you can call him whatever you want.

But if the Broncos draft him, you'll all be eating crow after his first full season.

Let's face it. Ed is gone and Smith is right behind him soon.

Do you really trust the ball in the hands of Lelie? He's let me down twice in Fantasy Football and that's enough of a burn to make me distrust him.

I've watch Jackson perform on several stages and he's been excellent throughout.

The Broncos need a saviour at wideout...and yes my friends...his name is JACKSON...CHAD JACKSON!
                  Don't worry, the people on this board who do not want Chad Jackson or Santonio Holmes are just the loud minority.

Welcome to the boards!
                  A proponent of Denver drafting Cutler since 10/05.

So naturally, my Adopt-A-Bronco is Jay Cutler!

Comment

• broncosman21
                    Practice Squad
                    • Mar 2006

the broncos are one of the only teams in the league right now with no big holes
                    right now. everyone is saying that we need some defensive lineman but what they don't realize is that denvers system wasn't to get sacks it was to create pressure to create turnovers. well guess what we created pressure and was one of the best. we created turnovers and was one of the best. we don't necesarily need a wr because now david terrel a previous first rounder with no consistency a qb will now have a chance to show what he can do. i really think that what we need to do is at least get another qb on our roster and yes i agree deangelo williams would be nice. i see him as the next clinton portis but not as fast

Comment

• Perry1977
                      Hollow.
                      • Aug 2003

I don't know if I should even go vote, as I am sure that the droves of mindless drones have already voted Chad Jackson as the pick. Oh, well. :p

Comment

• AMG
                        Practice Squad
                        • Sep 2005

Why is everyone hating on Jackson? This guy is a stud and if we do draft him it would come as no surprise to me. I don't see how anyone can be uspet about adding an offensive weapon like this.

Lets not forget that we have Rod Smith to help him develop and guide him throughout his rookie season (and hopefully at least one more) on and off the field. It's a win-win situation for everyone.

Comment

• ElwaystillKing
                          Practice Squad
                          • Apr 2006

1) Bottom line - I LOVE TATUM BELL. He has a similar stature to LT, but maybe a little smaller. HE IS A PLAYMAKER.

2) Williams may be better than me, but I've watched him at the combine and at College All-star competion...I WAS NOT IMPRESSED! He can't catch the ball to save his life.

Instead, if the Broncos do pick up a RB..it needs to be Laurence Maroney. Forget anything Williams did at MEMPHIS...you think about Minnesota's O-line and go watch some gameplay footage of Maroney.

He is my pick as the RB of this entire draft. He is another guy who is big enough to break tackles, but lightning quick between the sims. He can get outside UNLIKE WILLIAMS...we all know the Broncos love to mix up the run.

Neither White or Williams can do half of what Maroney can.

3) OKAY GUYS. Let's think. I'm sure I'm not the only one who bought a Jerry Rice Bronco jersey, but I've been dying to see a playmaker back on our team. I admit Rice wasn't the answer, but yet a distraction to increase Lelie's production.

The Broncos have been most successful when they had playmakers like Shannon Sharpe, John Elway, Terrell Davis, and Clinton Portis. I know...I did the defense no justice, but I think the Broncos D is FINE!

We need to score. Chad Jackson and Laurence Maroney compliment the Bronco's offensive style completely. All the receivers the Broncos have now are position receivers...except for Lelie, there's no burners. That deep threat stretches the field on both sides and creates more room for a moderate TE and Rod Smith to make plays over the middle!

As far as Maroney goes, he reminds me a bit of Clinton...he's a big playmaker with moderate speed. He can break tackles and he has the acceleration to burst through small gaps and make big plays.

Willaims is a bruiser and we don't need two of those. We have Ron Dayne. Bell and Maroney would compliment each other nicely...two speed backs and Ron Dayne to bust up the D-line a bit.

Go watch film on both Jackson and Maroney...I'm sure if you watch enough, you'll see that both have God-given talent and can thrive in a West Coast offense.

Comment

• ydave77
                            Bench Warmer
                            • Mar 2005

We are moving around on this board one way or another. I am not sure Shanny even knows what or where he is going to go. But I woudl surprised if we dont make a day 1 draft day trade. We shall see.

Comment

• BroncodogPG
                              Practice Squad
                              • Apr 2006

Why is no one talking about Laurence Maroney?

nfundefinedundefined
                              Originally posted by DaWildHorse
                              I'm with you there. Unfortunately he is going to win.

I went with DeAngelo Williams.

Comment

Working...
                              X