Texans to make some noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fan in exile
    ydave77 the only one forgetting the trenches in this is you. The texans have brought in at least three lineman.

Defensive end N.D. Kalu has played in nine, linebacker Sam Cowart in five, fullback Jameel Cook in five, center Mike Flanagan in five, Moulds in three, tight end Jeb Putzier in three, wide receiver Kevin Walter in one and defensive end Anthony Weaver in one.

I got this from http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9357955

How this plays out remains to be seen but Kubs has not neglected the lines.
    OH MY GOD!!!! Mike Flanagan!!! Wow. So signing one over the hill center is supposed to shore up one of the leagues worst lines. Carr was sacked 68 times last year. Yes Sixty-Eight. I bet he was worried, but then stop the presses, thank god they got Mike Flanagan. You're right, Houston is totally going to turn it around this yr.

Comment

You obviously don't read well when it confilcts with your point. I said we will have to see how it plays out, but the line hasn't been neglected. They are not the Lions. When it comes to evaluating players I'll take Kubiak over you anyday of the week and twice on sundays.

Comment

Anything has to be better than their record last season!
        President of the GPA, Head of Mainland Europe Chapter

formerly Officially Adopted by saltybuggah
        I adopted Skywalker

I have been adopted by Chris Wade

Comment

Originally posted by Fan in exile
          You obviously don't read well when it confilcts with your point. I said we will have to see how it plays out, but the line hasn't been neglected. They are not the Lions. When it comes to evaluating players I'll take Kubiak over you anyday of the week and twice on sundays.
          I dont see how signing one center means the one of the worst olines is no longer neglected. But whatever I am not bashing Kubiak. If you go back to my post I wrote "He is a 1st yr head coach. He isnt all powerful like Shanny. I doubt he is the guy who has final say in personnel decisions." I am not saynig Kub doesnt know the value of a good Oline, just that I dont think he has the say in everything either. The smartest move to me, is the Texans trading down from #1 to #4 or so, and getting Brick to help shore up that porous Oline, while gatehring additional picks as well.
          One thing I do agree with you though is that is that I'll take Kubiak over me any day of the week, and what the hell, three times on Sundays. I just doubt he has final say on FA's, and draft decisions, being a young coach and all. Thats what a GM is theoretically for.

Comment

Someone left me a CP calling me "a dumb idiot" for starting this thread. If I am a dumb idiot, "dumb idiot" counters itsself, so in essence, you called me smart. Thanks, I guess........

And why would I be an idiot if I think Eric Moulds will make a big impact for them. They will soon to have a superstar runningback in Reggie Bush, a former 1st overall pick at quarterback, and what I beleive to be TWO #1 receivers in Moulds and Johnson.

I remember ALOT of you wanting Moulds to come here, and get a starting job. So I dont think that calling me a dumb idiot after saying it was a good move by the Texans is a very intelligent thing to say.

A CP is a CP i suppose, so thanks for being a "dumb idiot" and giving it to me.
            R.I.P. Darrent Williams and Damien Nash

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Comment

Originally posted by DaWildHorse
              Um get back to me 7 months later.

Seriously just because they signed some big-name guys doesn't mean they're a lock for the playoffs. I'll believe it when I see it.
              I did not say they are a lock for the playoffs, I said they COULD be a force during the season. Re-read my post if you dont beleive me.
              R.I.P. Darrent Williams and Damien Nash

R.I.P Sean Taylor

Comment

They play the game right and I also think they will have a great season.

Comment

In the end, when you cant block, you cant do much on offense. No rookie OT is going to change that

Comment

Originally posted by uteric3232
                    In the end, when you cant block, you cant do much on offense. No rookie OT is going to change that
                    You are completely wrong about that.

FERGUSON = WALTER JONES

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx

FERGUSON = WALTER JONES
                      Def..they need to trade down and pick up Brick and try to fill their other holes.

Comment

Originally posted by xX-Bronco-Xx

FERGUSON = WALTER JONES
                        Yes, but this is assuming they take RB

Comment

Working...
                        X