Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One thing I know for sure...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • One thing I know for sure...

    One thing I know for sure is that nobody, analysts included, has any real idea what Shanny & Co. are going to do with our picks.

    I see plenty of draft analysts spouting off like they are in the know about what the Broncos are going to do with their picks. Not just voicing their opinions but acting like they have insider knowledge.

    But I think most of us here know that no matter what we think makes sense or what the Broncos might be doing that won't make sense, they'll manage to surprise us all somehow.

    I guess there is another thing I know for sure: 90%+ of the board will be *****ing and moaning about our draft no matter what we do. Probably me too! Ah, what fun it will be on draft day...
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

  • #2
    I agree.... they stimy everyone, every year.


    [SIZE=1][B]Adopted Bronco:Kenard Lang

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BroncoFanCam
      I agree.... they stimy everyone, every year.
      You got that right, but I think I have a pretty good idea who you would like to see don the orange and blue this fall.

      Comment


      • #4
        Last year I dont think anyone could have predicted those picks. One thing though is that they surprise a lot of people because I see people saying we need or should take some rediculous crap that would never happen. This also is a factor in people being disapointed and stunned. The simple fact is that they sit there and look at all of these guys and how they play for hours. They also talk to them and see how they act. None of us get to do this so it makes it almost impossible to tell who we should really take.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by jhns
          Last year I dont think anyone could have predicted those picks. One thing though is that they surprise a lot of people because I see people saying we need or should take some rediculous crap that would never happen. This also is a factor in people being disapointed and stunned. The simple fact is that they sit there and look at all of these guys and how they play for hours. They also talk to them and see how they act. None of us get to do this so it makes it almost impossible to tell who we should really take.

          Boy, you're kind of a buzz-kill aren't ya?

          That being said, you are 110% right. CP for you!
          Last edited by pipes; 04-11-2006, 10:05 PM. Reason: didn't come out right

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jhns
            Last year I dont think anyone could have predicted those picks. One thing though is that they surprise a lot of people because I see people saying we need or should take some rediculous crap that would never happen. This also is a factor in people being disapointed and stunned. The simple fact is that they sit there and look at all of these guys and how they play for hours. They also talk to them and see how they act. None of us get to do this so it makes it almost impossible to tell who we should really take.

            Actually, a friend of mine who knew nothing about the Broncos told me this after we traded our first last year:
            "Wouldn't it be funny if you guys drafted like 3 corners or something?"

            I swear, this year, I'm going to duct tape his damn mouth shut before the draft. Just to make sure. Or at least make him say something like Vernon Davis will fall to 15 and Mario will fall to 22 ^_^

            Comment


            • #7
              Actually that is what makes it so fun... Everytime there is a trade or a pick just totally out of the blue which confounds the Mel and the draft experts. Of course it is entertaining to see all the hype and who the "experts" are picking for each team and why.

              I love the shots of the war rooms and also the coverage of teams in their locker rooms.

              Most of the mock drafts have Chad Jackson going to us on 15th, but it will be interesting what Shanahan decides to do if he keeps that pick.
              Go Broncos!!! - Hosea 10:12

              Comment


              • #8
                We should compile a list of different "experts" projections right before the draft and see how well they do, just for fun.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Javalon
                  One thing I know for sure is that nobody, analysts included, has any real idea what Shanny & Co. are going to do with our picks.

                  I see plenty of draft analysts spouting off like they are in the know about what the Broncos are going to do with their picks. Not just voicing their opinions but acting like they have insider knowledge.

                  But I think most of us here know that no matter what we think makes sense or what the Broncos might be doing that won't make sense, they'll manage to surprise us all somehow.

                  I guess there is another thing I know for sure: 90%+ of the board will be *****ing and moaning about our draft no matter what we do. Probably me too! Ah, what fun it will be on draft day...
                  Actually.... the experts have narrowed it down quite well. The Broncos will select a WR, RB, TE, QB, or DE in the first round

                  Seriously, unless you have the top 3 picks.... no team is certain who they will get yet.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RazR
                    Actually.... the experts have narrowed it down quite well. The Broncos will select a WR, RB, TE, QB, or DE in the first round

                    Seriously, unless you have the top 3 picks.... no team is certain who they will get yet.

                    but we neeeeed a DT...

                    stupid experts cant get anything right.
                    "Philosophers have hitherto merely interpreted the world in various ways; the point, however, is to change it."--Karl Marx


                    "And I tell you this, that you must give an account on judgement day of every idle word you speak. The words you say now reflect your fate then; either you will be justified by them or you will be condemned."--Jesus Christ




                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Pipes7
                      You got that right, but I think I have a pretty good idea who you would like to see don the orange and blue this fall.


                      lol, what gave him away?




                      i'm keeping my fingers crossed that shanny will surprise us in a GOOD way this year. . .
                      Officially Objectified by the GPA

                      rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by dogfish
                        lol, what gave him away?




                        i'm keeping my fingers crossed that shanny will surprise us in a GOOD way this year. . .
                        You still holding out hope for Manny Lawson Dogfish? Must be tough hearing all the DeAngelo Williams/LenDale White/Chad Jackson talk!

                        Or . . . trade up for Vernon Davis, etc.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cugel
                          You still holding out hope for Manny Lawson Dogfish? Must be tough hearing all the DeAngelo Williams/LenDale White/Chad Jackson talk!

                          Or . . . trade up for Vernon Davis, etc.


                          yes to both questions. . . . . .
                          Officially Objectified by the GPA

                          rest in peace, darrent williams and damien nash-- you will be missed!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I remember once reading a book that talked about why people want to argue about how many stars there are, and the answer that the author came up with was that this way, no one can prove you wrong. I think in part this is true, no one can prove me wrong and if Shanahan drafts differently then HE must be wrong and even if we do well imagine how well things would have gone with my picks.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Perry1977
                              We should compile a list of different "experts" projections right before the draft and see how well they do, just for fun.
                              that might be fun.....im game for it if others will, i just have to find time between school and such, but im in for sure if we do

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X