X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumor alert; bye Lelie and Hello davis

Broncos | Rumor alert: Lelie leaving
    Sun, 9 Apr 2006 08:20:30 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports on rumor making the rounds is the Denver Broncos trading WR Ashley Lelie. Two teams mentioned as potential destinations are the Green Bay Packers and San Francisco 49ers. At this point all of the talk is just that, talk. It's unclear if there is any connection between this talk and Lelie's decision to skip the first week of the Broncos' offseason workout program to work out on his own in Arizona. Lelie is entering a contract year and he could leave Denver as a free agent after the 2006 season.

Broncos | Rumor alert: Trading up in the NFL Draft
    Sun, 9 Apr 2006 08:14:14 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports one rumor making the rounds is the Denver Broncos packaging their No. 15 and No. 22 picks in the first round of the NFL Draft to move up to No. 5 (Green Bay) or No. 6 (San Francisco) to take Maryland TE Vernon Davis, whose football ability, size and speed make him an off-the-charts NFL prospect. Interest from Denver makes sense, because the Broncos need a tight end and a playmaker, but there are reasons Denver might not want to trade up that high. The Broncos might not want to pay a player as much as a top-five pick would earn. Denver likely would rather spread its money between two first-round picks.

Just some rumors that were on kffl, This would be an interesting move, if Terell could be a #2 and then add davis to the mix. The 3rd wr never get any balls, i dont think that will change this year, this could be a good move..

Beat me to the Punch although check my thread it makes to much sense.
    http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthread.php?p=497087#post497087

Above I will list all my predictions for the 2005 season.

Comment

Originally posted by rugbythug
      Beat me to the Punch although check my thread it makes to much sense.
      God--is that a pic Lendale White you have there????? He just looks like a Fat-man is dying to get out!!! (wrinkles on the neck, glowing forehead indicating his collar is tooo tight..........)
      Last edited by BroncosRPH; 04-09-2006, 10:04 AM.

Comment

I know he just has super athlete written all over him
        http://216.58.161.132/forums/showthread.php?p=497087#post497087

Above I will list all my predictions for the 2005 season.

Comment

I don't see why we couldn't get this done with the 9ers. Brandon Lloyd who is now on the 'Skins, leaves SF without any wide recievers of note. We give them lelie and our #22 pick for their #6 pick. That'd be great if you ask me, we may lose lelie and our #22 in the process, but that'd pretty much guarantee that we get Vernon Davis, and we'd still have the #22. This would be the ideal situation. Also while it may not happen, Duke is playing in the slot WR position in NFL-E. That would mean he could come into the slot here in Denver, put Davis at TE, Rod at #1, but that still doesn't solve the #2 spot. It'd be risky, yes, but it might just pay off.

Or, we could ship Lelie and our #15(maybe the #22 also, who knows) to the cheeseheads for Walker and their #5 pick. While this seems to be lop-sided to the broncos, Javon is desperate to get out of GB, and i'm sure the front office is just as desperate to get something for him before the season starts. Plus, he's coming off an injury, so his stock isn't at an all-time high, so just the #15 might suffice. This gives up Vernon Davis at TE, Javon at #2(unless he beats out Rod), Rod at #1(Unless he's beat out by Javon), and Duke at the Slot, or maybe second TE. Either way, that's a nice offensive arsenal.
          Last edited by The|Snake#16; 04-09-2006, 10:01 AM.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Comment

I'm not a fan of trading both first rounders at all.... not even for Davis. Trade one of the picks + a player, Ok. But don't trade both of them. We're in a position to get 2 very good, young players this year.
            sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=The|Snake#16]I don't see why we couldn't get this done with the 9ers. Brandon Lloyd who is now on the 'Skins, leaves SF without any wide recievers of note. We give them lelie and our #22 pick for their #6 pick. That'd be great if you ask me, we may lose lelie and our #22 in the process, but that'd pretty much guarantee that we get Vernon Davis, and we'd still have the #22. This would be the ideal situation. Also while it may not happen, Duke is playing in the slot WR position in NFL-E. That would mean he could come into the slot here in Denver, put Davis at TE, Rod at #1, but that still doesn't solve the #2 spot. It'd be risky, yes, but it might just pay off.

QUOTE]

Lelie is not worth this much. We would need to trade at least the #15 and Lelie to get this done and that is still probably not enough.

Comment

Originally posted by The|Snake#16
                I don't see why we couldn't get this done with the 9ers. Brandon Lloyd who is now on the 'Skins, leaves SF without any wide recievers of note. We give them lelie and our #22 pick for their #6 pick.
                According to the value charts and the relative value of Lelie, we'd be robbing the 49ers blind. I'd have to say that trade would never, ever happen.

Or, we could ship Lelie and our #15(maybe the #22 also, who knows) to the cheeseheads for Walker and their #5 pick. While this seems to be lop-sided to the broncos, Javon is desperate to get out of GB, and i'm sure the front office is just as desperate to get something for him before the season starts. Plus, he's coming off an injury, so his stock isn't at an all-time high, so just the #15 might suffice.
                Again, you're assuming waaaay too much value for Lelie. There is no way anybody is going to value him that high to make the kind of trades you're suggesting. No offense but neither of those trade possibilities is actually a possibility.
                "You can't take the sky from me..."
                ------
                "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Comment

Originally posted by The|Snake#16
                  I don't see why we couldn't get this done with the 9ers. Brandon Lloyd who is now on the 'Skins, leaves SF without any wide recievers of note. We give them lelie and our #22 pick for their #6 pick. That'd be great if you ask me, we may lose lelie and our #22 in the process, but that'd pretty much guarantee that we get Vernon Davis, and we'd still have the #22. This would be the ideal situation. Also while it may not happen, Duke is playing in the slot WR position in NFL-E. That would mean he could come into the slot here in Denver, put Davis at TE, Rod at #1, but that still doesn't solve the #2 spot. It'd be risky, yes, but it might just pay off.

Or, we could ship Lelie and our #15(maybe the #22 also, who knows) to the cheeseheads for Walker and their #5 pick. While this seems to be lop-sided to the broncos, Javon is desperate to get out of GB, and i'm sure the front office is just as desperate to get something for him before the season starts. Plus, he's coming off an injury, so his stock isn't at an all-time high, so just the #15 might suffice. This gives up Vernon Davis at TE, Javon at #2(unless he beats out Rod), Rod at #1(Unless he's beat out by Javon), and Duke at the Slot, or maybe second TE. Either way, that's a nice offensive arsenal.

I thought I read somewhere on here that GB was looking to keep Javon Walker?
                  Ready for the friggen season already!

Comment

If we trade both of our firsts to get a TE, I'm going to freaking lose it, might be the dumbest move ever, if we should be trading up for anyone it should be michael huff or Mario Williams.
                    New England Patriots GM

Comment

Originally posted by Javalon
                      According to the value charts and the relative value of Lelie, we'd be robbing the 49ers blind. I'd have to say that trade would never, ever happen.

Again, you're assuming waaaay too much value for Lelie. There is no way anybody is going to value him that high to make the kind of trades you're suggesting. No offense but neither of those trade possibilities is actually a possibility.
                      I'll admit the 49ers trade is a strech, and would probably require more, the Packers trade isn't far off. Lelie would compliment Donald Driver well. Javon Walker is coming off an injury, his stock isn't high, I don't see how this trade is so far off, as the speculation by everyone on these boards when the rumors about Javon came out involved us giving a 4th rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by Gbt31
                        If we trade both of our firsts to get a TE, I'm going to freaking lose it, might be the dumbest move ever, if we should be trading up for anyone it should be michael huff or Mario Williams.
                        I don't see the logic in moving up for huff when we have lynch and ferguson, we could get Jason Allen at the #22 pick probably, if we're being conservative on pick swapping. Williams I would agree with, but i'm not sure we have that kind of firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by myoung
                          Lelie is not worth this much. We would need to trade at least the #15 and Lelie to get this done and that is still probably not enough.
                          Lelie doesn't have much value. If we're moving up, pick 15 is going away; no question. And if we use the high pick on TE by trading our #2 WR, the Broncos better have a nice plan for how we're filling that hole left by him being traded. Would we use pick 22 on a WR? I sure hope so.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RazR
                            Lelie doesn't have much value. If we're moving up, pick 15 is going away; no question. And if we use the high pick on TE by trading our #2 WR, the Broncos better have a nice plan for how we're filling that hole left by him being traded. Would we use pick 22 on a WR? I sure hope so.
                            Well if we traded with the Packers, that problem would pretty much be solved.

Comment

Originally posted by RazR
                              I'm not a fan of trading both first rounders at all.... not even for Davis. Trade one of the picks + a player, Ok. But don't trade both of them. We're in a position to get 2 very good, young players this year.

I agree completely. Is Davis going to make more of an impact than 2 key players that can contribute significantly right away? Sorry, I dont think so. Lelie, our #15 and a third rounder next year would make sense for Green Bay. You do not give both of those to the Pack unless Walker is included in the deal. No way.

sigpic

Myself, Shawn (a chefs fan) and Mike on our way home from the Sand Trap in June '06. (Mildenhall AFB)

Comment

Working...
                              X