DoJo Chargerfan's mock draft 4/7/06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoJo Chargerfan's mock draft 4/7/06

I know I'm a Charger fan but let me know what you all think with the Bronco picks.

Hou- RB-USC- Reggie Bush: no explination needed

NO-OT-Virginia-D'Brickshaw Ferguson: Trading Gandy was a move that proves they'll invest heavily in the OL in this years draft

Tenn-QB-USC-Matt Leinart: Norm Chow and Leinart get reunited and Leinart should be named the starter by opening day with his familiarity with the offense.

NYJ-DE-N. Car. St.-Mario Williams: Wanted: pass rusher. Peppers-like but bigger and stronger, only not as quick.

GB-ILB/OLB-Ohio State-A.J. Hawk: would play great next to Barnett. Probably an open competition in camp for the ILB spot but I think AJ would play outside, and play well

SF-TE-Maryland-Vernon Davis: as big and as strong as he is it'll be hard to pass on this guy

Oak-QB-Texas-Vince Young: With Brooks' contract essentially a one year deal Young could make sense. I just think he needs at the minimum 3 years to get ready for NFL defenses.

Buf-QB-Vanderbuilt-Jay Cutler: He's rissen and fallen on alot of draft boards but if the Bills could pick up JC it'll be a GREAT pickup! Too bad they'll be in L.A. by 2010.

Det-S-Texas-Mike Huff: Det had his card ready yesterday. Will play S for the fast Lions D.

Az-OLB-Florida St.-Ernie Sims: the Cards had a top 10 defense points wise and Sims will add ALOT of speed to this young linebacker core.

StL-CB-Clemson-Tye Hill: Time to add defensive speed to cover the pass-it-up NFC West.

Clev-NG-Oregon-Haloti Ngata: a beast goes east. A clogger that wants to play 3 tech. What more do you want?

Bal-DT-Florida St-Brodrick Bunkley: Were weak up the middle last year. Bunk will improve their D, for sure!

Phi-RB-Memphis-DeAngelo Williams: a great all around back that knocks Westbrook to the slot.

Den-WR-Ohio State-Santonio Holmes: all kinds of hype is put on Jackson since the end of the season. Holmes was MUCH more impressive in his routes. He's fast and is willing to block. Den doesn't need another Ashlie Lelie, which is what Jackson is.

Mia-OT-USC-Winston Justice: IF he slips past the top 10 he could possibly slip to the Chargers if Miami, Baltimore, or Dallas doesn't nab him. Here I have the fins picking him up.

Minn-RB-USC-LenDale White: would fit perfectly with a man-on blocking scheme. Would have been Maroney but Maroney is more of a zone blocking running back so the Vikings will probably go with White regardless whether or not he ran in his pro day.

Dal-S-Tennessee-Jason Allen: Dal has been looking for a coverage S to play next to Roy Williams. If Allen and Justice are available I think the Boys will pick up Allen regardless. It's just a huge need for them.

SD-CB-S. Carolina-Jonathan Joseph: he should play wonderfully opposite Jammer. The popular opinion is to go for s but Jue and McCree will be fine, CB is much more of a need so we could put Drayton to his natural slot spot.

KC-WR-Florida-Chad Jackson: The Cheifs wanted a deep ball threat, they got it. He's really raw and will probably be a second option for a while but with the Cheifs' weak WR core he could work his way to #1 pretty quickly.

NE-DE/OLB-N. Car. St.-Manny Lawson: He was born to be a Patriot. He'll be an awsome answer to McGinest walking.

Den-RB-Minn-Lawrence Maroney: A zone blocking RB should be the opening day starter for the Broncos.

TB-G-Georgia-Max Jean-Giles: The Buccs lacked strength inside. Mad Max is a huge body, but proved he could move well. He'll continue to work and could be a pro bowler in a couple years

Cinn-OLB-Alabama-DeMeco Ryans: Ryans should take Pollacks place and let Pollack rush the passer as a DE. He could fly!

NYG-OLB-Iowa-Chad Greenway: I'm not sure if picking up Arrington will be a smart move for the Giants. The better option is picking up a young LB and mold him to be a Giant for years to come

Chi-S/CB-Virginia Tech-Jimmy Williams: He's a playmaker! The Bears need physical corners that could roam around the feild or lock up on a receiver. Williams should be their guy. He's my early pick for defensive rookie of the year

Car-TE-Georgia-Leonard Pope: a down-the-field threat because of his size and speed. Should help spread the field and Jake will spread the ball around a little more.

Jax-DE-Penn State-Tamba Hali: Will play rush end. Him, Spicer, and Hayward should be killer for QB's

NYJ-OLB/S-UTEP-Thomas Howard: Should add versatility to the Jets D, either at S or OLB. Either way he'll add speed and hard work to their D.

Indy-RB-LSU-Joseph Addai: He's a reach but fits in the Colts' mold for RB.

Sea-OG-USC-Duce Lutui: Should step in at the LG spot and win the job. He'll fit in fine now that Hutch is in Minn.

Pitt-C-Ohio State-Nick Mangold: Has been on the Steelers radar since the end of the College season. He'll be a great Steeler

Originally posted by DoJo Chargerfan
    I know I'm a Charger fan but let me know what you all think with the Bronco picks.

Hou- RB-USC- Reggie Bush: no explination needed

NO-OT-Virginia-D'Brickshaw Ferguson: Trading Gandy was a move that proves they'll invest heavily in the OL in this years draft

Tenn-QB-USC-Matt Leinart: Norm Chow and Leinart get reunited and Leinart should be named the starter by opening day with his familiarity with the offense.

NYJ-DE-N. Car. St.-Mario Williams: Wanted: pass rusher. Peppers-like but bigger and stronger, only not as quick.

GB-ILB/OLB-Ohio State-A.J. Hawk: would play great next to Barnett. Probably an open competition in camp for the ILB spot but I think AJ would play outside, and play well

SF-TE-Maryland-Vernon Davis: as big and as strong as he is it'll be hard to pass on this guy

Oak-QB-Texas-Vince Young: With Brooks' contract essentially a one year deal Young could make sense. I just think he needs at the minimum 3 years to get ready for NFL defenses.

Buf-QB-Vanderbuilt-Jay Cutler: He's rissen and fallen on alot of draft boards but if the Bills could pick up JC it'll be a GREAT pickup! Too bad they'll be in L.A. by 2010.

Det-S-Texas-Mike Huff: Det had his card ready yesterday. Will play S for the fast Lions D.

Az-OLB-Florida St.-Ernie Sims: the Cards had a top 10 defense points wise and Sims will add ALOT of speed to this young linebacker core.

StL-CB-Clemson-Tye Hill: Time to add defensive speed to cover the pass-it-up NFC West.

Clev-NG-Oregon-Haloti Ngata: a beast goes east. A clogger that wants to play 3 tech. What more do you want?

Bal-DT-Florida St-Brodrick Bunkley: Were weak up the middle last year. Bunk will improve their D, for sure!

Phi-RB-Memphis-DeAngelo Williams: a great all around back that knocks Westbrook to the slot.

Den-WR-Ohio State-Santonio Holmes: all kinds of hype is put on Jackson since the end of the season. Holmes was MUCH more impressive in his routes. He's fast and is willing to block. Den doesn't need another Ashlie Lelie, which is what Jackson is.

Mia-OT-USC-Winston Justice: IF he slips past the top 10 he could possibly slip to the Chargers if Miami, Baltimore, or Dallas doesn't nab him. Here I have the fins picking him up.

Minn-RB-USC-LenDale White: would fit perfectly with a man-on blocking scheme. Would have been Maroney but Maroney is more of a zone blocking running back so the Vikings will probably go with White regardless whether or not he ran in his pro day.

Dal-S-Tennessee-Jason Allen: Dal has been looking for a coverage S to play next to Roy Williams. If Allen and Justice are available I think the Boys will pick up Allen regardless. It's just a huge need for them.

SD-CB-S. Carolina-Jonathan Joseph: he should play wonderfully opposite Jammer. The popular opinion is to go for s but Jue and McCree will be fine, CB is much more of a need so we could put Drayton to his natural slot spot.

KC-WR-Florida-Chad Jackson: The Cheifs wanted a deep ball threat, they got it. He's really raw and will probably be a second option for a while but with the Cheifs' weak WR core he could work his way to #1 pretty quickly.

NE-DE/OLB-N. Car. St.-Manny Lawson: He was born to be a Patriot. He'll be an awsome answer to McGinest walking.

Den-RB-Minn-Lawrence Maroney: A zone blocking RB should be the opening day starter for the Broncos.

TB-G-Georgia-Max Jean-Giles: The Buccs lacked strength inside. Mad Max is a huge body, but proved he could move well. He'll continue to work and could be a pro bowler in a couple years

Cinn-OLB-Alabama-DeMeco Ryans: Ryans should take Pollacks place and let Pollack rush the passer as a DE. He could fly!

NYG-OLB-Iowa-Chad Greenway: I'm not sure if picking up Arrington will be a smart move for the Giants. The better option is picking up a young LB and mold him to be a Giant for years to come

Chi-S/CB-Virginia Tech-Jimmy Williams: He's a playmaker! The Bears need physical corners that could roam around the feild or lock up on a receiver. Williams should be their guy. He's my early pick for defensive rookie of the year

Car-TE-Georgia-Leonard Pope: a down-the-field threat because of his size and speed. Should help spread the field and Jake will spread the ball around a little more.

Jax-DE-Penn State-Tamba Hali: Will play rush end. Him, Spicer, and Hayward should be killer for QB's

NYJ-OLB/S-UTEP-Thomas Howard: Should add versatility to the Jets D, either at S or OLB. Either way he'll add speed and hard work to their D.

Indy-RB-LSU-Joseph Addai: He's a reach but fits in the Colts' mold for RB.

Sea-OG-USC-Duce Lutui: Should step in at the LG spot and win the job. He'll fit in fine now that Hutch is in Minn.

Pitt-C-Ohio State-Nick Mangold: Has been on the Steelers radar since the end of the College season. He'll be a great Steeler

C'mon....... you couldn't let Ngata or Bunkley slide to us at #15 .

Pretty good mock, IMO.
    My blog : "A new machine" http://dgalemore.blogspot.com

R.I.P. Darrent Williams 1982-2007

Comment

well its pretty interesting!
      sigpic

Comment

Good mock! I'd be fine with Holmes and Maroney, but you might regret giving them to us later.

S. Holmes vs. J. Joseph for the next 10 years?

Comment

Pretty good job on the mock!
          I too would be pretty happy with Holmes and Maroney.
          I am a huge Buckeye fan and loved watching him play for us last year.
          He may not be the biggest or best in the business, but he will get the job done.
          Darrent & Damien - Broncos 4ever

"When you're not practicing, remember that someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win" - Ed Macauley

Comment

Not bad

I could live with those picks, but I would like to see us go defense with at least one 1st round pick.

I would really enjoy the competition between Chad Jackson in KC and Darrent Williams, I also like S. Holmes against Jonathan Joseph.
            "If you are going through hell...keep going." Winston Churchill

"If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you'll be fired with enthusiasm." Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
            X