Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rcsodak
    Why don't you think Mulroney fits?
    He ran behind the zone blocking scheme and excelled.

He sure as hell ran against tougher competion and put up better numbers then Bell did.

I don't know why you're so enamored with Bell.....other than picking a late rounder's name and hoping it happens......
    To be fair, Mike Bell is a nice prospect in his own right. He was impressive at the Senior Bowl I thought. He's built a lot like TD (I think), and has some first-step explosion.

Comment

Originally posted by ElwaystillKing
      Williams CANNOT catch the football!

but Williams does have poor hands.

AS FOR THE Broncos D, IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT.

You are just blatantly incorrect. I am a memphian and i have watched Deangelo throughout his career. I have no memory of him ever dropping a football (and i remember LOTs of memphis drops). he spent alot of time in the slot position and performed very well. williams can catch.

As to your ideas on the defense, IT IS BROKE. Pryce, the only Dlineman to produce any pressure last year is now gone. We need to generate some pressure. Its as simple as that.
      Superintendent Chalmers: "Thank the Lord"? That sounded like a prayer. A prayer in a public school. God has no place within these walls, just like facts don't have a place within an organized religion."

Comment

Originally posted by rcsodak
        Why don't you think Mulroney fits?
        He ran behind the zone blocking scheme and excelled.

He sure as hell ran against tougher competion and put up better numbers then Bell did.

I don't know why you're so enamored with Bell.....other than picking a late rounder's name and hoping it happens......
        Alright, just because Maroney excelled at a zone blocking school doesn't mean he will excell in the NFL in one. Maroney doesn't have the certain characteristics that are essential for this offensive scheme. Maroney has questionable hands, shys away from contact and is a below average blocker. Bell excells at each and everything Maroney does not.

Comment

Originally posted by West
          Alright, just because Maroney excelled at a zone blocking school doesn't mean he will excell in the NFL in one. Maroney doesn't have the certain characteristics that are essential for this offensive scheme. Maroney has questionable hands, shys away from contact and is a below average blocker. Bell excells at each and everything Maroney does not.
          Well, Maroney must really suck then because Bell doesn't excell at too much... All he has is pure speed, that won't get you a starting job in the NFL.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ReleaseTheBeast7
            Well, Maroney must really suck then because Bell doesn't excell at too much... All he has is pure speed, that won't get you a starting job in the NFL.
            And your saying this with what sources? All Bell has is pure speed? You really want me to go into Mike Bell ranting mode?

Comment

Both you and West need to watch watch more football, and read less outside sources, if you two think that Maroney cannot excel in Denver. To begin with, hands aren't the most essential thing in our offensive system. While it can make a nice wrinkle, we don't place a premium on it. Portis had very rough hands and was a poor receiver out of the backfield. Somehow, it didn't seem to effect our offense negatively.

Secondly, Maroney is raw at blocking because he wasn't asked to do much in his college system. He has the frame to not only grow more, but to be a competent blocker. Just because he was rough at blocking in college doesn't mean he can't develop in the pro game. Actually, every running back in this draft, with the exception of Addai, is a poor blocker. Don't be confused by White's size, he too was required to do very little blocking at SC.

Finally, saying that Maroney is afraid of contact is a bit asanine West. Last time I checked, every back featured on the first day lacks that craving for contact. Maroney does run upright, but he does not shy away from hits that often, and has had a near spotless track record holding on to the football. He ran in an offense identical to ours in running schemes and ran between the tackles the majority of his career, which makes his high ypc enough to convince me that he is capable of carrying it between the tackles in the pros, especially at his current weight between 215 and 220.

Maroney excels at the one major requirement to run in this offense. He has the patience to let holes develop, the vision to find the cutback lane, and the one step explosiveness to get downfield in a hurry.

Finally, I just have to ask, did either of you watch Maroney extensively this year? If you can't remember, he played for Minnesota...he was the guy with the multicolored dreadlocks...does that ring a bell?

If you are going to rip a guy, get your facts straight, please...

Comment

If Bell is this much better than Maroney why isn't he in the 1st round projections?

In fact he is projected to go in the 4th. So it appears that nobody else shares ur opinion.
                "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

And your saying this with what sources? All Bell has is pure speed? You really want me to go into Mike Bell ranting mode?
                  My bad, I thought you were talking about Tatum
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
                    Both you and West need to watch watch more football, and read less outside sources, if you two think that Maroney cannot excel in Denver. To begin with, hands aren't the most essential thing in our offensive system. While it can make a nice wrinkle, we don't place a premium on it. Portis had very rough hands and was a poor receiver out of the backfield. Somehow, it didn't seem to effect our offense negatively.

Secondly, Maroney is raw at blocking because he wasn't asked to do much in his college system. He has the frame to not only grow more, but to be a competent blocker. Just because he was rough at blocking in college doesn't mean he can't develop in the pro game. Actually, every running back in this draft, with the exception of Addai, is a poor blocker. Don't be confused by White's size, he too was required to do very little blocking at SC.

Finally, saying that Maroney is afraid of contact is a bit asanine West. Last time I checked, every back featured on the first day lacks that craving for contact. Maroney does run upright, but he does not shy away from hits that often, and has had a near spotless track record holding on to the football. He ran in an offense identical to ours in running schemes and ran between the tackles the majority of his career, which makes his high ypc enough to convince me that he is capable of carrying it between the tackles in the pros, especially at his current weight between 215 and 220.

Maroney excels at the one major requirement to run in this offense. He has the patience to let holes develop, the vision to find the cutback lane, and the one step explosiveness to get downfield in a hurry.

Finally, I just have to ask, did either of you watch Maroney extensively this year? If you can't remember, he played for Minnesota...he was the guy with the multicolored dreadlocks...does that ring a bell?

I was being sarcastic when I made that post... I like Maroney, I like Williams, I like LenDale, and I like them all the same and I'd support everyone the same if they came to Denver. ALong with any RB, or player for that matter
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WhatWould#7Do
                      If Bell is this much better than Maroney why isn't he in the 1st round projections?

In fact he is projected to go in the 4th. So it appears that nobody else shares ur opinion.
                      He feels that a college RB who never reached the 1,000 yard mark in his career against low competiton would be a better fit for us over a college star who ran in the same blocking schemes that we run, in the Big 10 -- One of the best if not THE best conference in college football.

With that being said... LenDale/DeAngelo/Laurence > Mike Bell
                      sigpic

Comment

I was being sarcastic when I made that post... I like Maroney, I like Williams, I like LenDale, and I like them all the same and I'd support everyone the same if they came to Denver. ALong with any RB, or player for that matter
                        My fault then.

Comment

Originally posted by WhatWould#7Do

If TD was soo much better than KiJana Carter why wasn't TD the #1 overall pick? Why isn't he in the 1st round projections? Because Denver-type backs are never 1st round projections. TD-6th, Olandis-4th, Mike-6th.

Comment

He feels that a college RB who never reached the 1,000 yard mark in his career against low competiton would be a better fit for us over a college star who ran in the same blocking schemes that we run, in the Big 10 -- One of the best if not THE best conference in college football.
                            Oh my fault, I thought you were talking about Maroney when you stated "low competition". Outside of Penn State and OSU, the Big Ten's defenses were terrible.
                            With that being said... LenDale/DeAngelo/Laurence > Mike Bell
                            -----------------

Comment

Originally posted by OhNoKoolAid
                              Both you and West need to watch watch more football, and read less outside sources, if you two think that Maroney cannot excel in Denver.Never said that, I said he wouldn't excell the way Bell would. To begin with, hands aren't the most essential thing in our offensive system.One of the more important ones, we constantly use our RBs out of the back field While it can make a nice wrinkle, we don't place a premium on it. Portis had very rough hands and was a poor receiver out of the backfield. Somehow, it didn't seem to effect our offense negatively.

Secondly, Maroney is raw at blocking because he wasn't asked to do much in his college system. He has the frame to not only grow more, but to be a competent blocker. Just because he was rough at blocking in college doesn't mean he can't develop in the pro game. Yea and anybody can develop into anything in the NFL. Hell LenDale can develop into a speed back in the NFL. That is want I'm getting from this sentence. Actually, every running back in this draft, with the exception of Addai, is a poor blocker. Actually Mike Bell is said to be one of the better blockers in the draft. Don't be confused by White's size, he too was required to do very little blocking at SC.

Finally, saying that Maroney is afraid of contact is a bit asanine West.Take it up with nfldraftcountdown.com then. Last time I checked, every back featured on the first day lacks that craving for contact. Maroney does run upright, but he does not shy away from hits that often, and has had a near spotless track record holding on to the football. He ran in an offense identical to ours in running schemes and ran between the tackles the majority of his career, which makes his high ypc enough to convince me that he is capable of carrying it between the tackles in the pros, especially at his current weight between 215 and 220.

Maroney excels at the one major requirement to run in this offense. He has the patience to let holes develop, the vision to find the cutback lane, and the one step explosiveness to get downfield in a hurry.And Mike Bell doesn't have this? read his reports.

Finally, I just have to ask, did either of you watch Maroney extensively this year? If you can't remember, he played for Minnesota...he was the guy with the multicolored dreadlocks...does that ring a bell?I knew fully who he is. The only games I saw from him were the Michigan and Penn State games. I live in the south, I don't get northern games.

----------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X