Matt Leinhart or Vince Young?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daniel80111
    Thats the dumbest thing I've heard today...Leinart works so much harder than Young its unbelievable. The only reason he's a celebrity is

1. He plays in LA, where if you start winning everyone notices and gravels at your feet.
    2. The women like him.

Trust me, I know Matt (personally). He's as laid back as it gets, all he wants to do is play football. If he cared about the money and the "celebrity" fame, he would have declared for the draft last year and been the #1 pick. Therefore my friend, you are officially the least informed person I know on this board.
    And you know how hard VY works? Not saying Matt doesn't work hard but to so matter of factly state Matt works much harder than VY is plain dumb. I've got inside sources at Texas (some former and current players) and they have all said VY worked harder than anyone they have ever seen. Not only that, he had the rest of the team out there in the summers four nights a week running seven on seven.

Again...not saying Matt isn't a hard worker.......but please don't sit there and tell us you know for a fact he works harder than VY. Hell, just look at their bodies and tell me who looks like they work harder?

VY is a beast......you will soon see for yourself.

Dimi
    BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS

Comment

Originally posted by DimiHorn
      And you know how hard VY works? Not saying Matt doesn't work hard but to so matter of factly state Matt works much harder than VY is plain dumb. I've got inside sources at Texas (some former and current players) and they have all said VY worked harder than anyone they have ever seen. Not only that, he had the rest of the team out there in the summers four nights a week running seven on seven.

Again...not saying Matt isn't a hard worker.......but please don't sit there and tell us you know for a fact he works harder than VY. Hell, just look at their bodies and tell me who looks like they work harder?

VY is a beast......you will soon see for yourself.

Dimi
      I'm sure you ve got inside sources, but I am an inside source. I know how hard VY works, he works extremely hard. But you have to understand, Matt isnt half as gifted physically as VY is. VY has a stronger arm, hes bigger, and faster. The only way that Matt wins is the fact that he's learned to win. He studies more film than anyone else. He outworks people. How do you think he got himself to this position today. FYI: When Carson Palmer left, EVERYONE was positive that Matt Cassell won the starting job after spring practice. Stronger arm, and just flat out looked better. 2 days after Spring practice is over, Leinart is miraculously named the starter. The only reason we chose him was we saw his will to get better as a quarterback, constantly looking for holes in the defense. So basically what I m saying is I know that Matt works harder than anyone in college football. And thats a fact. If you want any more information on players I'll be glad to help you out, just PM me.

Comment

I'm sure you ve got inside sources, but I am an inside source. I know how hard VY works, he works extremely hard. But you have to understand, Matt isnt half as gifted physically as VY is. VY has a stronger arm, hes bigger, and faster. The only way that Matt wins is the fact that he's learned to win. He studies more film than anyone else. He outworks people. How do you think he got himself to this position today. FYI: When Carson Palmer left, EVERYONE was positive that Matt Cassell won the starting job after spring practice. Stronger arm, and just flat out looked better. 2 days after Spring practice is over, Leinart is miraculously named the starter. The only reason we chose him was we saw his will to get better as a quarterback, constantly looking for holes in the defense. So basically what I m saying is I know that Matt works harder than anyone in college football. And thats a fact. If you want any more information on players I'll be glad to help you out, just PM me.
        PM'd you.

Dimi
        BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS

Comment

Leinhart is the better QB, Young is the better athlete. Trying to pick between them is like picking apples and bananas, you go with what you like more. I think Young will have an immediate impact on any team 1-10(except raiders they are terrible no matter what) I believe leinhart will be better in the long run. Leinhart comes from an NFL style offense with the pressure of living up to the expectations of Carson Palmer. I think we know we all know how well Palmer turned out. Alex Smith and Young have the same problem entering the NFL, not many snaps under center. Ill take a pocket passer any day over a run first qb because at the end of the day the QB's job is to throw the football not run.

Comment

Originally posted by dabreeze1984
            Leinhart is the better QB, Young is the better athlete. Trying to pick between them is like picking apples and bananas, you go with what you like more. I think Young will have an immediate impact on any team 1-10(except raiders they are terrible no matter what) I believe leinhart will be better in the long run. Leinhart comes from an NFL style offense with the pressure of living up to the expectations of Carson Palmer. I think we know we all know how well Palmer turned out. Alex Smith and Young have the same problem entering the NFL, not many snaps under center. Ill take a pocket passer any day over a run first qb because at the end of the day the QB's job is to throw the football not run.
            Yeah, people told MV the same thing and guess what. He started throwing for 300+ from the pocket and losing games.

Comment

Who are you that you know all of these guys so well? I doubt you know both unless your job is to travel as a sports writer or recruiter. Anyways, I think last seasons championship game proved who works harder.

Comment

Originally posted by jhns
                Who are you that you know all of these guys so well? I doubt you know both unless your job is to travel as a sports writer or recruiter. Anyways, I think last seasons championship game proved who works harder.
                BINGO!!!!

VY did 10x what Leinart did in that game. Better leader, better athlete, stronger arm......better player!

Dimi
                BRONCO FANATIC IN TEXAS

Comment

Leinart has run an NFL offense, that's half the battle of being a pro won there.

VY ran a very basic offense out of the gun, which won't stand a hope in hell in the NFL. He has to learn a LOT to get to NFL QB level. Yeah his arm's better than Vick's, but people get all caught up in the "athlete vs position" debate and forget the best QBs in the game todays are:

Manning, Brady, Palmer, McNabb, Roethlisberger, Hasselbeck, Delhomme, Favre etc etc

Anyone notice a pattern there? Pocket passers maybe? (McNabb doesn't scramble much anymore.) Mike Vick was going to revolutionise quarterbacking, and 5 years later he's moping around at mid-50% completion and the Falcons are at 8-8, nowhere near the SB (completely shut down in the NFC CG). Woo.

Comment

i say vince because with leinhart having bush and white at tailback, they took pressure and attention off of himself and was then able to throw downfield. vince did not have that kind of help and was able to fake people out downfield and then scramble, which leinhart cannot do.
                    do your best no matter what cutbacks you encounter.

Comment

I can't say I'm involved in sports writing. Lets just say I'm highly involved in the college football coaching side of things. Thats the only way I can put it.

Comment

Yeah, people told MV the same thing and guess what. He started throwing for 300+ from the pocket and losing games.
                        Is this you arguing with me or agreeing

Comment

This is pointless. It depends what you're looking for. If you're looking for potential, you'll like Vince. If you want a pocket passer that's more ready to play now, you want Matt. That's all, you cant go wrong with either. I personally prefer Matt due to pocket passers being more successful in the NFL and the whole injury for running qbs. But thats just a personal preference.

Comment

This is pointless. It depends what you're looking for. If you're looking for potential, you'll like Vince. If you want a pocket passer that's more ready to play now, you want Matt. That's all, you cant go wrong with either. I personally prefer Matt due to pocket passers being more successful in the NFL and the whole injury for running qbs. But thats just a personal preference.
                            I agree, this is what ive been preaching the whole draft

Comment

Neither will make it big n the NFL .

Leinharts arm strength will be his bane.

Young has way to many bad habits to break.

Both will go to teams that SUCK and therefore whither on the vine.

The teams suck for a reason not just he supporting cast on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by dabreeze1984
                                Is this you arguing with me or agreeing
                                I was saying Vick can pass from the pocket pretty well. When he was throwing from the pocket he had good numbers but the team still lost. This is why he is better running around, because it wins games. Also, for everyone that feels the need to bash Vick, he is a very good passer with little talent at receiver. If you watch him he throws it to his guys a lot and they just dont get it or make moves on the ball. He needs a top receiver that can catch the bullets that he throws at guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X