Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about drafting Nick Mangold ...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about drafting Nick Mangold ...........

as our center of the future instead of using Ben Hamilton there after Nalen retires? I realize that we have Chris Myers in the fold and we have a history (with the exception of Big George) of using lower round draft picks on our OL, but I think that Mangold will be a quality center in this league for sometime. Ideally, we could trade down with our #22 and get a late first rounder and a 3rd or 4th for our #22 and get mangold there. I do think that #22 is a bit high for him but I am all for solidifying the future of our offensive line with such a great prospect.

no were not looking at the future right now, were looking mainly at a SB
    "If you fumble the ball, I will break off my foot in your John Brown hind parts; and then you will run a mile."My Adopted bronc is Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos86
      no were not looking at the future right now, were looking mainly at a SB
      So I guess you think we are drafting for impact players (For example, Deangelo Williams, Santonio Holmes, Manny Lawson) "Skill" positions like WR, RB and for all intents and purposes, DE (speed rusher Type). I am not averse to that either and I certainly want our #15 spent of one of those 3 positions. I feel that we have some flexibilty in having 2 first rounders. It will make for an exciting Saturday on April 29th!

Comment

Nick Mangold should be a great center, but the Broncos really have no need for him now or in the future.

Nalen is on his last legs, but should play probably 2 more years. PLUS, we already have our center of the future in Ben Hamilton, who was re-signed last year, center is his natural position, as is Chris Myers who has a lot of favor on the coaching staff.

Comment

I would love to see him in Denver if he came in at pick 30-40 not 22
          http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthread.php?p=497087#post497087

Above I will list all my predictions for the 2005 season.

Comment

Working...
          X