Schefter says...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schefter says...

...that a team in the teens will still pick LenDale, despite his poor showing. Apparently it was said on NFL Network, so can anyone confirm?

Anyways, would you say it's purely a coincidence that Schefter, a former Denver writer with connections, is saying this?

And please, lets hold off on the "it's a freakin' smokescreen...DUH!" talk. Thoughts on the report and the possibility? Who else besides Denver do you see as "the team?" Philly?

Originally posted by WABronco
    And please, lets hold off on the "it's a freakin' smokescreen...DUH!" talk. Thoughts on the report and the possibility? Who else besides Denver do you see as "the team?" Philly?
    I think that Philly, Denver, Minnesota and possibly Dallas are all possibilities for him.

I think he falls to the late 20s pending his 40 as of right now, there are 2 other running backs in the teens that are available who have better work ethics and is not troubled.

Comment

Originally posted by West
      I think that Philly, Denver, Minnesota and possibly Dallas are all possibilities for him.

I think he falls to the late 20s pending his 40 as of right now, there are 2 other running backs in the teens that are available who have better work ethics and is not troubled.
      I wonder if he'll have a private workout, like he said he would. That may change some things...

Comment

I wonder if he'll have a private workout, like he said he would. That may change some things...
        I bad 40 time such as 4.7 would literally kill his draft stock. His stock would fall all the way down to a 3rd round pick, yes that far. If he runs under a 4.6(4.59 and under) he is in good shape to be a 14-21 pick.

Comment

There Are 7 Teen's Teams...

...that a team in the teens will still pick LenDale, despite his poor showing. Apparently it was said on NFL Network, so can anyone confirm?

Anyways, would you say it's purely a coincidence that Schefter, a former Denver writer with connections, is saying this?

7 different options...Philly is a definite possibility...they're looking for a powerback to take some of the pressure off of Westbrook. Also...the Vikings know Taylor has never started and is a smallish skat back....so they'd be looking to add a bruiser as well. Finally...San Diego. They're not looking to supplant LT...but they've been unable to find a quality backup...and one that can take the pounding in short yardage or goal-line to help keep LT fresh...although I don't see SD taking a RB in round 1 with no pressing need.

Honestly I think Schefter is just speculating....I could see Lendale going to the Patriots, Panthers, Jaguars, Jet's, Colts or Steelers...all teams with needs at RB (Panthers need depth for Foster).
          MIKE CELEZIC IS A TOOL!

Comment

Originally posted by West
            I bad 40 time such as 4.7 would literally kill his draft stock. His stock would fall all the way down to a 3rd round pick, yes that far. If he runs under a 4.6(4.59 and under) he is in good shape to be a 14-21 pick.
            Of course, if he does have the "security" that Schefter is saying, then why bother?

Comment

Well, did they say LenDale would be SELECTED in the teens, or that he would be selected by a team IN the teens.

I know that sounds like a lame question, but draft time is full of riddles amidst speculation. If he was drafted by us at 22, he would still have been selected by a team in the teens.

All in all, I just don't see Minnesota going for a RB in round 1. Not only did they sign Chester Taylor, but they have Onterrio Smith coming back off of suspension, Moe Williams, a project with potential from last year's draft in Ciatrick Fason and Mewelde Moore. Granted they could use a "bruiser" but I don't think you spend a 1st round pick on LenDale White when you have so much money tied up in 5 other producing RB's. It would make more sense for them to look at Gerald Riggs with their 3rd round comp pick they were awarded in that scenario.

I would bet that it's Philly or Denver if it's a team in the teens. Dallas could be a sleeper, but I can't see them using a 1st when they have Julius Jones and Marion Barber III. White makes a lot of sense in Philly, and if we do take him, I hope it's not until 22.

Comment

Originally posted by jletourneau
                Well, did they say LenDale would be SELECTED in the teens, or that he would be selected by a team IN the teens.

I know that sounds like a lame question, but draft time is full of riddles amidst speculation. If he was drafted by us at 22, he would still have been selected by a team in the teens.

All in all, I just don't see Minnesota going for a RB in round 1. Not only did they sign Chester Taylor, but they have Onterrio Smith coming back off of suspension, Moe Williams, a project with potential from last year's draft in Ciatrick Fason and Mewelde Moore. Granted they could use a "bruiser" but I don't think you spend a 1st round pick on LenDale White when you have so much money tied up in 5 other producing RB's. It would make more sense for them to look at Gerald Riggs with their 3rd round comp pick they were awarded in that scenario.

I would bet that it's Philly or Denver if it's a team in the teens. Dallas could be a sleeper, but I can't see them using a 1st when they have Julius Jones and Marion Barber III. White makes a lot of sense in Philly, and if we do take him, I hope it's not until 22.
                I think Schefter was referring to a specific team.

Comment

west he wouldnt fall that far if he ran a bad 40, 40 dont mean **** to me. certain players kno how to run it and others might get a delayed start and it is all different when a 250 pound linebacker is chasin u, im sure hed run faster then
                  "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos86
                    west he wouldnt fall that far if he ran a bad 40, 40 dont mean **** to me. certain players kno how to run it and others might get a delayed start and it is all different when a 250 pound linebacker is chasin u, im sure hed run faster then
                    BAHAHAHAHAHA! What?!?!?

40 dont mean **** to me
                    Well then, too bad you aren't the one making the calls!

...and it is all different when a 250 pound linebacker is chasin u, im sure hed run faster then
                    I agree. Why don't they have rabbid dogs chasing them as they run the 40? Much more accurate results IMO...

Comment

Todd Mcshay mentioned that Lendale would still go in the first round and he believed it would be before the end of the first. He actually listed us as a possibility in his chat today on ESPN. There have been people speculating all day on the NFL network and on other sources that he could still go in the teens. But just as many are speculating that no RBs will go in the teens and that the second tier (White, Williams, and Maroney) would all go in the 20s. This is because teams in the early part of the draft have addressed RB needs.

It is important to remember that RBs have a tendancy to fall in the draft so the teens might be high for any of the backs.

Here is my take on the teams mentioned so far in this thread.

I think Philly is not a possibility. They may be looking for some carries to offload Westbrook but they are already paying Westbrook big money. I don't think they will pick a RB in round 1 because of the investment at the position. This is not their general strategy. They will certainly get another back in there but not in the first round of the draft. I have personally been in philly the last six weeks and the general consensus in this area is that the pick will be OL or DL although most of the people seem to want a big time WR. Everyone here knows that Andy Reid and the staff love drafting the big uglies and they believe that is the direction again.

Minnesota has alot of problems and RB is not the highest on the list. I dont' think they will draft a RB in round 1 after signing Taylor and making the public statements they have made. I think they go RB in round 2 or later.

The Chargers???? Are you kidding. you don't draft players in round 1 that have no chance of EVER being anything other than a backup. You just don't do it. LT is so young that this would make zero sense. Zero sense. They may draft a back but not in round 1. I also think they are happy with Michael Turner so I don't think this is perceived by them as a need at all. They will go secondary or OL with the pick.

Dallas would sure be a sleeper but I don't see a RB in round 1 for them. But he would be the back I could see them taking if they did. He would be a good compliment to Jones especially if the Cowboys are concerned that Jones is not the man. The problem is that Barber just played to well last year. I think they have to feel that have one solid starter between the two for next year. So I would think they go RB later in the draft.

I think the money has to be on teams later in the first like the Patriots, Jags, Jets, Panthers, and Steelers.

And West I believe there is not way the White falls to the third round. Even if he ran a 4.9 some team would believe it is a fluke and take a risk in round 2. His on the field performance was just too dominant. He also performed big time against Texas which had a big and fast D. He will not drop that far.

Comment

40 dont mean **** to me.
                        well maybe not...but are you calling the shots?

personally I don't relaly like LenDale as a first round pick...he work ethic is questionable. but even a second round I like him as a prospect.

If we do draft an RB I would want it to be DeAngelo Williams or like always and Shanny doesnt draft an RB in the first round then Mike Bell later.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry, I didn't know I was speaking to all 32 GMs. It obviously means a lot to them.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
                            Todd Mcshay mentioned that Lendale would still go in the first round and he believed it would be before the end of the first. He actually listed us as a possibility in his chat today on ESPN. There have been people speculating all day on the NFL network and on other sources that he could still go in the teens. But just as many are speculating that no RBs will go in the teens and that the second tier (White, Williams, and Maroney) would all go in the 20s. This is because teams in the early part of the draft have addressed RB needs.

It is important to remember that RBs have a tendancy to fall in the draft so the teens might be high for any of the backs.

Here is my take on the teams mentioned so far in this thread.

I think Philly is not a possibility. They may be looking for some carries to offload Westbrook but they are already paying Westbrook big money. I don't think they will pick a RB in round 1 because of the investment at the position. This is not their general strategy. They will certainly get another back in there but not in the first round of the draft. I have personally been in philly the last six weeks and the general consensus in this area is that the pick will be OL or DL although most of the people seem to want a big time WR. Everyone here knows that Andy Reid and the staff love drafting the big uglies and they believe that is the direction again.

Minnesota has alot of problems and RB is not the highest on the list. I dont' think they will draft a RB in round 1 after signing Taylor and making the public statements they have made. I think they go RB in round 2 or later.

The Chargers???? Are you kidding. you don't draft players in round 1 that have no chance of EVER being anything other than a backup. You just don't do it. LT is so young that this would make zero sense. Zero sense. They may draft a back but not in round 1. I also think they are happy with Michael Turner so I don't think this is perceived by them as a need at all. They will go secondary or OL with the pick.

Dallas would sure be a sleeper but I don't see a RB in round 1 for them. But he would be the back I could see them taking if they did. He would be a good compliment to Jones especially if the Cowboys are concerned that Jones is not the man. The problem is that Barber just played to well last year. I think they have to feel that have one solid starter between the two for next year. So I would think they go RB later in the draft.

I think the money has to be on teams later in the first like the Patriots, Jags, Jets, Panthers, and Steelers.

And West I believe there is not way the White falls to the third round. Even if he ran a 4.9 some team would believe it is a fluke and take a risk in round 2. His on the field performance was just too dominant. He also performed big time against Texas which had a big and fast D. He will not drop that far.
                            Great post, I agree completely.

One thing that could throw a wrench in Denver's plan is the fact that Philly missed out on Eric Moulds, leaving them completely empty handed at the position this off-season. They have youth, so a veteran would have made the most sense, but now they have no choice. Whether they take a receiver in round one or round two, that remains to be seen. I don't have my finger on the pulse of the Eagles, but I would guess that Santonio Holmes would make more sense than Jackson, because Holmes is more polished and could play immediately, whereas Jackson has more upside, but is raw, and very similar to Reggie Brown. Philly may also be interested in UCF's Williams and ND's Stovall later on day one.

Should the receiver Denver targets be off the board, they may just go for the running back at pick fifteen. Actually, Denver's history suggests that we will take our guy at 15 regardless of value. So what if White will be there at 22, if Shanahan wants him at 15, he'll take him there.

My problem is that I don't see what we'll do at pick 22 if we go running back at 15, since both receivers will be off the board by then. Trading down is an option, but you need a partner, and thus far, rumors are quiet on that front.

I would prefer to take the best runner available at pick 22, and I'm leaning towards Maroney because he would be able to pick up the system immediately, is the most proven zone runner, and has less unkowns.

I f Denver can't get Williams, Addai, Maroney, or White, then we should ignore running back until the middle of day two. The rest of the day one runners (Calhoun, Drew, Harrison, Washington, Hall) have 3rd down back size and skills, and it is hard to figure any of them as an improvement over Bell, so why take a third stringer on the first day. This is why Denver will take a round one back, or not take one early at all.

Comment

While enticing and exciting to a degree. It makes zero sense.

Ron Dayne is LenDale White, and vice versa. They are the identical player from speed, to size, to cut back ability, and Dayne is under contract for 3 seasons at a reasonable price.

Do we need a big, backup to spell him and be there for injury concerns? Yes. Do you draft that type of player on the 1st day with Tatum Bell already aboard? No.

The only way you do that is if you draft a top RB, then trade Bell after the draft. That's a possibility, but unlikely. Bell was very effective last season.

Then on top of that, you still have the fact White is a thug, he's represented by Snoop Dogg basically, and that he was fat and out of shape as of late, as well as plenty of character concerns. The last RB who chose this route was Ricky Williams, and that didn't work out well for anybody.

Pass on White. Too risky. And makes zero sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X