Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which WR prospect would you rather have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which WR prospect would you rather have?

Check out the numbers of these two junior wide receiver prospects:

Prospect #1, Jr. SEC
    6'1", 213 lbs, 4.32 40-time

88 receptions, 900 yards, (10.2 yards per catch), 9 receiving TD's, 2 rushing TD's. Ranked 50th nationally in receiving yards. Ranked 138th nationally in scoring (12th nationally at WR position, 66 points).

Prospect #2, Jr.
    WAC
    6'3", 197 lbs, 4.29 40-time

84 receptions, 1,713 yards, (20.4 yards per catch), 19 receiving TD's. Ranked 2nd nationally in receiving yards. Ranked 12th nationally in scoring (1st nationally at WR position, 114 points).

Which one would you rather have?
    Prospect #1
    37.29%
    Prospect #2
    62.71%
    Last edited by Perry1977; 04-05-2006, 11:40 PM.

Stats don't tell the whole story, but I assume those are the stats for Jackson and Holmes? If so, neither, I don't think either of them warrant a 1st rounder.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

Based on numbers, I think it's pretty obvious Prospect #2 is the better choice. However, numbers don't take into account the level of competition each faced. Also, Prospect #2 seems rather light. Can he take the pounding?

Comment

Yes, it's bogus. Let me add the conferences of the players to help people judge the level of competition, if that will help.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry1977
          Yes, it's bogus. Let me add the conferences of the players to help people judge the level of competition, if that will help.

ooops, i deleted my posts because i didn't wanna give it away, lol!!
          Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

I would rather have

Prospect #3:

TE JR ACC:
            Height: 6-3 3/4 | Weight: 263 | 40-Time: 4.38

Owns school strength records for a tight end in bench (460), power clean (355), vertical jump (40 inches), index (797), squat (685) and 40-yard dash time (4.41), all of which were recorded in the spring of 2005

^_^

But I guess the point of this thread is more along the lines of: Be Happy with what you have?
            Last edited by dontfeedthenerd; 04-05-2006, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Don't forget, size has a major role in which one will get drafted first...

Comment

Then theres also the fact that Prospect #1 had to learn a completely new offense this past season.

Comment

Originally posted by DarKliger
                  Then theres also the fact that Prospect #1 had to learn a completely new offense this past season.

Ok fine, prospect #1 2004:

29 cartches for 648 yards with a 22.3 yards per catch average with 6 td's

2003:

3 catches for 38 yards and 1 TD.

Hmmmmm-_-

Comment

I honestly don't really care about college production. Granted, I'd like the top prospects to be starters and be near the top in terms of production. Players aren't drafted solely on production though.

However, in this case, the difference in production is so huge that it'd be hard to pass on the WAC guy.

I know who no. 1 is, and I think he's a great physical prospect in his own right. I firmly believe that he'd be a first round prospect in next year's class as well (right behind Jarrett and Johnson).

Comment

Originally posted by dontfeedthenerd
                      Ok fine, prospect #1 2004:

29 cartches for 648 yards with a 22.3 yards per catch average with 6 td's

2003:

3 catches for 38 yards and 1 TD.

Hmmmmm-_-
                      Put no. 1 in USC with Leinart and he dominates...

Comment

What the heck is wrong with you people?

I get the point of your post, but you're telling me you'd take a WAC receiver over a SEC receiver.

My gosh man. #2 as you put it, had a walk in the park compared to #1 and his freakin Gators!

This is the dumbest comparsion I've ever seen. All the analysts fail to see that the WAC is exactly that...WACK!

Chad Jackson is the real deal. He's bigger...he's stronger...he wants the dang ball and he'll go get it!

People made the same mistake with Chad Johnson saying he wasn't worth a first round draft pick.

HELLO SUCKAS...CJ is laughing all the way to the bank! So all those of you screaming about Deep threats...CJ is getting paid off it in the AFC no less.

Look around boys...Chad Jackson is the answer! Hell...I wish the Cowboys would pick him up!

Comment

Originally posted by ElwaystillKing
                          One team I'm shocked wasn't mentioned is the Detroit Lions.

They probably have three of the most talented receivers in

Roy Williams, Charles Rogers, and Mike Williams, but they haven't done SQUAT!

The Bengals only have two good receivers.

But if the Broncos pick up CHAD JACKSON...GOODNIGHT CUTLER, HELLO JAKE!!!

you're the guy that likes mike williams better than chris henry-- even though henry, the 3rd rounder, scored 6 TDs to williams' 1 TD. . .

honestly, although i see the point, this isn't one of my favorite of perry's threads. . . but before you get too bent out of shape, remember that talent and potential don't always equal production. . . and there's something to be said for getting value out of your draft picks. . . maybe he'll shine, maybe not, but let's not make chad JACKSON into chad JOHNSON before he's even put on the pads. . . i won't say he CAN'T be that good, but it may be a tad premature to call him "the answer". . .

Originally posted by ElwaystillKing

Look around boys...Chad Jackson is the answer! Hell...I wish the Cowboys would pick him up!

glad to see we agree on one thing-- i hope the cowgirls pick him up too!!

Officially Objectified by the GPA

rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

Comment

i would take propsect 2 in the 2nd round because he wont rise that high due to the competition he faced but putting those numbers is still unreal and as for prospect 1, he has prototype size and ran very well at the combine skyrocketing his stock but he is far from the sure thing, coming out as a junior after a good season but didnt even break the 1000yrd mark but overall i feel that the draft is very poor for receivers this time around and there isnt anyone worth taking in the first, there are players who have the same amount of potential but are less polished available in the 2nd/3rd
                            Member of Warwick University American Football Team in UK
                            http://www.warwickwolves.co.uk

I adopt Erica Weston

Comment

Also the only reason his YPC was down was because in his coaches offense, they use short passes and short routes.

Comment

Working...
                              X